Washington Compost Calls out Pelosi for Multiple Lies About Gun Crime

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
It is simpler to just assume that Pelosi is lying and demand evidence when anyone takes her at face value.

Washington Post Gives Nancy Pelosi Four Pinocchios for False Gun Stats

According to the Post, Pelosi claimed “47 percent” of the people died in gun violence January 1, 2019 to November 20, 2019, were “teenagers or children younger than that.” Her goal was to pressure Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R) to take action on gun control bills the Democrat-controlled House passed....

In reality, a five-year study released by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence shows people 19 and younger actually make up about 7.3 percent of those who die in firearm-related deaths each day.​

It is simpler to just assume that Pelosi is lying and demand evidence when anyone takes her at face value.

According to the Post, Pelosi claimed “47 percent” of the people died in gun violence January 1, 2019 to November 20, 2019, were “teenagers or children younger than that.” Her goal was to pressure Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R) to take action on gun control bills the Democrat-controlled House passed....

In reality, a five-year study released by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence shows people 19 and younger actually make up about 7.3 percent of those who die in firearm-related deaths each day.​
In reality, a five-year study released by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence shows people 19 and younger actually make up about 7.3 percent of those who die in firearm-related deaths each day.
That can't be. Inner city gang member youth are the ones who are making our gun homicide rates so high. That's what EVERYONE on gun threads tells me over and over and over.
7.3%?
I guess I'll remember that stat for the next time someone tells me that, then.

Something to be proud of
We don’t kill as many teenagers as we think

I was trying to figure out why the W Post would criticize a prominent dem like that. Then I realized that the 7% stat would confuse those who would be referring to the 18-23 demo, which has an astronomically higher percentage, and thereby create the illusion that there isn’t a problem.

Forum List

Back