Wait Now Fauci Says Expected US Deaths are Down to 60K? That's a Bad Flu Season

munkle

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2012
I can see being off by 25% given the large amount of data and modeling we already have, but an order of magnitude from the hundreds of thousands, even millions they were talking about? And I thought the social distancing was already baked in.

Scaring the bejeezuz out of everyone and sending the economy into a death spiral? Every day still panic screaming from the headlines, just what is going on here?

Last edited:
I can see being off by 25% given the large amount of data and modeling we already have, but an order of magnitude from the hundreds of thousands, even millions they were talking about? And I thought the social distancing was already baked in.

Scaring the bejeezuz out of everyone and sending the economy into a death spiral? Every day still panic screaming from the headlines, just what is going on here?

dont know .....but a friend of mine in good health and only 50yrs old got the virus and was sick for nearly 3 weeks....even though [thank goodness] he wasnt hospitalized he went through a tough time ! he was having severe headaches ,ran a fever, and was exhausted and was short of breath for days ....he said he has never been that sick from anything in his life including the regular flu .this virus is real ...like many i had my doubts but hearing him talk about it was sobering. and believe me when i say this and i really hate to say it this virus is the real deal ... if it weren't for the shut down [which i hate and its really hurting the economy] millions would be infected ! this virus is extremely contagious ! just look at all the medical personel getting sick ! now if 20% is the number of people that have to be hospitalized imagine if 60 million people got sick like they did from h1n1 [a less contagious less deadly disease] ..... right now the death rate of known cases is around 2% .....20% of 60 million in the hospitals ....thats over 10 million hospitalizations ! that rate would overload the health care system and a much higher rate of death would happen because it would not be possible to properly treat that number ! millions would die ! nah man this i no hoax...what china unleashed on the world has the potential to be earth shattering !

Last edited:
If it's 60,000, then we should start planning to go back to work except for places like New York City and New Jersey who have the European COVID-19. I saw a chart where comparing the number of deaths by COVID-19 for March 2020 vs total of deaths for the month. It's a small portion. However, we can't contain the spread except via quarantine and sanitation, so I don't know what would happen if lockdown was lifted now. We may still have to wait until we are sure the apex has passed. It still seems to be rising.

This fails as a false comparison fallacy – ignorant, dangerous, and wrong.

Talk about false. The mortality rate is far under 2-3% as your article says, now getting closer to .5% and going down. The reason is no one knows how many people are already immune without symptoms or mild symptoms. New Oxford study suggests millions of people may have already built up coronavirus immunity

Of course the death rate is going to be high if you aren't random testing and only testing people who are already sick. Why does the media never explain this when they scare the hell out of people with "20 times deadlier than the flu!"

Part of the problem is enough testing can't be done. Doing the type of testing numbers that were forcase such as 10,000 per day would allow us to know when we could lift the lockdown. However, since testing has been too slow we have to guess on when that is. It may mean in some places lockdown will be lifted too early.

Yep!

The reason is no one knows how many people are already immune without symptoms or mild symptoms. New Oxford study suggests millions of people may have already built up coronavirus immunity
Everybody needs to keep this on hand to slap a leftist with every time they become afflicted with coronavirus Madness
It’s akin to pollen which everyone gets exposed to and very few do very poorly with
I suspect it had blown thru before we knew it and since everybody that dies now is Corona then everyone has had it.

What is going to happen when 300 million people have $1200 put in their hands? Think the grocery shelves are bare now?

Don't worry if 300 million people each have $1200, then they'll be able to get things they want unless a big majority want the same thing such as tp.

What if it was intentional?

dont know .....but a friend of mine in good health and only 50yrs old got the virus and was sick for nearly 3 weeks....even though [thank goodness] he wasnt hospitalized he went through a tough time ! he was having severe headaches ,ran a fever, and was exhausted and was short of breath for days ....he said he has never been that sick from anything in his life including the regular flu .this virus is real ...like many i had my doubts but hearing him talk about it was sobering. and believe me when i say this and i really hate to say it this virus is the real deal ... if it weren't for the shut down [which i hate and its really hurting the economy] millions would be infected ! this virus is extremely contagious ! just look at all the medical personel getting sick ! now if 20% is the number of people that have to be hospitalized imagine if 60 million people got sick like they did from h1n1 [a less contagious less deadly disease] ..... right now the death rate of known cases is around 2% .....20% of 60 million in the hospitals ....thats over 10 million hospitalizations ! that rate would overload the health care system and a much higher rate of death would happen because it would not be possible to properly treat that number ! millions would die ! nah man this i no hoax...what china unleashed on the world has the potential to be earth shattering !

The most insidious aspect of Wuhan Flu is that it drops blood oxygen levels to levels where human life should cease. Normal levels are 95+, patients are testing in the 60s and 70s. Literally the Walking Dead

Was this true or fake?

8E0E41B4-E763-476E-BFBB-C2C87434434E.jpeg

“Never let a good crisis go to waste”

Last edited:

The most insidious aspect of Wuhan Flu is that it drops blood oxygen levels to levels where human life should cease. Normal levels are 95+, patients are testing in the 60s and 70s. Literally the Walking Dead

"Informative!"

Forum List

Back