Voter ID and driver's license office closures black-out Alabama's Black Belt

The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency's website says their office at the Clarke County Courthouse is still open, but soon a lot of others nearby won't be. On Wednesday, the agency announced that it would close 31 offices throughout the state, leaving 29 counties without a place where 16-year-olds can take a driver's test, whether they pass on the first try or not.

That's an inconvenience.

But there's something bigger happening here.

In 2011, Alabama lawmakers approved the state's voter ID law, making it illegal to vote in Alabama without a government-issued photo ID.

For most folks, that's a driver's license.

are you really shocked?
You are reacting to an opinion piece. One which is replete with conspiratorial hype and short on facts.
The first indicator is the use of the "black belt".....Umm, the sites are scattered throughout the state. Mobile, and Birmingham heavily black are untouched.
so those offices aren't being closed?
Certain offices aren't issuing driver's licenses.
They are otherwise open.

which is....

the document you need for voter ID.

so like I said.
No...Anyone may obtain an official State ID...Free of charge in states where voter ID is the law....
Looks like you're out of excuses.

I have to drive over twenty miles to get to my nearest DL office and I live in the 4th largest city in the country.
I see at least 3 DMV's in Houston on Google Maps. :)

So?
4th largest city in Merka.

I believe I already said that...without the misspelling of course.
It's three more DMVs than there are in 29 counties in Alabama combined.

I have to drive over twenty miles to get to my nearest DL office and I live in the 4th largest city in the country.

So?

It's three more DMVs than there are in the counties affected in Alabama.

So how many people does it effect and how far do they have to drive?

I bet they show an ID to get government benefits....and pretty much everything else in life.
Then why all this fuss about voter ID? Don't you ever think anything through before the diarrhea drips from your piehole?

This will never survive the first lawsuit. Any Federal court in the country will throw it out.

Unless they close the same proportion of DMV’S in WHITE areas and HISPANIC areas it is blatant discrimination.

========

The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency's website says their office at the Clarke County Courthouse is still open, but soon a lot of others nearby won't be. On Wednesday, the agency announced that it would close 31 offices throughout the state, leaving 29 counties without a place where 16-year-olds can take a driver's test, whether they pass on the first try or not.

That's an inconvenience.

In 2011, Alabama lawmakers approved the state's voter ID law, making it illegal to vote in Alabama without a government-issued photo ID.

Please. stop the nonsense.
Once again, the stations are scattered throughout the state. And those in urban areas where blacks are concentrated, are untouched.
Looks like you swallowed the hype. Here's some seasonings.

So?

It's three more DMVs than there are in the counties affected in Alabama.

So how many people does it effect and how far do they have to drive?
See post 89.

That's an inconvenience.

are you really shocked?
You are reacting to an opinion piece. One which is replete with conspiratorial hype and short on facts.
The first indicator is the use of the "black belt".....Umm, the sites are scattered throughout the state. Mobile, and Birmingham heavily black are untouched.
They are otherwise open.

which is....

so like I said.
Again. those in the areas with the highest concentration of black residents are untouched. Nothing to see here.

are you really shocked?
They are otherwise open.

which is....

so like I said.
Again. those in the areas with the highest concentration of black residents are untouched. Nothing to see here.
Prove it? Oh wait, you can't.

I bet they show an ID to get government benefits....and pretty much everything else in life.
Then why all this fuss about voter ID? Don't you ever think anything through before the diarrhea drips from your piehole?

Yo, you left loons are the ones bawling about showing ID. Are you always this fucking stupid? I'm serious, are you like really dumb or is it an act?

What happens when the government goes paperless?

Uh, they'll use less paper.
Then the blacks will need an I'd to get a bank account to receive their welfare checks. So if they need an id to do their part for global warming, you don't care?

the majority of people on welfare are white single mothers....

who are probably as bigoted as you are.
So what? The complaining is not limited to one race or whatever.
Color is not an issue here.
Stop making this about race.
The stupid opinion piece the OP decided to use as a basis for the thread made this all about race.
You are so lazy. You sit on your fat ass waiting for your first opportunity to use "racist" or "bigot"...Guess what....Nobody cares.

