Wave of corporations leaving US

Keep taxing them and regulating them.....they'll keep moving out of the country. They are corporations and their responsibility is the bottom line

Exactly, and when they dont care about the Nation that helped them along the way we have a problem because by their very nature they are only out for themselves.

Not their employees, not America...not even Americans

So why defend them when their mission is to get as much as they can even if its on your back?

I invest in them, I was smart enough to join the game, you can't beat them so don't try

There you have it, the same mentality as the corporations. Get money, America? Meh

The root cause of the problem is the vast inequality in the world.
The corporations play off one set of people against the other and they go largely unchallenged.

Data from wage inequality to child poverty suggests that any savings made from taxes go into the bosses pocket whilst the rest of us pay more to preserve public services.

The idea that corporations can duck out of obligations is outrageous. Dont they call the police when they are robbed ? How do they ship their goods ? Perhaps Scotty helps them out with his tranporter ?

Governments should do more to protect us from the robber barons.

Business should pay its share of the tax bill.
Define "its share"

They benefit from all the things that taxes provide.
Businesses don't pay taxes they just collect them, consumers (in the form of higher prices), employees (in the form of lower wages) and shareholders (in the form of lower returns) are the ones that pay them.

......and EVERYONE benefits from the output of businesses because through the act of voluntary exchange both parties receive something which is of greater value to them than the price paid (mutual profit) so just by being in business entrepreneurs return far greater value to society as a whole than does any government.

"it's share" is the same percentage of income/revenue as you do.
Businesses on average submit a larger percentage of income in taxes than do individuals (not to mention all the costs they incur due to the regulatory state) so nobody should be bitching about "its share" , in fact it's the businesses that should be bitching about submitting MORE than "its share"; which is what they are doing by packing their shit and going off to friendlier shores, might be time for some people to take the hint.

Businesses DO pay taxes on income from selling a product or service. The collecting would be sales tax.
Er.. no they don't , the taxes that business submit is a pass through which comes out of consumers (higher prices), employees (lower wages) and shareholders (lower returns) pockets; to business the taxes are a COST and they don't just eat that cost, they have to pass it along; remove all the taxes that businesses submit and all three of the aforementioned groups would benefit.

Corporations are like men around teenage girls, never trust a one (either of the actually). They all have very bad habits, which they make no apologies for, and being amoral is just one of them

My LLCs exist to make money. Doing good is incidental, by law not allowed actually if you have shareholders. Unless you can prove your charity is good for business, the profits belong to the shareholders. See: Ford v. Dodge.

Businesses don't have to sit still and let Democrats shit on them, they flip the Democrats the bird and move to other countries who are eager to have them and appreciate them.

Businesses don't have to sit still and let Democrats shit on them, they flip the Democrats the bird and move to other countries who are eager to have them and appreciate them.
They flip everyone the bird, in case you hadn't noticed. This isn't new, corporations are not patriotic, one of their downsides.

Keep taxing them and regulating them.....they'll keep moving out of the country. They are corporations and their responsibility is the bottom line

Exactly, and when they dont care about the Nation that helped them along the way we have a problem because by their very nature they are only out for themselves.

So why defend them when their mission is to get as much as they can even if its on your back?

I invest in them, I was smart enough to join the game, you can't beat them so don't try

There you have it, the same mentality as the corporations. Get money, America? Meh

I take it you don't have a retirement savings plan or anything that invests in stocks towards your retirement? Millions of responsible Americans do.

They flip everyone the bird, in case you hadn't noticed. This isn't new, corporations are not patriotic, one of their downsides.

You are not patriotic if you are not willing to be shit on, demonized, and scapegoated by the left?

Then you wonder why you have zilch and want to be taken care of

You are not patriotic if you are not willing to be shit on, demonized, and scapegoated by the left?
You are not patriotic if you are...........................................................................................not patriot, like making a very large profit being based here but avoiding the US taxes that pay for what made that possible in the first goddamned place.

Then you wonder why you have zilch and want to be taken care of

I dont wonder that because I have stuff. That doesnt address the issue that Corporations are not designed to look out for Americans. So Americans defending them doesnt make sense. Its actually counter productive.

But if you want to make this about me and you personally, thats too easy...childs play

You let corporate america shit on you all the time.
You just don't know it.
It should be obvious now by the stench but it seems not.

Corporate officers have a fiduciary responsibility to maximize shareholder value. That is their job.

Drop corporate tax rates to 15% with a 5% effective minimum and watch the flood of repatriated and foreign investments begin.
Drop the rate all you like, they don't fucking pay it anyway, obviously.

Corporate officers have a fiduciary responsibility to maximize shareholder value. That is their job.

Drop corporate tax rates to 15% with a 5% effective minimum and watch the flood of repatriated and foreign investments begin.
Drop the rate all you like, they don't fucking pay it anyway, obviously.
True, corporations don't pay taxes.

:rolleyes-41:

You let corporate america shit on you all the time.
You just don't know it.
It should be obvious now by the stench but it seems not.

Ahahaha a corporation pays me gobs of money enough to live the good life. Plus two retirement funds one 100% funded by the corporation, health, dental, eye, maternity leave, short and long term disability, and loads more benefits our employee benefits document is 30 pages long! :laugh:

yep. So go ahead and vote for another establishment. So NOTHING will REALLY change.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/26/b...porate-migrants-seeking-tax-shelter.html?_r=1

Fucking bastards. I hope the Trump administration gives them ALL 6 months to get their asses back here and hire Americans or the tariffs on their products will put them out of business ASAP
I have horrible news for you, hack.

Obama didn't establish the current corporate tax rate.

The 1994 Congress and Bill Clinton did.

Did you notice your link starts with a story from 2008? Bush and the Bush Congress never changed the corporate tax rate, either.
Well what do you expect the gop congress to do? I mean you think they should find some compromise with Obama to lower corporate rates, like said he wanted, and find a way to tax profits from overseas that doesn't encourage relocation? I mean we elected these guys to not compromise and kick everything down the road till 2017 when we have the WH AND congress!

Forum List

Back