Warm Bagels and Heavy Winds

i was thinking more about dorothy seeing the bicycle with the witch go by.

:razz:

pretty nasty but not as bad as on long island.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Im glad you still have power!!!

we'll see how long that lasts.

why would my cell phone work for texts but not calls?

this is odd...

Because it uses two different carries on the cell system.

Text is sent on low speed data carrier while voice is sent on high speed cellular ..... and the voice system gets bogged down.

i'm fine, thank you.

didn't even lose power
Ditto.

It blew like crazy here and plenty lost power...trees down and flooding...but we didn't.

I am most thankful that a tree didn't fall on our house or cars and still keeping power is just icing on the cake.

We are on a hill, so no worries about flooding, but many roads are washed out. We'll just stay home today and let the county do what they do.

I'm happy.

Good morning. Hope everyone is ok. Water got to 3 blocks from here on our northeast side and 10 blocks to our left. We dudnt lose power, but have no cable, no phones, no Internet. For some reason, I can text and get online through my phone, but can only call out intermittently. Could have been way worse.

Good morning. Hope everyone is ok. Water got to 3 blocks from here on our northeast side and 10 blocks to our left. We dudnt lose power, but have no cable, no phones, no Internet. For some reason, I can text and get online through my phone, but can only call out intermittently. Could have been way worse.
My guess is that cable, phone, and internet are below ground level...flooded. Cell is above ground.

There was no power, but, cell phones worked in New England...It could have been worse here. I am one of the lucky ones. People by the river were flooded and lost everything. Roads are closed due to downed wires. It is a mess, looks like a bomb exploded here.

we are good....snow and high winds but nothing to worry about.....we are inside with food...cable and internet......and warm.....

i am glad everyone is checking in...any word from frankie or liability?

One of our friends got flooded that I know of. I haven't yet heard from two of my closest friends who are in zone A. My brother in Hoboken has no power. Neither does the family in manalapan. And we are afraid to find out about the shore house.

One of our friends got flooded that I know of. I haven't yet heard from two of my closest friends who are in zone A. My brother in Hoboken has no power. Neither does the family in manalapan. And we are afraid to find out about the shore house.
I am SO glad you are okay. Here's to hoping your friends are as well and the shore house survived the storm.

I hope it all works out with your family and shore house. Is it still flooded close by or has it gone out with the tide?

My lights began flickering at around 9PM. Later there were three power interruptions each lasting a few seconds then restoring. Bottom line is in spite of many power failures in immediately surrounding areas my community lucked out.

This was one hell of a storm.

I hope it all works out with your family and shore house. Is it still flooded close by or has it gone out with the tide?

The shore house? Well it's on the river, so no idea. Last I heard, things were still flooded in places, but getting a bit better. We stayed very local today so I'm not really sure.

Still haven't heard from my friends in zone A and am very nervous.

Oh......I thought you were talking about warm Beagles........

dog-found-very-friendly-tasted-like-chicken-2.jpg

The shore house? Well it's on the river, so no idea. Last I heard, things were still flooded in places, but getting a bit better. We stayed very local today so I'm not really sure.

Still haven't heard from my friends in zone A and am very nervous.

i hope all is well with your friends in zone A!

Have you gotten your phone and internet back yet? I heard they think they can get the tunnels ready to go in 4 days....

Damn.. and the taxi's got flooded! That is going to suck!

Forum List

Back