Did you just do a Triple Lundy and blame JILLIAN for making this about race after you quoted the person above saying "Then the blacks will need an I'd to get a bank account to receive their welfare checks."

Thats high level bro
I was referring to the article on which this thread is based.
That wasn't close to "nice try"....

What happens when the government goes paperless?

Uh, they'll use less paper.
Then the blacks will need an I'd to get a bank account to receive their welfare checks. So if they need an id to do their part for global warming, you don't care?

the majority of people on welfare are white single mothers....

who are probably as bigoted as you are.
So what? The complaining is not limited to one race or whatever.
Color is not an issue here.
Stop making this about race.
The stupid opinion piece the OP decided to use as a basis for the thread made this all about race.
You are so lazy. You sit on your fat ass waiting for your first opportunity to use "racist" or "bigot"...Guess what....Nobody cares.

Did you just do a Triple Lundy and blame JILLIAN for making this about race after you quoted the person above saying "Then the blacks will need an I'd to get a bank account to receive their welfare checks."

Thats high level bro
I never mentioned blacks and welfare checks. You responded to the incorrect poster.

Topic DMV offices are closing:

The rights solution: People can drive! If people want something they find ways to get that something! My drive to the DMV is lovely, why arent theirs? You need ID's for stuff! STUFF!
No...That is EVERYONE'S solution.
This is nothing but more complaining from the political Left

*psst* those arent even solutions to the topic which is right above the "solutions"
yes. it IS the only solution....If its that urgent, they find a way.

That doesnt solve the problem of the DMV's closing. See, if this was math I would check this by going in reverse. If more people drive to the DMV does that mean more offices will stop closing?

Answer: No, because one has nothing to do with the other. You dont have to play this dumb, you're better than this
Once again...if the issue holds importance, they will find a way to get it done.
Now which part of that do you not understand.

That's an inconvenience.

are you really shocked?

Which part of 'untouched' did you not understand?

They are otherwise open.

which is....

so like I said.
If he cant prove that then by the same standards you cant prove the demographics of the areas that the DMVs shut down.

They are otherwise open.

which is....

so like I said.
moron.....look at the fucking map. Mobile and Birmingham untouched. As are the suburbs surrounding said cities....

Yo, you left loons are the ones bawling about showing ID. Are you always this fucking stupid? I'm serious, are you like really dumb or is it an act?
I don't think its an act. Too many indicators to show they really are this dumb.

They are too stupid to make it an "act".

That's an inconvenience.

Again, conservatives have figured out they can't win elections in America by letting people vote. So they started this nationwide campaign of taking over local and state government and implementing voter suppression laws.

Conservatives have given up on American democracy and are only left with cheating. All this same crap they did 50 years ago, which everyone thought was dealt with and squashed back then, has reared its ugly head again.

Time to get back to squashing.
Oh please.....

Topic DMV offices are closing:

The rights solution: People can drive! If people want something they find ways to get that something! My drive to the DMV is lovely, why arent theirs? You need ID's for stuff! STUFF!
No...That is EVERYONE'S solution.
This is nothing but more complaining from the political Left

*psst* those arent even solutions to the topic which is right above the "solutions"
yes. it IS the only solution....If its that urgent, they find a way.

That doesnt solve the problem of the DMV's closing. See, if this was math I would check this by going in reverse. If more people drive to the DMV does that mean more offices will stop closing?

Answer: No, because one has nothing to do with the other. You dont have to play this dumb, you're better than this
Once again...if the issue holds importance, they will find a way to get it done.
Now which part of that do you not understand.

Is there someone somewhere that you believe doesnt agree with "If you want it you'll find a way"?

Forum List

Back