Warm Bagels and Heavy Winds

Anyone in a flood zone should move all their valuables to the second floor if they have a second floor.
I don't have a second floor. But today is the first time I've had no regrets about buying flood insurance. Money well spent for the peace of mind.

NO kidding. I hope you have things stacked up as high as you can just in case.
I'm at the Jersey Shore but not very close to the beach area so I'm less concerned about flooding than with power loss.

The wind gusts are beginning to intensify and the lights flickered a few minutes ago, so I'm getting worried. I've heard the expected recovery time for a power loss is a week or more.

A week without electricity and I will revert to a primitive state and head for Brooklyn. (Watch out, Jillian!)

could probably do.

how many floors up are you?

five up. which, right now, is a good thing. except the tree outside is rockin and a rollin, reelin with the feelin and all that other stuff.

five up is good! Are you in a flood zone if the surge does hit?

think of this rockin and rollin as inspiration for some good music....... :tongue:

yeah, its the trees that are always crazy to watch in the wind. I lost a few some years back..... one broke the house!

I don't have a second floor. But today is the first time I've had no regrets about buying flood insurance. Money well spent for the peace of mind.

NO kidding. I hope you have things stacked up as high as you can just in case.
I'm at the Jersey Shore but not very close to the beach area so I'm less concerned about flooding than with power loss.

The wind gusts are beginning to intensify and the lights flickered a few minutes ago, so I'm getting worried. I've heard the expected recovery time for a power loss is a week or more.

A week without electricity and I will revert to a primitive state and head for Brooklyn. (Watch out, Jillian!)

:eek:

internet withdrawal!

just stay safe..... thats whats important.

how many floors up are you?

five up. which, right now, is a good thing. except the tree outside is rockin and a rollin, reelin with the feelin and all that other stuff.

five up is good! Are you in a flood zone if the surge does hit?

think of this rockin and rollin as inspiration for some good music....... :tongue:

yeah, its the trees that are always crazy to watch in the wind. I lost a few some years back..... one broke the house!

we're only in danger of flooding if it hits catagory 2... at least according to the zone designations.

you've got a batter operated radio dont you just in case you lose power? Hopefully it doesnt get that bad and you flood.

you've got a batter operated radio dont you just in case you lose power? Hopefully it doesnt get that bad and you flood.

i don't. but my neighbor does. was too late when i finally thought of it.

internet is starting to get intermittent now.

bummer! How about a hard wire phone? I keep telling my mother she CANT throw away the old plug into the wall phone and to just keep it in the closet. When the power goes out the cordless ones dont work.

LOL!!! Sacking out in the office tonight. Roads are police and emergency vehicles only and public trans is down. Luckily the sandwich shop around the corner is still open. I take back what I said this morning about it not looking that bad. :eusa_silenced:

LOL!!! Sacking out in the office tonight. Roads are police and emergency vehicles only and public trans is down. Luckily the sandwich shop around the corner is still open. I take back what I said this morning about it not looking that bad. :eusa_silenced:

get a couple of sandwiches and as much stuff as you can carry.... you may be stuck there for a while.

latest update:

water coming up under the boardwalk in long beach, long island... and pushing up the boards.
otification Issued 10/29/12 at 5:56 PM. Due to severe weather related to
Hurricane Sandy, there are multiple road and bridge closures citywide. For a
list of closures please see attached.

The sender included the following attachment:
https://attachments.sendwordnow.com/Attachments.aspx?token=055bd931-c8af-4311-af38-5bdcff112caf

The sender provided the following contact information.
Sender's Name: Notify NYC
Sender's Email: [email protected]
Sender's Contact Phone: 212-XXX-XXXX

The following bridges will close at 7 PM tonight: Henry Hudson, Throgs Neck, Bronx-Whitestone, Verrazano Narrows, Marine Parkway - Gil Hodges, Cross Bay Veterans Memorial, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Williamsburg, Joseph P. Addabbo Memorial, Ed Koch Queensboro and Manhattan. The following bridges and tunnels have already been closed: Outerbridge Crossing, Bayonne, Holland and the Hugh Carey. The George Washington Bridge has the lower level closed at this time. The FDR Drive will be closed from East 155 Street to the Battery at 6 PM.

major flooding on NJ and Long Island... and still not high tide.

Forum List

Back