Was Pink Floyd’s music political?

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
NY
I had one Pink Floyd album and never really payed attention to the lyrics. I guess you can say I’m a casual fan of their music. Roger Waters seems like a complete idiot though.

Pink was part of the counterculture revolution.

Rock musicians never seem to grow old gracefully. Better to burn out with a big bang and be remembered forever, than to slowly rust away and become doddering old leftist fools.

Rock musicians never seem to grow old gracefully. Better to burn out with a big bang and be remembered forever, than to slowly rust away and become doddering old leftist fools.
Stop doing lyrics from Neil Young before you get a phone call about royalties.

He's another worthless piece of monkey-spunk. I bet that burned-out acid-head's brain is so fried that you could convince him his hair is on fire, and he'd start freaking out.

I think I saw him panhandling on the side of the road today.

:laughing0301:

Stop doing lyrics from Neil Young before you get a phone call about royalties.

He's another worthless piece of monkey-spunk. I bet that burned-out acid-head's brain is so fried that you could convince him his hair is on fire, and he'd start freaking out.

I think I saw him panhandling on the side of the road today.

:laughing0301:
I wish the acid ran out in the later 1980's.

Anyone have 8-tracks tapes anymore? Lol

I have Pink Floyd The Wall on vinyl and 8-track tapes. As well, as on cassette tapes and cd disk.
(Man, where does the time go, huh? Lol)

My friends and I did not see anything political in this one. We saw God and Satan fighting together in a religious experience while stoned outta our fukin minds

They weren't any more political than the next band really.
Establishment versus Us.

Us and Them in this vid show the working slugs going to work hoping they'd be shot before they have to face that nagging bitch and crummy kids at home. How society seeks you to be just an ordinary cog and helpless.

This line sums it all up about war and inflicted suffering........................"With.................Without................And in the end....It is what the fighting is all about"..........................I want what you have and I'm going to take it by force, plunder your wealth, kill your men and rape your women

LOL! David Gilmore is still artistically viable..and making some good music. He's been a leftist 'fool' all his life, ain't nothing changed.

I had one Pink Floyd album and never really payed attention to the lyrics. I guess you can say I’m a casual fan of their music. Roger Waters seems like a complete idiot though.

I have 15 Pink Floyd LPs including one never generally sold to the public and of course Floyd BECAME political later on in that they began to take on commentary on some social issues, though they never tried to suggest any solutions.

Forum List

Back