Wall Street Journal: White House building case to fire Rosenstein

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
Trump does not act like an innocent man.

The White House is building a case to fire Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, according to a report in The Wall Street Journal that said allies are being told to attack Rosenstein on television.

The idea is to launch attacks on Rosenstein, the Justice Department official overseeing special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian election meddling, in a way that avoids making it appear that Trump is meddling in the probe.

i-recommended-in-a-letter-for-trump-to-fire-comey-32221636.png

Trump does not act like an innocent man.

The White House is building a case to fire Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, according to a report in The Wall Street Journal that said allies are being told to attack Rosenstein on television.

The idea is to launch attacks on Rosenstein, the Justice Department official overseeing special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian election meddling, in a way that avoids making it appear that Trump is meddling in the probe.
Rosenstein is one of the "bad cops," just like Comey and Mueller. They need to be jailed, not fired.

Rush has an interesting theory...given the lack of evidence for their charges the media and left are trying to goad Trump onto firings. That way they never have to admit the investigation was a dead end and can blame being fired for lack of results.
I was skeptical until this latest raid on the lawyers office. It does indeed look like they are trying to push the line aggressively enough to get shut down.
It is their last desperate ploy.

Rush has an interesting theory...given the lack of evidence for their charges the media and left are trying to goad Trump onto firings. That way they never have to admit the investigation was a dead end and can blame being fired for lack of results.
I was skeptical until this latest raid on the lawyers office. It does indeed look like they are trying to push the line aggressively enough to get shut down.
It is their last desperate ploy.

It' OK to fire Rosenstein for cause. Just keep Mueller.

Whomever replaces Rosenstein just puts Mueller back on track. Charges for
Collusion or Obstruction...or end the investigation.

Obviously there being no evidence of collusion is no reason to shut it down. There are always process crimes to prosecute. This will go on decades if it isn’t ended.
I think Trump should fire the lot. This is a political decision and he could weather it.
I’m just saying how they hope to spin it.

I thought Sessions was the AG? Oh wait, he neglected to tell Trump he planned to recuse himself from his job and allow the swamp to go on a witch hunt trying to derail his presidency.

Forum List

Back