Visions of Heaven and Hell by John Bunyan

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
This is the testimony of John Bunyan, author of the timeless classic, Pilgrims Progress. One of the most important parts of his testimony is right at the beginning where he speaks of a man who befriended him using many arguments to doubt the existence of God. This led to a great tragic mistake in Bunyan's life and after you hear his testimony you will see why it is best to walk away from someone who is trying to cause you to question or doubt your faith in God. Never listen to what you know in your heart is not true. Use wisdom and walk away. You'll be glad that you did. Please listen to Bunyan's testimony from his book, Visions of Heaven and Hell.

[ame=http://youtu.be/oLOAUB9Vjo0]Visions of Heaven and Hell by John Bunyan (author of 'Pilgrim's Progress') - YouTube[/ame]

You can see by Bunyans quotes that he was a man who had a deep and abiding relationship with Jesus Christ as His Lord and Savior.

John Bunyan Quotes

Christian, let God's distinguishing love to you be a motive to you to fear Him greatly. He has put His fear in your heart, and may not have given that blessing to your neighbor, perhaps not to your husband, your wife, your child, or your parent. Oh, what an obligation should this thought lay upon your heart to greatly fear the Lord! Remember also that this fear of the Lord is His treasure, a choice jewel, given only to favorites, and to those who are greatly beloved. - John Bunyan

In times of affliction we commonly meet with the sweetest experiences of the love of God. - John Bunyan

He that forgets his friend is ungrateful to him; but he that forgets his Saviour is unmerciful to himself. - John Bunyan

Last edited:
Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.8For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.…

Cross References

Job 4:8
As I have observed, those who plow evil and those who sow trouble reap it.

Job 13:9
Would it turn out well if he examined you? Could you deceive him as you might deceive a mortal?

Hosea 10:13
But you have planted wickedness, you have reaped evil, you have eaten the fruit of deception. Because you have depended on your own strength and on your many warriors,

1 Corinthians 6:9
Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men

2 Corinthians 9:6
Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.

Treasury of Scripture

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatever a man sows, that shall he also reap.
The confirmation of John Bunyan's testimony is that these scriptures and many more line up word for word with what his visions of hell - given first in the video speak about - and his visions of hell speak about it - which is the second half of the video. Every single word lines up with Scripture. Every word.

Last edited:
Some people may wonder after viewing the video what are sins of the flesh? These are bible scriptures that reference the sins of the flesh.

BIBLE VERSES ABOUT SINS OF THE FLESH

1 John 2:15-17 - Love not the world, neither the things [that are] in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. (Read More...)

Galatians 5:19 - Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Ephesians 2:1-22 - And you [hath he quickened], who were dead in trespasses and sins; (Read More...)

1 John 2:4-6 - He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. (Read More...)

Colossians 2:11 - In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

Galatians 5:19-21 - Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, (Read More...)

2 Peter 1:4 - Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Colossians 2:1-23 - For I would that ye knew what great conflict I have for you, and [for] them at Laodicea, and [for] as many as have not seen my face in the flesh; (Read More...)

Romans 13:13 - Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.

Mark 16:16 - He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Last edited:
So now you may ask what can I do? How can I be saved from hell?

John 3:7 You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.'Parallel Commentaries
Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary

