🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Was slavery condemned in the Bible?

In primitive times, slavery was a way of life, unlike today. Slavery was also different in the Bible than in Southern America. You were a slave until you worked off a debt for yourself or a family member. More of a temporary state.

It means if a male has sexual intercourse with another male then he should be killed by some method. The methodology is not specified. Some people in African/Middle Eastern countries are still sentenced to death for male on male sexuality.

It is extremely realistic for an ancient culture from that same geographic area to have those same customs. I am pretty sure they killed at least some male homosexuals in ancient Israel. For the life of me I cannot understand why any sane literate human would think otherwise. It makes me want to use the liar liar pants on fire argument. This verse is abundantly clear both from a literary and historical perspective.

I may be wrong----but somewhere along the line you seem to have STYLED
yourself a "scholar of the bible" -----<<<<<watta joke

Do you have this verse figured all out? Contrary to what others believe on this forum, I am not a Bible scholar. You got a hold of some bad information on that one. What do you think Leviticus 20:13 was intended to mean to the Israelites?

I cannot discuss "INTENT" ---but can approach aspects of interpretation as
popularly done by Pharisees like Jesus. The execution would be limited to
persons who PROMULGATE and MAKE PROFITABLE and CULT-LIKE
BEHAVIOR ----acts of homosexuality. Setting up a SODOMIZERS BOOTH---
in the Temple courtyard would be a capital crime. Getting involved in Roman and
Sadducean business corruption was also a CRIME for the Pharisees See the NT ......in several of its books

You are very good at reading the Bible. I would avoid that extra Biblical nonsensense though. You aren't the first person to use this explanation. It has no Biblical foundation whatsoever. It doesn't even sound scholarly.

the only people who are "good" at reading the bible are those who have some
knowledge of the languages thereof. -----and those who understand the
interpretations thereof who are closest to the those who produced it.-------not some
"person" who depends on a translation that happened thousands of years later.
I cannot read BEUWULF with much clear understanding any better than you read
the bible

Utilizing that philosophical position, reading an English translation of the Bible is a waste of time.

I may be wrong----but somewhere along the line you seem to have STYLED
yourself a "scholar of the bible" -----<<<<<watta joke

Do you have this verse figured all out? Contrary to what others believe on this forum, I am not a Bible scholar. You got a hold of some bad information on that one. What do you think Leviticus 20:13 was intended to mean to the Israelites?

Sadducean business corruption was also a CRIME for the Pharisees See the NT ......in several of its books

You are very good at reading the Bible. I would avoid that extra Biblical nonsensense though. You aren't the first person to use this explanation. It has no Biblical foundation whatsoever. It doesn't even sound scholarly.

interpretations thereof who are closest to the those who produced it.-------not some
the bible

Utilizing that philosophical position, reading an English translation of the Bible is a waste of time.

I like to read. I read the Odyssey too

the bible

Is this the version of the Talmud that you have?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAKegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw1vtkbuRfyYlSKYzlEk2wAe

God set the pace by raping Mary.

taz-----be not vulgar
God wanted to get his small dick in there before Joseph busted her up with his big shlong. :biggrin:
Mary was out partying while Joseph was asleep and then she made up some fantastical story? :p
That’s his momma you are talking about. You might want to hedge your bet by not bad mouthing his momma.

After all he did turn water into wine before it was his time to begin his ministry do to nothing more than a passing comment from his momma.
I rest easy making churlish jokes about biblical characters same as I would about Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse or Spiderman. Plus, Mary was prolly hott after God make her Bush burn off...and could probably barely help himself.
Your call. I see people do stupid shit everyday.

the bible

Is this the version of the Talmud that you have?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAKegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw1vtkbuRfyYlSKYzlEk2wAe

yes----the stuff published by ARTSCROLL are the volumes I have read---
I did not buy them

Forum List

Back