Vivek does Town Hall in Springfield

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

SPRINGFIELD, Ohio - Former Republican presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy spoke with Fox News Digital about why he decided to host a town hall in Springfield, Ohio, which had been at the center of a political firestorm.

"I wanted to hear 360 degrees, all perspectives," Ramaswamy told Fox News Digital ahead of the town hall on Thursday. "I don't blame the people who live here. I blame the federal policies that created the conditions that are causing people in this community to suffer."

Springfield, a city of roughly 60,000 residents, had been hit with an influx of 20,000 Haitian migrants as a result of the Biden-Harris administration granting them legal status through a parole program, leading to strained resources for the education and health care system as well as social services.

I think it is great that the people of Springfield has someone out there in the state of Ohio who seems to give a damn about their plight, because local and state and federal politicians certainly don't.

No, they just call them all "racists" for any complaints regarding this sudden influx of immigrants.

Like the small town of Palestine that saw toxic loads of chemicals infest an entire town, no one seems to care about them.

Voters are truly without representation in the US.

Sad.

SPRINGFIELD, Ohio - Former Republican presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy spoke with Fox News Digital about why he decided to host a town hall in Springfield, Ohio, which had been at the center of a political firestorm.

"I wanted to hear 360 degrees, all perspectives," Ramaswamy told Fox News Digital ahead of the town hall on Thursday. "I don't blame the people who live here. I blame the federal policies that created the conditions that are causing people in this community to suffer."

Springfield seeks to be immigrant friendly city

What in the hell is that?

A bunch of Left-wing politicians stating how their community is all about welcoming immigrants?

Really? There is no voter participation in that article whatsoever.

This says it all. You people are clueless.

Notice none of them went to Martha's Vineyard with these political elites live, and they never will go.

In fact, I remember when DeSantis sent them there. It had to be only an hour before the first bus load arrived, they were all shipped away instantaneously.

Hilarious.

You mean Springfield politicians, they didn't give a fuck what the people they 'represented' wanted at all. Which is what the Op specifically stated, the average citizen has no representation in government any longer, government is king.
There is no good way to "spring" some 20,000 poor immigrants onto a town of only 60,000 people and have a good outcome.

The DNC allowed this and anyone who complains about their idiocy will be labeled a racist.

You mean Springfield politicians, they didn't give a fuck what the people they 'represented' wanted at all. Which is what the Op specifically stated, the average citizen has no representation in government any longer, government is king.

Politicians lead by business leaders but all the same, not shipped in but invited.

Vivek could create a shadow government.

It could be a town hall type of place where they take donations and try to improve their community that the local government has forsaken.

Really, the same can be said for the country as well.

What in the hell is that?

A bunch of Left-wing politicians stating how their community is all about welcoming immigrants?

Really? There is no voter participation in that article whatsoever.

This says it all. You people are clueless.

Notice none of them went to Martha's Vineyard with these political elites live, and they never will go.

In fact, I remember when DeSantis sent them there. It had to be only an hour before the first bus load arrived, they were all shipped away instantaneously.

Hilarious.

They weren't offered jobs there.

How did they get there?

Did they just walk?

Now my geography is not too good, but if memory serves, there is an ocean to cross to get there in addition to being half a world away.

Whoever put them there is responsible for them, and guess what, it is not the voters of Springfield.

Any ideas? Who paid all that money to just drop them off on someone's doorstep like a drunken stork?

Should the voters of a community, or even a country, be asked to vote if they should receive immigrants?

Anyone?

Or should the Left simply say they should because that is the right thing to do, or they are racist and force the issue, like they do today?

Have we all resigned ourselves to the notion that the Left should be able to impose their morality on us all?

Should the voters of a community, or even a country, be asked to vote if they should receive immigrants?

Anyone?

Or should the Left simply say they should because that is the right thing to do, or they are racist and force the issue, like they do today?

Have we all resigned ourselves to the notion that the Left should be able to impose their morality on us all?
Now that I think about it, without the border secure, how can voters decide who should come and go from their own country? You can't. You have zero control. You have zero voice.

First the state has to be in control of the border, which they are not.

But for democrats to pay hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars to fly them over an ocean to get here to try and turn a red area in Ohio blue?

Wow. Just wow.

1727099034107.png

Where is the governor hiding?

Now that I think about it, without the border secure, how can voters decide who should come and go from their own country? You can't. You have zero control. You have zero voice.

First the state has to be in control of the border, which they are not.

But for democrats to pay hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars to fly them over an ocean to get here to try and turn a red area in Ohio blue?

Wow. Just wow.
It's freaking TREASON!!!!!!
:evil:

No idea. I doubt they came by plane. Many people go to jobs without flying to them.

Springfield was a dying town and wanted immigrants to grow the city again.

They were invited and they came. How is this so difficult for you to understand?

They were invited?

By whom? The voters, or the political elites?

Again, who paid when we know these people are all dirt poor?

Forum List

Back