We can't compromise! We can't collaborate! We can't cooperate!

If I have to defend my advocacy of collaboration and innovation, we're even worse off than I thought.

But that's okay. I'm sure you and your tribe have all the answers, and once you "beat" the other "side", we'll be fine.

Cool! Looking forward to it! Thanks!

You say "collaborating" I say "Quisling"...

But if you had a better example than the founding fathers who refused to compromise with a relatively benign Parliamentary government, but totally gave in on the whole "All Men Are Created Equal" thing by declaring blacks 3/5th of a white person.

Oh, Mac is up to four points whining about how the Left doesn't agree with him.

Neither the founders, nor the U.S. Constitution declared a single thing about Blacks. The 3/5 determination, related to slaves, and was a compromise between the Northern states and the Southern states over how to count slaves in determining the number of representatives that the state was entitled to.

This Country is more united than I can ever remember. Partisans dont like each other? Oh thats new!

Go outside.
Look at statistics, not a conglomerate of news stories.

People are awesome.
th

All thanks to Trump.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

The only people you can compromise with are those you have common views on
You can't collaborate with people who hate what you stand for
You can't cooperate with people who hate your very existence.
The two ends are choosing to hate each other. No one is making this happen.

So we may need each of them to get their shit together before asking them to work together.
I don't want to work with them because we have nothing in common and calling yourself an American doesn't make that something in common.
Well, that's the problem. The people who are willing to collaborate will be the people who end up improving things.
Nope, the change will go to the last person standing.
Do you feel that your way of doing things is the only way to get them done properly?
I like beer you don't we want to start a business together but you refuse to allow beer in it. how long would we be in business together?

The two ends are choosing to hate each other. No one is making this happen.

So we may need each of them to get their shit together before asking them to work together.
I don't want to work with them because we have nothing in common and calling yourself an American doesn't make that something in common.
Well, that's the problem. The people who are willing to collaborate will be the people who end up improving things.
Do you feel that your way of doing things is the only way to get them done properly?
I like beer you don't we want to start a business together but you refuse to allow beer in it. how long would we be in business together?
Well, in the real world, we don't start the business together.

Also, that is a binary choice. The only real binary choice of the major issues is abortion. The rest exist on a continuum.

Also, that is a binary choice. The only real binary choice of the major issues is abortion. The rest exist on a continuum.
oh so you wouldn't compromise to do that? got it.
So it's your way or the highway.

If you think collaboration and innovation aren't positives, there's nothing I can say to change your mind.

You think you and your tribe have all the answers. I think the best answers sometimes come from communication and collaboration.

If you think collaboration and innovation aren't positives, there's nothing I can say to change your mind.

You think you and your tribe have all the answers. I think the best answers sometimes come from communication and collaboration.
your lose after all it's your way or the highway

Huh?

Huh?
your refusal to go into business that would benefit you.

Huh?
You're still stuck on that. If you think that's an excuse to avoid collaborating on this country's issues, run with it.

Massive debt and unneeded legislation comes from collaboration.
Why do we need new laws constantly passed? We have more than enough laws to govern our nation.

Gridlock is good imo

Huh?
You're still stuck on that. If you think that's an excuse to avoid collaborating on this country's issues, run with it.
Nope I fvcking refuse to give liberals anything they have been given enough.

Huh?
it's more a refusal to go into business with you i believe.

Huh?
it's more a refusal to go into business with you i believe.
It's all about business even the country.

I'm sure glad these guys didn't say what today's parties are saying.
Constitutional-Convention.jpg
Actually....it kind of is. I think I remember from reading history, that they were vociferous, belligerent, fighting over contentious issues....and name calling.

Sometimes it means just not getting what you want. Maybe you're just wrong on some things, and the other guys will be proven right.

Or maybe by working together we'll come up with new approaches. It sure works in the business world. Innovation.

But we get nowhere if the goal is to beat the other side. Then it becomes party over country.

When the other side is throwing kids into concentration camps and thinks that's okay, where are we supposed to find "new approaches' on that, exactly?

^^^ a filthy lie. You see now why there can be no compromise with liberals they are despicable liars.
You posted a cogent response which pointed out an ignorance of history by the OP....and his response was to mock it and dismiss it instead of fleshing out the disagreements therein.

And yet, he wants to complain that folks dont flesh out their differences like adults.

See through Mac does it again.

You got it wrong. The only explanation is that he struck a nerve!!!
Yep.

If I have to defend my advocacy of collaboration and innovation, we're even worse off than I thought.

But that's okay. I'm sure you and your tribe have all the answers, and once you "beat" the other "side", we'll be fine.

You claimed the founders advocated collaboration and tolerance when in fact they tarred and feathered people who disagreed with them, your OP was obliterated.

I'm sure glad these guys didn't say what today's parties are saying.
Constitutional-Convention.jpg
Actually....it kind of is. I think I remember from reading history, that they were vociferous, belligerent, fighting over contentious issues....and name calling.
Ultimately, they created something pretty special.

Do you see that happening now?

When the other side is throwing kids into concentration camps and thinks that's okay, where are we supposed to find "new approaches' on that, exactly?

^^^ a filthy lie. You see now why there can be no compromise with liberals they are despicable liars.
You posted a cogent response which pointed out an ignorance of history by the OP....and his response was to mock it and dismiss it instead of fleshing out the disagreements therein.

And yet, he wants to complain that folks dont flesh out their differences like adults.

See through Mac does it again.

You got it wrong. The only explanation is that he struck a nerve!!!
Yep.

You claimed the founders advocated collaboration and tolerance when in fact they tarred and feathered people who disagreed with them, your OP was obliterated.
No, I claimed that I advocate for collaboration and tolerance.

Your attempt to advocate for the opposite is obliterated.

Forum List

Back