🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Was slavery condemned in the Bible?

in order to understand what the lines in Leviticus meant to the people to whom
it was addressed ------one needs to review commentaries. It is silly to rely on
the translation --------private diddling between consenting "friends" was probably
ignored. -----the issue was either the ORGANIZED stuff-----or some sort of
cult involving the "behavior"-----I base my comment on the actual practical
discussions thrown around in the talmud

Try using English and proper punctuation. Whatever you said is gibberish. Thanks.

wrong----you have a reading comprehension problem.------

Your inability to express yourself in the English is YOUR problem. If you fail to use complete sentences and the right punctuation, I cannot understand you.

You have problems with comprehension. Your inability to understand any writing that is not grammatically correct or punctuated correctly is very odd. I have
never heard of your form of dyslexia.
yeah. The post he's taking issue with was pretty easy to read/decipher.

I don't like to decipher shit. Just give me a few sentences in English.

IIRC, the first slaveholder in the Bible was Abraham. If I'm not right, someone will correct me.

God put his own people into slavery for disobedience and he allowed his people to subdue other nations and take slaves. So, when, if ever, did it become a sin?
You are discussing servitude vs slavery.

That is pure semantics Professor Marx with no citations to back your claim.

No, it factually does not. The Old Testament deals with a people called Israel in the Bible. It has NOTHING to do with "Jews."

FWIW, the first time the word Jew appears in the Bible, they are at war with Israelites. Sorry to burst your bubble, but they ain't the same people.
That's semantics. The point is that - whatever name you want to call them - their book Leviticus emphasized their ritual, legal and moral practices. And their practices indicated that they did not fucking kill gay people.

So why is it that you think they were commanded to kill gay people?

The obvious answer is that they weren't because they didn't fucking kill gay people in reality.

You just admitted that it was a legal practice. Why are you getting your boxers in a bunch?
Do you even logic?

Do you? If so, I have yet to see it.
I just showed it to you when I explained how if they had been commanded to kill people for being gay, they would have killed gay people. But since no gay people were put to death for being gay, then obviously they were not commanded to kill gay people.

That’s logic. Do you need for me to explain how it is logic?

There is a command that if mankind lies with men, they shall both be put to death. You've yet to prove that nobody was ever killed.

Your inability to express yourself in the English is YOUR problem. If you fail to use complete sentences and the right punctuation, I cannot understand you.

You have problems with comprehension. Your inability to understand any writing that is not grammatically correct or punctuated correctly is very odd. I have

Put those lips right up there on that ass.
I'm just being an honest observer, dude. Her post was very decipherable, so for you to pretend it was incoherent is only being pedantic. Rosie is cordial most of the time, you don't have to do her like that.

She didn't have to talk nasty to me either. Respect is a two way street.

That’s mighty Christian of you, brother.

Are YOU a Christian?

There is a command that if mankind lies with men, they shall both be put to death. You've yet to prove that nobody was ever killed.
The Torah, Talmud, and other writings provide different perspectives. For example, did you know that a Jewish Court who handed out the death sentence once in seventy years was considered a bloody or destructive court? Also were the provisions that should the decision be unanimous, the accused was acquitted, and that not only were two witnesses to the act required, they also had to inform the accused he was about to commit a capital offense.

IIRC, the first slaveholder in the Bible was Abraham. If I'm not right, someone will correct me.

God put his own people into slavery for disobedience and he allowed his people to subdue other nations and take slaves. So, when, if ever, did it become a sin?
America never enslaved real civilized humans.

Letting someone be enslaved for ones actions is what you missed.

You can split hairs all you like. Slavery is slavery. One tribe of black people sells their brethren into slavery because... I don't know, you tell us why. Did the losing blacks that got sold into slavery do something that made their own brethren round them up? And, if they had not been sold into slavery, would they then maybe become soul food soup?

The Torah, Talmud, and other writings provide different perspectives. For example, did you know that a Jewish Court who handed out the death sentence once in seventy years was considered a bloody or destructive court? Also were the provisions that should the decision be unanimous, the accused was acquitted, and that not only were two witnesses to the act required, they also had to inform the accused he was about to commit a capital offense.

