Wave of corporations leaving US

Businesses on average submit a larger percentage of income in taxes than do individuals (not to mention all the costs they incur due to the regulatory state) so nobody should be bitching about "its share" , in fact it's the businesses that should be bitching about submitting MORE than "its share"; which is what they are doing by packing their shit and going off to friendlier shores, might be time for some people to take the hint.

Let's see if you are right.

In 2015, WalMart (the public side) made 485B, ALL income tax expense was $8B, that means that Walmart paid 2% in ALL taxes. What percentage did you pay? I guarantee it is more.
That's ONE business and it's a large one, go look at the taxes paid by all businesses in the U.S. small, medium and large and get back to me and while you're doing that factor in the reality that nearly half of Americans pay net zero federal income taxes.

Er.. no they don't , the taxes that business submit is a pass through which comes out of consumers (higher prices), employees (lower wages) and shareholders (lower returns) pockets; to business the taxes are a COST and they don't just eat that cost, they have to pass it along; remove all the taxes that businesses submit and all three of the aforementioned groups would benefit.
Wouldn't an employer be a 'pass through?'
That's what I said, businesses which are generally speaking "employers".

Businesses would still leave if they had zero taxes and zero regulations. Why would they come back when they can pay some worker overseas basically zero to make the product when they might be expected to pay a decent wage here? They see slave wages as the way to go.

Corporate officers have a fiduciary responsibility to maximize shareholder value. That is their job.

Drop corporate tax rates to 15% with a 5% effective minimum and watch the flood of repatriated and foreign investments begin.

WalMart paid 2% on revenue in 2015. What makes you think that they'd go for a tax increase?
It wouldn't be their choice to make.

Corporate officers have a fiduciary responsibility to maximize shareholder value. That is their job.

Drop corporate tax rates to 15% with a 5% effective minimum and watch the flood of repatriated and foreign investments begin.
Drop the rate all you like, they don't fucking pay it anyway, obviously.
True, corporations don't pay taxes.

Under your logic, neither do employees since they're employer gave them the monies.
I have no idea what that means. And I was being sarcastic.

By the way, Time magazine puts Wal Mart's effective tax rate at 29%: Find Out If Your Tax Rate Is Higher Than Walmart's

Other sources say 32%: Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (WMT) | Income Taxes

Last edited:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/26/b...porate-migrants-seeking-tax-shelter.html?_r=1

Fucking bastards. I hope the Trump administration gives them ALL 6 months to get their asses back here and hire Americans or the tariffs on their products will put them out of business ASAP

Yeah, I'm sure he'll tell them "Get back here, or else!" And then do nothing when he realizes he has no else.
They may struggle to get over his wall.

I think the plan is to use the Mexican drug tunnels to go chase after them.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/26/b...porate-migrants-seeking-tax-shelter.html?_r=1

Fucking bastards. I hope the Trump administration gives them ALL 6 months to get their asses back here and hire Americans or the tariffs on their products will put them out of business ASAP

Yeah, I'm sure he'll tell them "Get back here, or else!" And then do nothing when he realizes he has no else.
They may struggle to get over his wall.

I think the plan is to use the Mexican drug tunnels to go chase after them.
Tidy.

Keep taxing them and regulating them.....they'll keep moving out of the country. They are corporations and their responsibility is the bottom line
Wait till Trump becomes president. EVERYONE must pay taxes don't like it? Don't own a business. These companies are TRAITORS to the US and its citizens they have no problem sending their crap back here to make a profit but they aren't good enough to pay taxes on that profit here.

They could stay here and not make a profit because of taxes and regulations. Then they go out of business and a lot of Americans are out of a job.

Businesses on average submit a larger percentage of income in taxes than do individuals (not to mention all the costs they incur due to the regulatory state) so nobody should be bitching about "its share" , in fact it's the businesses that should be bitching about submitting MORE than "its share"; which is what they are doing by packing their shit and going off to friendlier shores, might be time for some people to take the hint.

Let's see if you are right.

In 2015, WalMart (the public side) made 485B, ALL income tax expense was $8B, that means that Walmart paid 2% in ALL taxes. What percentage did you pay? I guarantee it is more.
That's ONE business and it's a large one, go look at the taxes paid by all businesses in the U.S. small, medium and large and get back to me and while you're doing that factor in the reality that nearly half of Americans pay net zero federal income taxes.

Er.. no they don't , the taxes that business submit is a pass through which comes out of consumers (higher prices), employees (lower wages) and shareholders (lower returns) pockets; to business the taxes are a COST and they don't just eat that cost, they have to pass it along; remove all the taxes that businesses submit and all three of the aforementioned groups would benefit.
Wouldn't an employer be a 'pass through?'
That's what I said, businesses which are generally speaking "employers".

Name one business that pays more federal tax percentage income/revenue that you? Good luck!

There are some people who's income is so low that they don't pay federal tax. Thus the reason that we need a living wage.

You believe that an employer is a 'pass through' for paying taxes? You must also believe that any monies paid by an employer still belong to the employer.

WalMart paid 2% on revenue in 2015. What makes you think that they'd go for a tax increase?

I like my plan better. All employees as well as WalMart would prosper.

-Base Federal tax for corporations at 30% of revenue.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2015 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with 500 employees or less, employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2015 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

My plan would reduce small business costs for employees and taxes to 30%. That's a 15%-30% drop.

My plan would put BILLIONS into the economy daily.

My plan would put the $100 trillion plus currently owned by corporate America back into the economy.

My plan would end all welfare.

My plan would significantly increase social security and pension payments.

My plan would hold prices for 10 years, thus eliminating inflation.

Drop the rate all you like, they don't fucking pay it anyway, obviously.
True, corporations don't pay taxes.

Under your logic, neither do employees since they're employer gave them the monies.
I have no idea what that means. And I was being sarcastic.

By the way, Time magazine puts Wal Mart's effective tax rate at 29%: Find Out If Your Tax Rate Is Higher Than Walmart's

Other sources say 32%: Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (WMT) | Income Taxes

WalMart paid 29% to 32% effective tax and made $16B net. Pretty good trick.

Sarcasm aside, I just proved in solid documented numbers that WalMart payed less percentage of income/revenue of ALL taxes than you paid in federal tax.

The belief that U.S. corporations pay an exorbitant amount of taxes is complete bullshit.

They could stay here and not make a profit because of taxes and regulations. Then they go out of business and a lot of Americans are out of a job.

Who isn't making a profit? The ONLY taxpayers that are getting screwed are the middle class because they aren't making enough income.

I like my plan better. All employees as well as WalMart would prosper.

-Base Federal tax for corporations at 30% of revenue.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2015 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with 500 employees or less, employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2015 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

My plan would reduce small business costs for employees and taxes to 30%. That's a 15%-30% drop.

My plan would put BILLIONS into the economy daily.

My plan would put the $100 trillion plus currently owned by corporate America back into the economy.

My plan would end all welfare.

My plan would significantly increase social security and pension payments.

My plan would hold prices for 10 years, thus eliminating inflation.
Holy crap.

- Taxes at 30% of revenue?
- Cost and price freezes for ten years?
- More than double MW?
- Disallow offshore investments?
- Disallow write-offs?

Well.

You would certainly get plenty of thank you cards, from other countries' business development folks.

Why wouldn't you just simplify all these restrictions by going with government ownership of production & distribution?

Forum List

Back