Washington Post: Passenger in van says Gray was trying to hurt himself! Ruh-roh!

He was a saint!!

Origins: On 12 April 2015, a 25-year-old man named Freddie Gray sustained grave injuries (from which he subsequently died) while in police custody in Baltimore. Although details about Gray's arrest, custody, and death are still unclear, some aspects of the case have come to light.

On 27 April 2015, the web site Heavy published an article that included Gray's arrest record, as follows:

March 20, 2015: Possession of a Controlled Dangerous Substance
March 13, 2015: Malicious destruction of property, second-degree assault
January 20, 2015: Fourth-degree burglary, trespassing
January 14, 2015: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute
December 31, 2014: Possession of narcotics with intent to distribute
December 14, 2014: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance
August 31, 2014: Illegal gambling, trespassing
January 25, 2014: Possession of marijuana
September 28, 2013: Distribution of narcotics, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, second-degree assault, second-degree escape
April 13, 2012: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, violation of probation
July 16, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession with intent to distribute
March 28, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance
March 14, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to manufacture and distribute
February 11, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance
August 29, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, violation of probation
August 28, 2007: Possession of marijuana
August 23, 2007: False statement to a peace officer, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance
July 16, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance (2 counts)

Although many other publications have presented the above-displayed arrest record as revelatory information, Freddie Gray's rap sheet has in fact been frequently discussed by the mainstream media.

For example, CNN obtained court documents showing more than 20 criminal court cases in Maryland against Gray; the Baltimore Sun combed through Gray's arrest record and determined that most of his arrests were for possession of or intent to sell marijuana; and the Associated Press concluded that Gray had been "in and out of prison for several drug convictions in Baltimore" since 2008.

Freddie Gray's rap sheet is also a matter of public record and is available via the Maryland Department of Justice web site.

It should also be noted that the above-displayed list shows Freddie Gray's arrest record and not his conviction record:

Court records indicate that Gray's arrests were mostly for drug charges and minor crimes, and sometimes were not prosecuted. He had several cases scheduled for trial in the coming months. One case, involving charges for second-degree assault and malicious destruction of property, was scheduled for a June trial.

He also faced drug charges that were scheduled for trial in April and May. He has been found guilty of drug charges in the past; his sentences were unclear from court records.

Freddie Gray's arrest record included charges of second-degree assault, distribution of marijuana, and illegal gambling. While many of the charges levied against Gray have already seen their day in court, the final item on Gray's record, a possession charge from March 2015, was "abated by death."
Read more at snopes.com Freddie Gray Arrest Record Criminal History and Rap Sheet

An arrest record is not a rap sheet. In this country, we are still innocent until proven guilty. So what was he convicted of?

click the link.....

I ran a search for Maryland Judicial cases, and came up with only four pertaining to Freddie grey, two of which were closed, and two of which were active. The site didn't give manydetails about any of the cases, so we don't know if he was actually convicted of anything. According to Snopes:

"Court records indicate that Gray's arrests were mostly for drug charges and minor crimes, and sometimes were not prosecuted. He had several cases scheduled for trial in the coming months. One case, involving charges for second-degree assault and malicious destruction of property, was scheduled for a June trial.

He also faced drug charges that were scheduled for trial in April and May. He has been found guilty of drug charges in the past; his sentences were unclear from court records."

But I have no idea how they got his court records, unless they requested it directly from the courts, because that site doesn't give details, only that three were traffic offenses and one was criminal.

Maryland Judiciary Case Search

Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was trying to injure himself document says - The Washington Post

Well well well.

Passenger in van said Freddie Grey was trying to harm himself.

This prisoner was picked up on the third stop....last stop before headquarters. ...and during that final leg of the trip...he says Grey was thrashing around and slamming himself into the vans metal siding. Says...well...he was trying to hurt himself.

GUESS WHY???? Grey just settled a lawsuit from a wreck.

My guess? He wanted to be hurt...to file a lawsuit vs BPD. So he was purposely trying to bust himself up to claim abuse.

Well.folks...as usual....truth emerging. Shame on the media and Democrats.

