Voter ID

The so-called "conservatives" are endlessly amusing in their regular jettisoning of "cherished values" when they become inconvenient.

Just a few years ago these same so-called "conservatives" railed against the idea of National ID cards, saying it would let the Evil Gummint keep a database, and other typically paranoid nonsense.

quote-surely-if-we-can-land-a-spaceship-on-mars-we-can-certainly-put-a-voter-id-card-in-the-andrew-young-32-33-54.jpg

If dems can cheat in the tens of millions column, why would they support a voter ID?

Why are you quoting an obvious racist?

The so-called "conservatives" are endlessly amusing in their regular jettisoning of "cherished values" when they become inconvenient.

Just a few years ago these same so-called "conservatives" railed against the idea of National ID cards, saying it would let the Evil Gummint keep a database, and other typically paranoid nonsense.
I don't recall that. But then, I wasn't here for quite a long time. So... Were you FOR it a couple years ago?

I don't recall that. But then, I wasn't here for quite a long time. So... Were you FOR it a couple years ago?
I've always been for it and thought it could help in many situations. But I'm a Liberal who isn't paranoid about the evil gummint.

You have dopes like this clown against it. From 2012:

PAUL: Blocking the pathway to a national ID - Washington Times

"I am against the idea that American citizens should be forced to carry around a National Identification Card as a condition of citizenship. I worry that the Senate is working to consider a series of little-noticed provisions in comprehensive immigration reform that may provide a pathway to a national ID card for all individuals present in the United States — citizens and noncitizens. These draconian ideas would simply give government too much power."

---Rand Paul

Heritage Foundation, From 1990!

A National Identity Card: Inching Toward Big Brother

(Archived document, may contain errors)

771 May29,1990 3 congress made a serious mistake in the 1986 immigration reform and now apparently is attempting to compound it. If they have their way, some Democrats and Republicans will be inching the nation closer toward Big Brother by requiring that every American have a national identification card or work permit -issued by a federal bureaucracy.

If the GOP doesn't crack down on voter fraud we will have a war in this nation that will make the civil war look like a picnic....
I'm surprised that a war over voter ID requirements hasn't started any shooting...oh, wait. Congressman Steve Scalise and republican leader was shot 3 times by a Bernie Sander's employee/volunteer who had Scalise at the top of his kill list the day of the shooting at the Republican Congress's ball game practice, in which all the Republicans on his list were supposed to be at the practice.

Innocent men elected by the people of their states deserve better treatment than being targets of Democrats like Maxine Waters who directed her followers to stalk and "get in the faces" of Executive branch Republican staffers, and prominent Republicans including President Trump. She has no business being in Congress for that, and neither does Nancy Pelosi, who conducted secret meetings for Congressional Democrat chairpersons to Impeach President Trump, and they beat themselves up doing just that for four years straight, and Biden hasn't either with his destructive policies that have brought 15 thousand parentless children to cramped quarters and unparalleled abuse by coyotes and child traffickers who bought these children from their parents.

I've always been for it and thought it could help in many situations. But I'm a Liberal who isn't paranoid about the evil gummint.
Just a suggestion... Take the win then. You now have more support than ever to contact or put pressure on the government to do something you believe needs, or should be, done.

quote-surely-if-we-can-land-a-spaceship-on-mars-we-can-certainly-put-a-voter-id-card-in-the-andrew-young-32-33-54.jpg

If dems can cheat in the tens of millions column, why would they support a voter ID?
Who knew that seizing power in America would ever be so simple? All you have to do is steal an election in plain sight then mock and ridicule those who want the "irregularities" investigated. It's kind of surreal, actually. If the Left codifies this scheme with HR1, we will have had our last trustworthy election and since the vote is the very LAST tie between members of this diverse nation, I see the country finally dissolving by way of secession or armed conflict. I prefer secession. The movement is already underway and those on the Left were nice enough to set a modern precedent for "acceptable nullification" of federal law. They chose to ignore federal immigration statutes and when they inevitably try to gut 2A, they'll see "sanctuaries" across the length and breadth of America. Fair is fair, eh?

Who knew that seizing power in America would ever be so simple? All you have to do is steal an election in plain sight then mock and ridicule those who want the "irregularities" investigated. It's kind of surreal, actually. If the Left codifies this scheme with HR1, we will have had our last trustworthy election and since the vote is the very LAST tie between members of this diverse nation, I see the country finally dissolving by way of secession or armed conflict. I prefer secession. The movement is already underway and those on the Left were nice enough to set a modern precedent for "acceptable nullification" of federal law. They chose to ignore federal immigration statutes and when they inevitably try to gut 2A, they'll see "sanctuaries" across the length and breadth of America. Fair is fair, eh?
Fine by me. I hope we don't get to that point but with the way the left wing loons are going it might happen. Just take a look on this board.

Just like some on the left

You a fan of the Bill Gates ID chip?

So the US government should issue, free of charge, national ID cards to every American?
Basically my state ID has become that with the new enhanced ID system required by all Americans who wish to fly.
The cards must denote citizenship and identity and contain technology and security features approved by the secretary of the United States Department of Homeland Security.
DVS Home -

No reason at all to not have voter ID.

Forum List

Back