War with Russia....

For me I see the Russian people and American people as being very similar. They are both very patriotic. Even CNN showed that a poll said 85% of Russian support Vladimir Putin and the war effort. And CNN said it was a poll that we could trust.

We also have corruption issues in Ukraine. Wikipedia says Ukraine is one of the most corrupt countries in the world. We have okigarch issues in both Ukraine and Russia.
Fwiw, consider the possibility that Russians, Americans, French, Poles, and virtually all other western people are being played into "choosing" between two sides of the same exact coin; their respective oligarchs like Trump, for example, or the neo-liberal political hacks (like Clinton and Biden) whose economic policies create the oligarch's fortunes.

Solutions are difficult to come by; however, you might ask yourself what would you be thinking and feeling if you woke one morning after a general or midterm election to the news that a majority of incumbents in the US Congress who were running for reelection had been FLUSHED from DC in a single news cycle?

The medium we are communicating with at this moment makes such a radical change possible (if not desirable), and regardless of all the devils, details and redwood-sized weeds, such an event would be an existential reminder to the Rich of why they fear Democracy.

EU authoritarianism: Two sides of the same coin - DiEM25 Coordinating Collective

Last edited:
Elected democrats are saying we... The USA is at war with Russia.... Is that what they want?.... Where are the anti war anti nuke liberals?....

Elected democrats are saying we... The USA is at war with Russia.... Is that what they want?.... Where are the anti war anti nuke liberals?....
Stuck in 2016?

MAY 13, 2022

$40 Billion War Fever Grips Congress as U.S. Escalates Ukraine War

"The House of Representatives May 10 approved $40 billion of aid to Ukraine 368-57.

"All Democratic representatives voted yes.

"Previously antiwar Democrats like Reps. Ayanna Pressley, Jim McGovern, Barbara Lee, and Pramila Jayapal, who should know better, have uncritically embraced the Administration’s escalating war against Russia to the tune of $40 billion."

Fwiw, consider the possibility that Russians, Americans, French, Poles, and virtually all other western people are being played into "choosing" between two sides of the same exact coin; their respective oligarchs like Trump, for example, or the neo-liberal political hacks (like Clinton and Biden) whose economic policies create the oligarch's fortunes.

Solutions are difficult to come by; however, you might ask yourself what would you be thinking and feeling if you woke one morning after a general or midterm election to the news that a majority of incumbents in the US Congress who were running for reelection had been FLUSHED from DC in a single news cycle?

The medium we are communicating with at this moment makes such a radical change possible (if not desirable), and regardless of all the devils, details and redwood-sized weeds, such an event would be an existential reminder to the Rich of why they fear Democracy.

EU authoritarianism: Two sides of the same coin - DiEM25 Coordinating Collective
Yes that would be a very interesting response. To see a majority of the incumbents not reelected. Those are good points you make.

I was at the grocery Store today and one man was saying he believes that there will be big food shortages within a year and more race riots. My position is that I hope this is avoided. Call it optimism but one only hopes for the best.

We are dealing with massive issues that we were not dealing with just a few years ago. Of course it is the coronavirus, Black Lives Matter and the race issues , The Supreme Court leak about the roe versus wade issue, the Russia Ukraine war. We could even talk about the January 6 event. Tucker Carlson who I don’t always agree with brought this up in one of his segments a week ago or so.

That said I do believe in the United States of America. I support American institutions. My position is today’s politicians are not like they used to be. We could learn a lot from the greatest generation. I believe that the American citizens in general and the American politicians of the past specifically from the 1940s Should be a role model... it was them who catapulted America to having the strongest economy and military in the world. But now we need to maintain our position so we can also help other people. And the challenges do we have the right leaders in power to maintain Americas position in the world. And what about the American citizens what can we bring to the table.

I’ll Bring up a term here ...Americanized. We should watch Americanize more parts of the world. Because a lot of people want what we have. And that’s what they sa people in the Middle East and in Africa they see America and they want what we have.

We are dealing with massive issues that we were not dealing with just a few years ago. Of course it is the coronavirus, Black Lives Matter and the race issues , The Supreme Court leak about the roe versus wade issue, the Russia Ukraine war. We could even talk about the January 6 event. Tucker Carlson who I don’t always agree with brought this up in one of his segments a week ago or so.
It's tempting to suggest our current crises revolve around a historical reality that has been around for thousands of years: the turmoil that results when one empire declines as the next is rising
China and Russia show a united front amid US-led sanctions
c584756e-9ebe-43d3-8134-59d2157dcbc7_b3d237fd.jpg
China’s rise and America’s decline spell conflict

"There are many ways to quantify the Chinese miracle, no less in comparison with the US.

"But it suffices for our purpose here to take an overall look at the century since the US emerged as a world power and the Chinese Communist Party was first established, in 1921."

The US became a global superpower at the end of WWI as the CCP came into existence. Of course there is a nuclear option today that has never existed before when one empire declines at the expense of its predecessor?

Forum List

Back