Water thrown on NYC police

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
My question is why? And why weren’t these buttholes arrested?

New York police slam videos showing officers pelted with objects, drenched with water: 'reprehensible'

Videos of New York Police Department officers being doused with water and pelted with objects in separate incidents surfaced on social media on Monday, including one clip that showed officers getting drenched as they were making an arrest.

NYPD officials called the videos “reprehensible.”

In one video, somebody hurled a bucket that hit an officer in the head while he was making an arrest in Harlem. Groups of jeering bystanders could be heard reacting as people continued to splash the officers with water.

“The videos of cops being doused with water and having objects hurled at them as they made an arrest in #Harlem is reprehensible,” NYPD Chief Terence Monahan said in a tweet on Monday.

Very maddening, to say the least. What restraint those police officers showed.

How is dumping a bucket of water on the head of a policeman not considered assault? ... :dunno:

Interfering with an arrest with violence? You'd get a proper ass-whipping (and possibly then some) and around 6 years in prison for that here.

My question is why? And why weren’t these buttholes arrested?

New York police slam videos showing officers pelted with objects, drenched with water: 'reprehensible'

Videos of New York Police Department officers being doused with water and pelted with objects in separate incidents surfaced on social media on Monday, including one clip that showed officers getting drenched as they were making an arrest.

NYPD officials called the videos “reprehensible.”

In one video, somebody hurled a bucket that hit an officer in the head while he was making an arrest in Harlem. Groups of jeering bystanders could be heard reacting as people continued to splash the officers with water.

“The videos of cops being doused with water and having objects hurled at them as they made an arrest in #Harlem is reprehensible,” NYPD Chief Terence Monahan said in a tweet on Monday.
Bring out the water cannons.
The police win!

Cops aren't made of sugar, a little water won't hurt... I've got a lot worse things thrown at me.

You don't have to arrest someone on the scene to lay charges. It's on video. They've been ID'd. They can be picked up anytime when the odds are in the police's favor.

Why rush into a scene that will turn into a full-blown riot when you don't have to?

Grab them later.

Work smart, not hard.

Cops aren't made of sugar, a little water won't hurt... I've got a lot worse things thrown at me.

You don't have to arrest someone on the scene to lay charges. It's on video. They've been ID'd. They can be picked up anytime when the odds are in the police's favor.

Why rush into a scene that will turn into a full-blown riot when you don't have to?

Grab them later.

Work smart, not hard.

You have a point. Them sheriffs here have that down to a science. They can swoop in 20 deep, no exaggeration, grab a dude, and be gone in 2 minutes. :eek: Probably less.

I've seen it happen and was like "WTF?!" :eek:

Grab them later.

Work smart, not hard.

I guess you missed the bucket that was thrown right at the officer's head at point blank range? Screw risking a riot. The police need to control the scene wherever they go. They are either in control or being controlled. Your attitude is ultimately what is going to make matters worse for the black community and everyone involved. We either have law and order or we don't.

Grab them later.

Work smart, not hard.

I guess you missed the bucket that was thrown right at the officer's head at point blank range? Screw risking a riot. The police need to control the scene wherever they go. They are either in control or being controlled. Your attitude is ultimately what is going to make matters worse for the black community and everyone involved. We either have law and order or we don't.

There are a lot of factors ... officer safety, public safety, police / city liability, community relations and I would never second guess the officers on the scene or their leadership on the basis of a video clip.

Trying to resolve a situation in the heat of the moment and putting lives at risk isn't smart policing. It's not about showing anyone who is 'in charge'. It's about enforcing the law. When it is safe and smart to do so, the perpetrators will ultimately get charged and go before a judge who will most probably let them go with a warning.

None of that is worth officers or members of the public getting hurt over.

Grab them later.

Work smart, not hard.

You have a point. Them sheriffs here have that down to a science. They can swoop in 20 deep, no exaggeration, grab a dude, and be gone in 2 minutes. :eek: Probably less.

I've seen it happen and was like "WTF?!" :eek:

One of the coolest new tactics I've seen is paint ball guns for riot situations. Instead of rushing into a mob and risking officer (and public) safety by trying to grab a violent offender. You light him up with a paint ball. It shows up great on the high def video. You mark him, identify him, and get him when the crowd thins out and it's safe to do so.

No one should be throwing ANYTHING at members of LE.

PERIOD

Grab them later.

Work smart, not hard.

There are a lot of factors ... officer safety, public safety, police / city liability, community relations and I would never second guess the officers on the scene or their leadership on the basis of a video clip.

Trying to resolve a situation in the heat of the moment and putting lives at risk isn't smart policing. It's not about showing anyone who is 'in charge'. It's about enforcing the law. When it is safe and smart to do so, the perpetrators will ultimately get charged and go before a judge who will most probably let them go with a warning.

None of that is worth officers or members of the public getting hurt over.

That's a very short-sighted viewpoint. The police always have to be in charge even if it means the perpetrators get hurt. You don't need to look any further than Baltimore to see how short-sighted your view is. Prior to the riots in 2015 the homicide number was 211 in 2014. After the riots and the police being told the "stand-down" by the mayor homicide jumped 63%. The homicide number since the riots is in the 300's and is on record pace again in 2019. As a matter of fact, the new Baltimore Deputy Police Commissioner was just robbed at gun point at 9pm near a popular park. Why? Because no one in Baltimore fears getting arrested. Don't think for a second a video going viral of police officers being assaulted and just standing there doing nothing is actually helping the community. It's not. Quite the opposite will happen just like in Baltimore.

The police always have to be in charge even if it means the perpetrators get hurt.

Nothing in this world is black and white where human lives and public safety are at risk.

To believe that police have to be in charge even if it means officers, or innocents, or even perpetrators can get hurt, is incredibly short-sighted.

The police always have to be in charge even if it means the perpetrators get hurt.

Nothing in this world is black and white where human lives and public safety are at risk.

To believe that police have to be in charge even if it means officers, or innocents, or even perpetrators can get hurt, is incredibly short-sighted.

Uh no. You deleted the statistics and incidents I provided to prove my viewpoint. Try again.

Forum List

Back