Walmart firing workers on strike illegal says judge

Awesome! I can't wait to see the mistreated workers of wal mart unionized. Wal Mart collapses OK more mom and pop stores survive and flourish and more open up. If they learn their place and let the workers unionize and pay legit wages and benefits GREAT! Oh and no I don't care about paying a little extra.If they can afford MILLION dollar salaries for CEO's they can afford higher wages per hour for workers.

This is not what the states agreed to when they established their compact. Per Madison, in Federalist 45:

The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government, are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation, and foreign commerce; with which last the power of taxation will, for the most part, be connected. The powers reserved to the several States will extend to all the objects which, in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State. [emphasis added]

It isn't the federal government's job to set terms of employment for the people of the several states. No such power is enumeratd in article I, section 8 of the constitution, which lists congress' legislative powers.

You know what you call the federalist papers isn't the constitution and they have on effect either way on our laws......right?

Horse piece sorry. This means some people accept others being exploited. Sorry that is not my america.

You know what you call the federalist papers isn't the constitution and they have on effect either way on our laws......right?

Obviously. It simply reflects what the states were thinking when they created their creature, the federal government.

The constitution lists no power granted by the states to its federal government to interfere in the hiring practices of the people of the several states.

Obviously. It simply reflects what the states were thinking when they created their creature, the federal government.

The constitution lists no power granted by the states to its federal government to interfere in the hiring practices of the people of the several states.

That's nice. You want a cookie?

Awesome! I can't wait to see the mistreated workers of wal mart unionized. Wal Mart collapses OK more mom and pop stores survive and flourish and more open up. If they learn their place and let the workers unionize and pay legit wages and benefits GREAT! Oh and no I don't care about paying a little extra.If they can afford MILLION dollar salaries for CEO's they can afford higher wages per hour for workers.

This is not what the states agreed to when they established their compact. Per Madison, in Federalist 45:

The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government, are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation, and foreign commerce; with which last the power of taxation will, for the most part, be connected. The powers reserved to the several States will extend to all the objects which, in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State. [emphasis added]

It isn't the federal government's job to set terms of employment for the people of the several states. No such power is enumeratd in article I, section 8 of the constitution, which lists congress' legislative powers.
We are slaves to a piece of paper written 220 years ago?

Where have you been? The Constitution is a living document that has been part of case law for 220 years. If you went into court and tried to defend your ignorant beliefs based on the original statements made by some people who have been dead for 200 years the Judge would laugh at you and ask about all the other intentions of all the other founders of each generation of Americans who take over the country when the previous Generation dies.

You think I'm a slave to some old dead people? Bugger off.

They give a deeper understanding of the Constitution though, so it is worthwhile if not imperative to read them.

Where have you been? The Constitution is a living document that has been part of case law for 220 years. If you went into court and tried to defend your ignorant beliefs based on the original statements made by some people who have been dead for 200 years the Judge would laugh at you and ask about all the other intentions of all the other founders of each generation of Americans who take over the country when the previous Generation dies.

We are not slaves to a piece of paper but to a runaway government what was tinkering with the Constitution to enslave us.
You seem to be quite boastful over there, don't you?

We are not slaves to a piece of paper but to a runaway government what was tinkering with the Constitution to enslave us.
You seem to be quite boastful over there, don't you?

We are not slaves to a runaway government, we elect this government and therefore they are the will of the people.

Sorry that your views are in the minority and you feel trampled upon. But I suggest you give up running-water, streets, and sewers, electricity and etc. if you don't want to participate.

Yes, the states, and their creation, the federal government, must abide by the agreement they made. If you think the agreement needs to be changed, the agreement contains an amendment procedure.

When the states formed their compact, they included a clause that says that their constitution and laws made in accordance to it are the supreme law of the land.

You, like the rest of us, are a slave to the supreme law of the land.

Forum List

Back