3:1-8 Nicodemus was afraid, or ashamed to be seen with Christ, therefore came in the night. When religion is out of fashion, there are many Nicodemites. But though he came by night, Jesus bid him welcome, and hereby taught us to encourage good beginnings, although weak. And though now he came by night, yet afterward he owned Christ publicly. He did not talk with Christ about state affairs, though he was a ruler, but about the concerns of his own soul and its salvation, and went at once to them. Our Saviour spoke of the necessity and nature of regeneration or the new birth, and at once directed Nicodemus to the source of holiness of the heart. Birth is the beginning of life; to be born again, is to begin to live anew, as those who have lived much amiss, or to little purpose. We must have a new nature, new principles, new affections, new aims. By our first birth we were corrupt, shapen in sin; therefore we must be made new creatures. No stronger expression could have been chosen to signify a great and most remarkable change of state and character. We must be entirely different from what we were before, as that which begins to be at any time, is not, and cannot be the same with that which was before. This new birth is from heaven, ch. 1:13, and its tendency is to heaven. It is a great change made in the heart of a sinner, by the power of the Holy Spirit. It means that something is done in us, and for us, which we cannot do for ourselves. Something is wrong, whereby such a life begins as shall last for ever. We cannot otherwise expect any benefit by Christ; it is necessary to our happiness here and hereafter. What Christ speak, Nicodemus misunderstood, as if there had been no other way of regenerating and new-moulding an immortal soul, than by new-framing the body. But he acknowledged his ignorance, which shows a desire to be better informed. It is then further explained by the Lord Jesus. He shows the Author of this blessed change. It is not wrought by any wisdom or power of our own, but by the power of the blessed Spirit. We are shapen in iniquity, which makes it necessary that our nature be changed. We are not to marvel at this; for, when we consider the holiness of God, the depravity of our nature, and the happiness set before us, we shall not think it strange that so much stress is laid upon this. The regenerating work of the Holy Spirit is compared to water. It is also probable that Christ had reference to the ordinance of baptism. Not that all those, and those only, that are baptized, are saved; but without that new birth which is wrought by the Spirit, and signified by baptism, none shall be subjects of the kingdom of heaven.

You can read the rest of Matthew Henry's commentary on the link above. Scriptures are included on link.

Last edited:
Acts 2:38 Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.Context

Three Thousand Believe
37Now when they heard this, they were pierced to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, "Brethren, what shall we do?" 38Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39"For the promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off, as many as the Lord our God will call to Himself."…

Cross References

Isaiah 59:20
"The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins," declares the LORD.

Matthew 3:6
Confessing their sins, they were baptized by him in the Jordan River.

Mark 1:15
"The time has come," he said. "The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!"

Luke 3:10
"What should we do then?" the crowd asked.

Luke 24:47
and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Acts 3:19
Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord,

Last edited:
John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.Context

The Way, the Truth, and the Life
5Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?" 6Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. 7"If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him."…

Cross References

John 1:4
In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.

John 1:14
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 1:17
For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

John 10:9
I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture.

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die;

Ye must be born again. Repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and be baptised. Believe in your heart and confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ shed his blood on the cross and died for your sins so that you could be forgive and receive Him as your Lord and Savior. If you reject the pardon God has offered through His Only Begotten Son, if you reject Jesus Christ as your Lord and your God you cannot enter heaven. It is not a matter of works. Salvation is a free gift. You cannot earn it. There is nothing you can do to earn it. You must be born again. You must.

Last edited:
Romans 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Context

The Word Brings Salvation
…8But what does it say? "THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART "-- that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, 9that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.…

Cross References

Matthew 10:32
"Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven.

Luke 12:8
"I tell you, whoever publicly acknowledges me before others, the Son of Man will also acknowledge before the angels of God.

Acts 2:24
But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him.

Acts 2:32
God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of it.

Acts 16:31
They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved--you and your household."

Romans 4:24
but also for us, to whom God will credit righteousness--for us who believe in him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead.

Romans 10:10
For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

Last edited:
Do you sense that the LORD is dealing with your heart about unrepented sin, beloved? Do you wonder what the sinners prayer is all about? It is based on Romans 10:9 and here is a sample of a prayer you can pray to ask the Lord Jesus Christ to forgive you of your sins and save you so that you can have the matter of your eternal destiny settled tonight. Wouldn't it be wonderful to go to sleep tonight knowing that you had been reconciled to God and there was no longer anything between you? Beloved, whatever is keeping you from giving your life to Christ is not worth the eternal price you will one day pay for it. None of us are guaranteed tomorrow. God will take away those evil desires and give you a new heart that desires to do things that please Him. The work of the cross was His work not yours! Come to the Lord and pray this prayer!

Salvation Prayer - Sinner's Prayer

Dear God in heaven, I come to you in the name of Jesus. I acknowledge to You that I am a sinner, and I am sorry for my sins and the life that I have lived; I need your forgiveness.

I believe that your only begotten Son Jesus Christ shed His precious blood on the cross at Calvary and died for my sins, and I am now willing to turn from my sin.

You said in Your Holy Word, Romans 10:9 that if we confess the Lord our God and believe in our hearts that God raised Jesus from the dead, we shall be saved.

Right now I confess Jesus as the Lord of my soul. With my heart, I believe that God raised Jesus from the dead. This very moment I accept Jesus Christ as my own personal Savior and according to His Word, right now I am saved.