As stated, biblical Israelites and Jews are different people.

America never enslaved real civilized humans.

We have slavery now. It's just in a bit more subtle form.

There are many definitions of "slavery" and any blanket condemnation of slavery is ignorant of reality.

In a country where starvation and disease are the norm, and a wealthy person agrees to feed, house, and clothe someone who would otherwise be living briefly in squalor before an agonizing death...how is that "evil"?

Incorrect.
Slavery is alive and well in the Hood, South of the Border and in many Muslim nations.
There are many in servitude earning a good living, receiving excellent benefits and able to leave at their leisure.

You can split hairs all you like. Slavery is slavery. One tribe of black people sells their brethren into slavery because... I don't know, you tell us why. Did the losing blacks that got sold into slavery do something that made their own brethren round them up? And, if they had not been sold into slavery, would they then maybe become soul food soup?
Point flew by. The OP is about the issue of slavery being evil and the OP saying because God allowed the Jews to be enslaved there is a question. I merely pointed out God let’s bad things happen but they’re still bad.

That's semantics. The point is that - whatever name you want to call them - their book Leviticus emphasized their ritual, legal and moral practices. And their practices indicated that they did not fucking kill gay people.

The obvious answer is that they weren't because they didn't fucking kill gay people in reality.

You just admitted that it was a legal practice. Why are you getting your boxers in a bunch?

uhm ---not exactly-----in practice BEING GAY was not a crime-----developing a
cult or a temple to GAYNESS like a GAY NITECLUB would have been a crime.

Got any citations for that or are you talking out your ass?
Do you have any citations showing they killed people for being gay?

I posted what I saw in the Bible. Other than that, it is all pure speculation unless / until one of us or someone else posts facts that show otherwise. If God blessed his people for keeping his laws, I'd say people caught in the act were killed. If you can argue God did not keep his word, your position might be the right one.
The only position I am arguing is against your interpretation that God commanded to kill gay people.

Do you even logic?

Do you? If so, I have yet to see it.
I just showed it to you when I explained how if they had been commanded to kill people for being gay, they would have killed gay people. But since no gay people were put to death for being gay, then obviously they were not commanded to kill gay people.

That’s logic. Do you need for me to explain how it is logic?

No. That’s you interpretation of what it says.

Just to be clear though, you want me to prove to you that something didn’t happen?

Think about what you are asking.

It seems that if you believe it did happen you should be able to prove it did happen. Right?

Because I’m scratching my head trying to figure out how I can prove something didn’t happen.

That’s mighty Christian of you, brother.

Are YOU a Christian?
Not a particularly good one.

Incorrect.
Slavery is alive and well in the Hood, South of the Border and in many Muslim nations.
There are many in servitude earning a good living, receiving excellent benefits and able to leave at their leisure.

Split hairs all you want dude. You're either free or you are a slave. My opinion is just as valid as yours, but you if think that people forced into servitude are any happier about their situation, you are dead wrong.

Point flew by. The OP is about the issue of slavery being evil and the OP saying because God allowed the Jews to be enslaved there is a question. I merely pointed out God let’s bad things happen but they’re still bad.

You missed the point. I was not talking about Jews. There are a lot of people who willingly vote to put themselves into slavery. Their bad ain't the same as yours.

uhm ---not exactly-----in practice BEING GAY was not a crime-----developing a
cult or a temple to GAYNESS like a GAY NITECLUB would have been a crime.

Got any citations for that or are you talking out your ass?
Do you have any citations showing they killed people for being gay?

I posted what I saw in the Bible. Other than that, it is all pure speculation unless / until one of us or someone else posts facts that show otherwise. If God blessed his people for keeping his laws, I'd say people caught in the act were killed. If you can argue God did not keep his word, your position might be the right one.
The only position I am arguing is against your interpretation that God commanded to kill gay people.

Argue all you want. I only quoted Lev. 20 : 13. You are not arguing against me.

Forum List

Back