I'm not a doctor but I don't think just banging your head will equal snapping your neck more like getting yourself a concession
He had just had MAJOR neck surgery shortly before. It damn near killed him AFTER the car accident damn near killed him.

Whats your source? Looks like internet rumors to me. For what it's worth Sean Hannity asked their family lawyer about it. The lawyer said "not to my knowledge" and then bashed conservatives as racist at the end of the interview. As you well may know, "not to my knowledge" can be lawyer speak for "I know but I'm going to pretend I don't"

Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was trying to injure himself document says - The Washington Post

Well well well.

This prisoner was picked up on the third stop....last stop before headquarters. ...and during that final leg of the trip...he says Grey was thrashing around and slamming himself into the vans metal siding. Says...well...he was trying to hurt himself.

My guess? He wanted to be hurt...to file a lawsuit vs BPD. So he was purposely trying to bust himself up to claim abuse.

I'm not a doctor but I don't think just banging your head will equal snapping your neck more like getting yourself a concession
He had just had MAJOR neck surgery shortly before. It damn near killed him AFTER the car accident damn near killed him.

If he had major neck surgery prior to his arrest, then the act of an officer putting pressure on his neck with his knee during the arrest could have been enough to cause severe damage to his spine.

Well well well.

Whats your source? Looks like internet rumors to me. For what it's worth Sean Hannity asked their family lawyer about it. The lawyer said "not to my knowledge" and then bashed conservatives as racist at the end of the interview. As you well may know, "not to my knowledge" can be lawyer speak for "I know but I'm going to pretend I don't"
While it IS quite possible the person hurt themselves in the van I question who saw it. Someone going TO jail maybe wanting a break.

I find it interesting that the police have announced that contrary to their earlier statement that they would release a death report on Friday, they have now said that they have forwarded all information to prosecutors, and that the report would not be released.

Well well well.

While it IS quite possible the person hurt themselves in the van I question who saw it. Someone going TO jail maybe wanting a break.

It depends on what he was going to jail for. Blacks will no doubt attempt to make the same argument. Facts simply don't matter at this point.

I find it interesting that the police have announced that contrary to their earlier statement that they would release a death report on Friday, they have now said that they have forwarded all information to prosecutors, and that the report would not be released.
That may be because the evidence/autopsy exonerates the police, and they know the black lynch mob will go nuts....just speculating.

Well well well.

If he had major neck surgery prior to his arrest, then the act of an officer putting pressure on his neck with his knee during the arrest could have been enough to cause severe damage to his spine.
Yes it could. also what was the doctors order at that point? Was a BRACE ordered and NOT followed? A brace would have told the cop he had a weakness.

That's another indicator of innocence. If the report demonstrated guilt it wouldn't hurt anything to release it. If it demonstrated innocence then there would be riots in the streets and cries of a cover up from ill informed thugs.

That may be because the evidence/autopsy exonerates the police, and they know the black lynch mob will go nuts....just speculating.

You are correct. It is an excellent indicator of innocence.

Ah. So now the cops paid the other prisoner to lie. Yall watch too many movies haha.

A major metro PD wouldnt hesitate for a second to throw a few officers under a bus to avoid chaos. But they cant...they dont have anything to charge them yet. Maybe never.

They need Obama to announce the no charges announcement. Tell the black world he himself reviewed it...and saw no crime.

He could do.that and be a true leader. He of course will not.

They need Obama to announce the no charges announcement. Tell the black world he himself reviewed it...and saw no crime.

That is a very good idea. Of course it won't happen....

That is a very good idea. Of course it won't happen....

Of course not. It may be a way to calm folks. To prevent riots. Heck...maybe even prevent deaths of some cops.

But he would never do it. Neither would Al Sharpton.

Ah. So now the cops paid the other prisoner to lie. Yall watch too many movies haha.

A major metro PD wouldnt hesitate for a second to throw a few officers under a bus to avoid chaos. But they cant...they dont have anything to charge them yet. Maybe never.
Uuummmm, never been involved in the criminal justice system have ya. Happens all the time, in real life, not just in the "movies".

And it may just be the opposite, DAs often play their cards close to the chest during an initial investigation, releasing the report, regardless of what it says, could trigger more riots or "retaliation" against police around the country.

Forum List

Back