Was there any wickedness in Babylon?

Apparently Nimrod is not a name, but just an epithet, it means "we will rise up". Can this person be associated with any historical person?

The Bible repeatedly mentions Babylon as a city of sin. However, I have not seen evidence of this in objective sources. It looks like slander.
Do you think it too late to file slander charges?

A bigger question is, are there cities that are sin free like Al Capone that used to run Chicago?

I just got done reading how Thomas Jefferson took an ill view of city life, as it tends to lead to mass corruption and spread of plagues, etc

Jefferson believed that cities were breeding grounds not just for economic and political dependency, but that they generally attracted an urban underclass. An unemployed and perhaps unemployable urban proletariat was dangerous to peace and social stability.

“The mobs of great cities,” he wrote, “add just so much to the support of pure government, as sores do to the strength of the human body. It is the manners and spirit of a people which preserve a republic in vigor. A degeneracy in these is a canker which soon eats to the heart of its laws and constitution.”

And judging by how American large cities are all run by democrats and full of crime and accusations of police forces that are systemically racist, and created by democrat Mayors all across the country, I find it hard to argue

And just look at how the plague Covid ravaged New York City.

Jefferson was brilliant.

Last edited:
What kind of independence? From the Babylonian empire, they moved to the Achaemenid empire, there was no talk of independence

Only the Good Figs were taken to Babylon.. The Bad Figs were left behind.

Do you think it too late to file slander charges?

A bigger question is, are there cities that are sin free like Al Capone that used to run Chicago?

I just got done reading how Thomas Jefferson took an ill view of city life, as it tends to lead to mass corruption and spread of plagues, etc

Jefferson believed that cities were breeding grounds not just for economic and political dependency, but that they generally attracted an urban underclass. An unemployed and perhaps unemployable urban proletariat was dangerous to peace and social stability.

“The mobs of great cities,” he wrote, “add just so much to the support of pure government, as sores do to the strength of the human body. It is the manners and spirit of a people which preserve a republic in vigor. A degeneracy in these is a canker which soon eats to the heart of its laws and constitution.”

And judging by how American large cities are all run by democrats and full of crime and accusations of police forces that are systemically racist, and created by democrat Mayors all across the country, I find it hard to argue

And just look at how the plague Covid ravaged New York City.

Jefferson was brilliant.

I don't think that cities are any different from villages. Agricultural empires cultivated slavery and imposed a slave mentality on them. It was also an unhealthy society and it was also a support for the left.

And this is even close to the topic: Assyria was the first such empire. It was the northern neighbor of Babylon and was destroyed by Babylon, allied with Media.

By the way, Babylon is most likely the same as Sumer(Shumer). Babylon is referred to as Shin`ar
It says somewhere that it was founded by people who came from the east.

Shinar = "country of two rivers"
The ancient name for the territory later known as Babylonia or Chaldea

It turns out that the name "Mesopotamia" refers only to Sumer, and does not refer to Akkad, as is commonly believed.

What kind of independence? From the Babylonian empire, they moved to the Achaemenid empire, there was no talk of independence
National independence, like any nation. They sought it, and briefly attained under Hasmonian leadership, before the Romans. They thrived, even shedding their Hellenistic influences, for the most part.

A similar etymology has survived to this day. On the Volga there is the city of Samara, this is almost the same thing, it is taken out of the "confluence of rivers", this is essentially the same as Sumer. The word "sum" probably comes from the ancient "sum" - 2, and the word Ar in the meaning of a river is found everywhere: Syr Darya, Amu Darya, Ar Deva Anahita (goddess of the river)

From this we can make an unambiguous conclusion: Arya = Peoples of Rivers.

National independence, like any nation. They sought it, and briefly attained under Hasmonian leadership, before the Romans. They thrived, even shedding their Hellenistic influences, for the most part.
Do you read what you give the answers to? There was no independence

the_achaemenid_persian_empire__c__500_bc__by_undevicesimus_d597n7w-fullview.jpg

For about a hundred years before Israel became a Roman client state, it was independent.
You're an idiot? I am showing you a map of the Achaemenid Empire. The region of Israel was part of the Achaemenid Power. It was long before Rome came along
Moreover, these maps show exactly the time immediately after Cyrus.

Last edited:
You're an idiot? I am showing you a map of the Achaemenid Empire. The region of Israel was part of the Achaemenid Power. It was long before Rome came along
Moreover, these maps show exactly the time immediately after Cyrus.
I didn't say long before Rome came along. I said right before Rome.

In Babylon, apparently the most powerful god was the god Bel, it is likely that this influenced the Baal cult of the Semitic peoples. However, in mythology, Bel is a good god who defeated the dragon. The very name of Babylon comes undoubtedly from this hero, and the towers that were built there were dedicated to him.
His other name is Marduk.

Accordingly, the adversary of the Babylonian god had to be a serpent

Related topic

The towers of Babel are ziggurats. Perhaps the tower mentioned in the Bible was the tallest ziggurat. Ziggurats were dedicated to the supreme deity Belu / Marduk. This is a legendary hero who defeated the Evil Dragon-Serpent, a variant of Zeus, Jupiter, Indra, Dyaus and so on. The main deity of all Indo-Europeans. The god of good.

They were built in this form:

ziggurat-5-1.jpg

The towers of Babel are ziggurats. Perhaps the tower mentioned in the Bible was the tallest ziggurat. Ziggurats were dedicated to the supreme deity Belu / Marduk. This is a legendary hero who defeated the Evil Dragon-Serpent, a variant of Zeus, Jupiter, Indra, Dyaus and so on. The main deity of all Indo-Europeans. The god of good.

They were built in this form:

ziggurat-5-1.jpg

Ziggurats? There were watch towers all over the ME.. Some are still standing.

Forum List

Back