🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

War against Isis: US strategy in tatters as militants march on

Kosh -

Great. So you do actually understand that not only have a very large number of Muslim groups and governments condemned ISIS, but a significant number of those groups and governments are actively fighting against ISIS.

I do realise that it is incredibly difficult for people who have spent years thinking Islam = Evil to understand that the Islamic world is an incredibly fractured and varied swathe of land with dozens of different groups and clans and beliefs and ethnicities, but in reality the Middle East has never been the uniform, homogenous mass that many Americans believe it to be.

Kosh -

Great. So you do actually understand that not only have a very large number of Muslim groups and governments condemned ISIS, but a significant number of those groups and governments are actively fighting against ISIS.

I do realise that it is incredibly difficult for people who have spent years thinking Islam = Evil to understand that the Islamic world is an incredibly fractured and varied swathe of land with dozens of different groups and clans and beliefs and ethnicities, but in reality the Middle East has never been the uniform, homogenous mass that many Americans believe it to be.

So four governments is very large?

Again they have not condemned ISIS as a group that that they want to say that ISIs does not represent Islam. Big deal already knew this. Did they condemn the beheadings? Yes, but the did the same thing with the other extremists groups. It is one thing to sit on a computer and condemn something based on programmed responses, it is another to actually do something about it.

Just like many of the Arab nations did not like Saddam, but he was their Arab brother.

It is one thing to say you condemn something it is another to prove it.

Having spent many years in the Middle East I know the difference, not based on some far left hack site (American or Europe) to tell me the difference. I know that ISIS does not represent Islam/Muslims as whole and you posts are getting more and more vile towards America. Interesting, the far left hates America (even those that live here).

Thanks to Obama, we have this. Gee, wonder where ISIS got COLT M-16's?

-Geaux

ISIS fighters move in a convoy in Salahaddin province:

ISIS fighters open fire from a pickup truck as dismounted troops assault a base:

ISIS fighters travel in a captured Iraqi police pickup truck:

A captured American-made Iraqi Army Humvee:

Two ISIS fighters pose with captured military vehicles:

Two ISIS fighters pose over the body of a dead Iraqi soldier:

Iraqi soldiers are herded to a truck to be transported to their execution:

Iraqi soldiers are transported to the execution site:

ISIS fighter opens fire on Iraqi prisoners as they lie in a shallow ditch:

An ISIS fighter holds a US M-16 rifle as captured Iraqi soldiers lie face down on the ground:

An Iraqi soldier wore civilian clothes over his uniform in an attempt to disguise himself:

ISIS fighters form a line and execute the captured Iraqi soldiers:

Obama better get t tee time in for today because the box score doesn't look to pretty for him. I mean, he has heads literally being rolled in Iraq and Syria, to an Ebola epidemic coming to America. Obama is a one piece wrecking crew

-Geaux

Maybe Obama can read about this during a storm break on the links

-Geaux

America's plans to fight Islamic State are in ruins as the militant group's fighters come close to capturing Kobani and have inflicted a heavy defeat on the Iraqi army west of Baghdad.

The US-led air attacks launched against Islamic State (also known as Isis) on 8 August in Iraq and 23 September in Syria have not worked. President Obama's plan to "degrade and destroy" Islamic State has not even begun to achieve success. In both Syria and Iraq, Isis is expanding its control rather than contracting.

War against Isis US strategy in tatters as militants march on - Middle East - World - The Independent

Didn't most Republicans support the current 'strategy'?

Thanks to Obama, we have this. Gee, wonder where ISIS got COLT M-16's?

-Geaux

ISIS fighters move in a convoy in Salahaddin province:

ISIS fighters open fire from a pickup truck as dismounted troops assault a base:

ISIS fighters travel in a captured Iraqi police pickup truck:

A captured American-made Iraqi Army Humvee:

Two ISIS fighters pose with captured military vehicles:

Two ISIS fighters pose over the body of a dead Iraqi soldier:

Iraqi soldiers are herded to a truck to be transported to their execution:

Iraqi soldiers are transported to the execution site:

ISIS fighter opens fire on Iraqi prisoners as they lie in a shallow ditch:

An ISIS fighter holds a US M-16 rifle as captured Iraqi soldiers lie face down on the ground:

An Iraqi soldier wore civilian clothes over his uniform in an attempt to disguise himself:

ISIS fighters form a line and execute the captured Iraqi soldiers:

Those kind of killings have been going on in the various conflicts around Africa for half a century or more. I don't remember you people blaming any past presidents for not throwing American blood and treasure at them.

-Geaux

America's plans to fight Islamic State are in ruins as the militant group's fighters come close to capturing Kobani and have inflicted a heavy defeat on the Iraqi army west of Baghdad.

The US-led air attacks launched against Islamic State (also known as Isis) on 8 August in Iraq and 23 September in Syria have not worked. President Obama's plan to "degrade and destroy" Islamic State has not even begun to achieve success. In both Syria and Iraq, Isis is expanding its control rather than contracting.

War against Isis US strategy in tatters as militants march on - Middle East - World - The Independent

Are the far left propaganda sites saying that?

Geaux -

What country has got it right with ISIS?

Which government do you think have the best policies in place for dealing with ISIS?

Because it seems to me that no one saw this coming, and no one has been able to work out the best strategy to deal with them thus far. It seems to me that everyone is trying to figure this out, but thus far it is a work in progress, both in Ankara and Washington, in London, Brussels and Berlin.

China has the Middle East right. They stay the fuck out of it.

We have been propagandized for decades now with the biggest of big lies that for some reason we have to meddle in ME affairs for the sake of our own vital interests.

Isn't it curious that MOST nations of the world do NOT have to meddle in ME affairs to survive?

-Geaux

Are the far left propaganda sites saying that?

Can you name the Republicans who do not support air strikes against ISIS?

Another failure of the Obama Administration. Won't the lefties here ever admit his failures??

The only damn thing we have accomplished is effectively sticking our finger in the hornets nest.

Reminds me of Clinton bombing a few camels & tents.

Wag the fucking dog all day long

isil released another video

showing a huge training camp in the middle or the desert

one would think that the government should be albe to and target

these camps

but they would rather target abandoned buildings

Whether obola's middle east policy is in tatters depends on the way you look at it. Isis is marching on in Syria and Iraq. The airstrikes have not degraded or destroyed anything. To them, obola's policy is working just fine.

Just as long as Obama doesn't get to arm Illegals to fight and join the Army. Why? Here are the reasons:

Another failure of the Obama Administration. Won't the lefties here ever admit his failures??

There is no failure by the Obama administration. The air power, which is not the US's alone, is meant to support the ground forces of Iraq. They won't fight. It's not Obama's fault they won't fight.

Let's remind everyone that Rabbi wholeheartedly supported the total withdrawal of American forces from Iraq when he thought he could give Bush the credit for it.

There is no failure by the Obama administration. The air power, which is not the US's alone, is meant to support the ground forces of Iraq. They won't fight. It's not Obama's fault they won't fight.
OK so the answer to my question is "never." Just what I thought.
Did Obolo not realize the Iraqi forces were unsufficient to defeat ISIS on the ground? Whose fault was that?

Forum List

Back