BREAKING: Trump's July 11th sentencing likely to be delayed indefinitely

more like qualified immunity cops have??

they can shoot and kill an innocent person and not face charges,,
That is carried too far, too often also. Majarity are good guy, but some are just no good, and even supposed good ones can get carried away, in the moment or simply do stupid reckless crap. Qualified immunity is a slippery slope, that has been abused.

That is carried too far, too often also. Majarity are good guy, but some are just no good, and even supposed good ones can get carried away, in the moment or simply do stupid reckless crap. Qualified immunity is a slippery slope, that has been abused.
whether its carried to far or not isnt the issue,,

fact remains just like all those others with immunity POTUS is just another one of them,,

so stop all the belly aching, cause we are tired of making fun of you for being such a fucking idiot,,

Thank you for your opinion.

Can you explain why they are not related?
the present Diplomatic Relations Act (22 U.S.C. 254) was passed into law by Congress. There was never a law passed by congress or set down in the Constitution of the United States.

The Two concepts are totally unrelated.

whether its carried to far or not isnt the issue,,

fact remains just like all those others with immunity POTUS is just another one of them,,

so stop all the belly aching, cause we are tired of making fun of you for being such a fucking idiot,,
I have no problem with immunity on official acts, only with the way they wrote the decision and failed to properly define official acts, so it will be back in court, and soon. Trump will try to argue, trying to overthrow the election was official acts, but no, it was campaign criminal acts trying to falsely retain the office, and the attempting to retain documents after out of office was not official acts either, but simply further criminal acts against the United States.

I have no problem with immunity on official acts, only with the way they wrote the decision and failed to properly define official acts, so it will be back in court, and soon. Trump will try to argue, trying to overthrow the election was official acts, but no, it was campaign criminal acts trying to falsely retain the office, and the attempting to retain documents after out of office was not official acts either, but simply further criminal acts against the United States.
its not their place to define official acts,,

the list is so long and complex they would be deliberating for centuries,,

thats what congress and checks and balances are for,,

what gets me is after centuries of presidents doing far worse than paying off a hooker and taking documents home you cock suckers what to start with trump,,

I mean really,, hookers and documents??
obama murdered an american in cold blood,,

its not their place to define official acts,,

the list is so long and complex they would be deliberating for centuries,,

thats what congress and checks and balances are for,,

what gets me is after centuries of presidents doing far worse than paying off a hooker and taking documents home you cock suckers what to start with trump,,

I mean really,, hookers and documents??
obama murdered an american in cold blood,,
He is simply a sleaz for paying hush money to his whores. He broke New York Law, running it through his business. Taking documents by mistake can happen. Trying to steal them and keep them after being found to have them is a criminal act.

So, you are good with him being a criminal, either because he is some kind of hero to you, or maybe you are a criminal, and think other criminal should not be prosecuted. The Republicans used to be the law and order party, back as late as Nixon and Agnew, but no more. Now, Republicans are the criminal in high office supporting party.

He is simply a sleaz for paying hush money to his whores. He broke New York Law, running it through his business. Taking documents by mistake can happen. Trying to steal them and keep them after being found to have them is a criminal act.

So, you are good with him being a criminal, either because he is some kind of hero to you, or maybe you are a criminal, and think other criminal should not be prosecuted. The Republicans used to be the law and order party, back as late as Nixon and Agnew, but no more. Now, Republicans are the criminal in high office supporting party.
get the fuck over it already,,,

you whine like a 12 yr old girl,,

Like abortion on demand?
Yes, only it will not last as long. Most Republicans (at least the ones I know and run around with) are normal law abiding people and would never support this crap if it wasn't for their political party. Many now put political party before country, or law.

It was unlikely left out of the constitution, as The President was not supposed to be above the law. This is a new ruling from the Supremes with no basis in The Constitution, created whole cloth. The Supremes going completely of the reservation, creating law from the bench.
The President isn't above the law, White. He can still be impeached. What this does is prevent partisan DA's and AG's like Tish James, Alvin Bragg, Fani Willis and Jack Smith from bringing lawfare cases to trial to tie a President up in court. We have separation of powers in the US. The Supreme Court's ruling was completely in accordance with that concept.

The President isn't above the law, White. He can still be impeached. What this does is prevent partisan DA's and AG's like Tish James, Alvin Bragg, Fani Willis and Jack Smith from bringing lawfare cases to trial to tie a President up in court. We have separation of powers in the US. The Supreme Court's ruling was completely in accordance with that concept.
Impeachment is not about law, Man. There is no punishment, simply firing him and barring from office, which is a political thing, carried out by politicians.

Yes, only it will not last as long. Most Republicans (at least the ones I know and run around with) are normal law abiding people and would never support this crap if it wasn't for their political party. Many now put political party before country, or law.
Your hypocrisy.....lol

Keep the faith!
Nothing is set in stone anymore now that the Scotus has rightfully restored the absolute power of a president.

How could this have been left unattended to for over 350 years?

Committing crimes are not core official actions of a president.

It has nothing to do with presidential actions. Sentencing should go forth.

This is a mod of a place called "United States Message Board". This person advocating using lawfare to go after political enemies.

Just when I begin to get a glimmer of hope, it gets snuffed again

It hurts me to type such obvious things. Some laws are very, very bad. Just because something is a "law" doesn't make it good. Think drugs. Some drugs can save your life, and some can kill you.

Help, have we all lost our minds? What is even going on here.

This is a mod of a place called "United States Message Board". This person advocating using lawfare to go after political enemies.

White is a moderator but he's also got a good case of Trump Derangement going on. I don't think he's really thought this through. He knows he loathes Trump and he thinks this lawfare is going to hurt Trump so he's in favor of it. The problem is if you let partisan DA's and AG's bring lawsuits against a President it prevents them from doing their job. When you bring lawfare suits against someone running for office for political reasons then you're committing election interference. If you really are concerned about "Democracy" then both of those things are extremely dangerous to democracy!

I think after this past week and today, it may be necessary to collect belts and shoelaces from the lefties.

LOL

New York District Attorney Alvin Bragg and his prosecution team have agreed to delay scheduled sentencing for former President Donald Trump on July 11 after the Supreme Court ruled Monday U.S. presidents have immunity for "official acts.” On Monday night Trump’s legal team filed a letter with Judge Juan Merchan to have 34 convictions in the case tossed out, citing the Supreme Court’s opinion.

"Although the Manhattan case does not center on Mr. Trump’s presidency or official acts — but rather personal activity during his campaign — his lawyers argued on Monday that prosecutors had built their case partly on evidence from his time in the White House,” the New York Times reports. “And under the Supreme Court’s new ruling, prosecutors not only cannot charge a president for any official acts, but also cannot cite evidence involving official acts to bolster other accusations."

How can he claim "official acts"? Running for president is NOT an official act. He didn't do any of this whilst he was President.

Mods are allowed to have opinions. Even when they're wrong.

SCOTUS stated that they did not define what an official act was because they were not given time to deal with this. The DOJ demanded that they hurry up and decide, so they did. Rush decisions may not be great ones but when you want a decision, a rush decision is better than none.

Forum List

Back