Wasteful programs that government should not fund

Public Broadcasting is not needed anymore with the bazillion channels available.

I used to feel the same

We have History Channel, Travel, Tru TV,...

They all sold it out to profit and abandoned their format for ancient aliens, reality TV and pseudo documentaries

PBS is the same as it was decades ago

Republicans just added trillions to the debt with their tax cut for corporations and the wealthy

Their spending bill added another 1.5 trillion or so

But programs that actually help the middle class and poor have to go.

That's where the GOP is folks. That's where they have been for a long time
I want to believe you. Then Nancy said you have to see what is in it about Obamacare. And Dodd/Frank bought fun for us all.

I support a "Grace Commission II" to study the Federal Government and make recommendations to eliminate waste and duplication and to make it run more effectively. The original Grace Commission The Grace Commission - Wikipedia could have saved $424b over 3-years if its recommendations were implemented, which of course they were not, and that was in 1982 dollars. Think how much could be save by a Trump Exec order today...

No Dept of Ed and you have no Federal funding for education.

Federal funding for schools offsets local tax funding. You want your local taxes to go up? That 10% is crucial to schools. They are always underfunded as it is and losing that 10% would be crushing

I support a "Grace Commission II" to study the Federal Government and make recommendations to eliminate waste and duplication and to make it run more effectively. The original Grace Commission The Grace Commission - Wikipedia could have saved $424b over 3-years if its recommendations were implemented, which of course they were not, and that was in 1982 dollars. Think how much could be save by a Trump Exec order today...
Because failure and stupidity are the Republicans do

The Grace Commission Report[3] was presented to Congress in January 1984. The report claimed that if its recommendations were followed, $424 billion could be saved in three years, rising to $1.9 trillion per year by the year 2000. It estimated that the national debt, without these reforms, would rise to $13 trillion by the year 2000, while with the reforms they projected it would rise to only $2.5 trillion.

The debt in 2000 was...5,8 trillion...not 13

Forum List

Back