Watching Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer

I was never afraid of the Wicked Witch though in the Wizard of Oz

but I had a mad crush on the Tin Man..... :)

Bit of trivia for you.

Margaret Hamilton first job was kindergarten teacher, and had Jim Backus and William Windom as students.

Bit of trivia for you.

Margaret Hamilton first job was kindergarten teacher, and had Jim Backus and William Windom as students.

wow did not know that! interesting (had to look up William Windom)...

Bit of trivia for you.

wow did not know that! interesting (had to look up William Windom)...

(had to look up William Windom)...

She had him removed from her room for being too rambunctious

Yeah he was pretty mean to Rudolph (as was everyone else.....) - and didn't treat the Elves very nicely either... kinda like the Archie Bunker of Santas

Yeah he was pretty mean to Rudolph (as was everyone else.....) - and didn't treat the Elves very nicely either... kinda like the Archie Bunker of Santas
I don't remember Santa being a racist homophobic mysoginist

I don't remember Santa being a racist homophobic mysoginist

Yeah well maybe not such a good comparison ..... he was kind of racist (he didn't like Rudolph being different)
and he seemed to disrespect his wife a "little" - although he was pretty nice to her overall, a bit gruff.....
Did not sense homophobia however......

So judgmental are we.....

... I used to think these shows were fun and cute to watch....
They seem so dumb, silly and boring now!
Poor hubby - he's asleep out of boredom... but will wake him for the MD / NC basketball game....

Watched "The Polar Express" last night. Looking for that documentary-style movie "Secret Santa" is one of the same name but not the documentary one. It's really good. Shot like an investigative doc with various footage of what may or may not be Santa and flying reindeer and stuff. :)

I think I'm sticking to A Christmas Carol and It's A Wonderful Life

I guess I've finally outgrown cartoons... :(

Forum List

Back