Thank you Jesus for your unlimited grace which has saved me from my sins. I thank you Jesus that your grace never leads to license, but rather it always leads to repentance. Therefore Lord Jesus transform my life so that I may bring glory and honor to you alone and not to myself.

Thank you Jesus for dying for me and giving me eternal life.

Amen.If you just said this prayer and you meant it with all your heart and you have repented for your sins, we believe that you just got saved and are born again. You may ask, "Now that I am saved, what's next?" First of all you need to get into a bible-based church, and study God's Word. Once you have found a church home, you will want to become water-baptized. By accepting Christ you are baptized in the spirit, but it is through water-baptism that you show your obedience to the Lord. Water baptism is a symbol of your salvation from the dead. You were dead but now you live, for the Lord Jesus Christ has redeemed you for a price! The price was His death on the cross. May God Bless You!

Last edited:
Throughout my childhood and teen years, I had religion shoved down my throat (bible school, Sunday services, church groups), yet the whole time, I knew in my heart that while there were a few positive things about it, it was overall a primitive creation of man's and a load of crap.
I am not here to tell you or Bunyan not to believe, but rather, understand that we who don't believe, don't want you shoving it down our childrens throats (i.e., public schools), or coming to our doorsteps peddling your snake oil. Believe me, everyone in the U.S. is aware of organized religion and what it peddles and if we aren't in church by your side, it's because we aren't interested.
So, you'll pardon is if we slam the door in your faces, or also turn and walk away from you.

I'm not knocking on your door, MDiver. The LORD is. Your response is an excuse to stay where you are at. Don't blame me for the conviction you are feeling in your own heart. It is up to you as to what you do about your own conscience. I'm not responsible for your decisions. You are. I'll keep you in my prayers.

[ame=http://youtu.be/JsAKeRyK-xw]Lord I Give You My Heart by Michael W.Smith - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://youtu.be/eg_ptucUsKU]when i look into your holiness - maranatha singers - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://youtu.be/2fY9NqlGxFQ]"How About Your Heart" - Carroll Roberson - YouTube[/ame]

Hebrews 2:3 how shall we escape if we ignore so great a salvation? This salvation, which was first announced by the Lord, was confirmed to us by those who heard him.

Hebrews 10:29
How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace?

Hebrews 12:25
See to it that you do not refuse him who speaks. If they did not escape when they refused him who warned them on earth, how much less will we, if we turn away from him who warns us from heaven?

1 John 1:1
That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched--this we proclaim concerning the Word of life.

Jude 1:17
But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold.

Treasury of Scripture

How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by them that heard him;

Last edited:
How blessed we are to have a message board that permits the preaching of the Gospel of Jesus Christ! To have freedom of speech! How much the people of North Korea would love to have such an opportunity hear the Word of God! People in some countries travel to a nearby town with electricity so they can even see the internet and read a sermon online, hear worship music and testimonies! My goodness! Do you think they would complain about a margin line being too far this way or that way? Do you think they would complain about a box being smaller to type in? ( God forgive my ignorant thoughts! ) Do you think they would complain about not having bolder type or slanted type and yet we have all of that on this board and so what is there to complain about? Absolutely nothing! America is a blessed nation to have the freedom to do these things and yet for how much longer will all this freedom remain?

We need to redeem the time, People! We need to redeem the time!

• Bill Wiese's book '23 Minutes in Hell' is scare-tactic sensationalism at it's best, and attempts to use Bill's experience (read: bold faced lie) of visiting Hell to scare people into converting (and to make Bill filthy rich).
Bill Wiese is a scam artist. He claims that he went to hell for exactly 23 minutes and now has written a book and spends his life lecturing about his experience in hell.$$$

Christianity’s motivation for morality is fear. There is no better example than Bill Wiese. Christians want to be good because of fear that if they don’t they will be put into a burning place to work for eternity. They will define what “hell” would be like in Earthly terms – fire, etc. Yet to describe what “heaven” would be like is supposedly beyond what we can comprehend. What a load of garbage.

Bill Wiess was a real estate agent that was pulling in 6 figures before his encounter with hell and he left it all to go warn the world. I'd hardly consider that a business move, Guno! What else do you have? Anything or was that it?

Forum List

Back