We could eliminate unemployment and reduce the debt

The question is: Are we sacrificing job creation because our politicians refuse to promote cheap energy?

The same thing we got out of the wars Obama started.
Which is nothing!

We pay $4 trillion dollars and get nothing in return.

You don't get to be a one percenter if you think that shit is okay. Yet I don't see you bitching about it.

You don't know a single thing about me ass hole. I'm not a proponent of any of these ME wars we have been engaging in. I'm not a fan of the War Hawk republicans any more than I'm a fan of Obama.

Further, BUSH is not the current president you fool. Railing about Bush's lousy performance as president will do what?

My politics lean Constitutional Conservative in the classical sense, sans the due process clause of the 14th amendment and the personal income tax 16th amendment.

Last edited:
Cut the defense budget in half and use the money to rebuild our infrastructure.

Offer tax incentives for companies to manufacture in the US and penalize company's manufacturing in other country's and selling their products here.

Outlaw outsourcing to the Free Trader traitors. "If a corporation is a person, why hasn't Texas executed one?"

We should quit listening to their lie that they are forced to commit economic treason to stay competitive. They do not have a right to the greatest profit possible. They would still make decent profits by paying American wages. That's all we should allow them. This is a social contract; it's not all for them. Their abuse of property rights means they must forfeit their property if they continue to insist on their supremacy.

Offer tax incentives for companies to manufacture in the US and penalize company's manufacturing in other country's and selling their products here.

Outlaw outsourcing to the Free Trader traitors. "If a corporation is a person, why hasn't Texas executed one?"

We should quit listening to their lie that they are forced to commit economic treason to stay competitive. They do not have a right to the greatest profit possible. They would still make decent profits by paying American wages. That's all we should allow them. This is a social contract; it's not all for them. Their abuse of property rights means they must forfeit their property if they continue to insist on their supremacy.

Ayup sending tax dollars and jobs to canada, europe, south america, asia... WTF? We have over 25% of our nation out of work and we are sending our tax dollars and jobs off shore. INSANITY

Tell you want..

Have Congress fund only the items enumerated in the Consitutiton as being the responsibility of the Federal Government and we would be in good shape.

Without looking again, I believe there were 21 items listed as being the Responsibilty of the Federal Government.. everything else was to be left to the States and the People.

Edit...

I went back and looked.. There are 17 areas..

U.S. Constitution - Article 1 Section 8

Article 1 - The Legislative Branch

Section 8 - Powers of Congress

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

To establish Post Offices and Post Roads;

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;

To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offenses against the Law of Nations;

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings; And

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

Go back to 18th Century Philadelphia where you belong. The next time you write a document behind closed doors, we'll lock you in and let you have your anti-democratic masturbation party until you all go blind.

If they can't be competitive, then they got no business competing.

Tell you want..

Have Congress fund only the items enumerated in the Consitutiton as being the responsibility of the Federal Government and we would be in good shape.

Without looking again, I believe there were 21 items listed as being the Responsibilty of the Federal Government.. everything else was to be left to the States and the People.

Edit...

I went back and looked.. There are 17 areas..

U.S. Constitution - Article 1 Section 8

Article 1 - The Legislative Branch

Section 8 - Powers of Congress

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

To establish Post Offices and Post Roads;

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;

To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offenses against the Law of Nations;

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings; And

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.
And here is my point.
provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers
Whatever maintains the general welfare of the country, it's Congress job to ensure it.

If the Framers wanted states to have more rights, they would've kept more of the Articles of Condederation. But they didn't. Because they wanted a strong central government to keep this new country they created together.

Do they use infrastructure?

What progressives want to do is get a free happy meal at Mickey D's while others pay 5 bucks and still others pay 15.

Sorry! Everyone is free to use infrastructure and those of us paying in get a far smaller piece of the pie in return for our tax dollars.
What did we get in return for the $4 trillion we paid out for the Iraq war?

What do you mean? Halliburton made out like bandits. You're just jealous because you don't own hundreds of thousands of shares in Halliburton and the MI Complex.

Do they use infrastructure?

What progressives want to do is get a free happy meal at Mickey D's while others pay 5 bucks and still others pay 15.

Sorry! Everyone is free to use infrastructure and those of us paying in get a far smaller piece of the pie in return for our tax dollars.
What did we get in return for the $4 trillion we paid out for the Iraq war?

We put a lot of people to work and removed a ruthless dictator from power. Other than that, not much.
What do we get in return for the 15 trillion we've spent on the War on Poverty except more people in poverty?

Too funny. You've addressed opinions regarding Obama, the Constitutional, the military and ........ Seems my question was too difficult:

Are we sacrificing job creation because our politicians refuse to promote cheap energy?

Who's not promoting cheap energy and affordable labor? Alabama sure as hell is. That's why Mercedes, Toyota BMW, Hundai and AirBus all are building or have built plants here.

Cheap energy is only half of the equation. Natural gas is just as cheap in Michigan as it is in Alabama. Why do you suppose Mercedes chose AL?

We put a lot of people to work and removed a ruthless dictator from power. Other than that, not much.
What do we get in return for the 15 trillion we've spent on the War on Poverty except more people in poverty?
A ruthless dictator we created and the only people put to work, were those tied to the defense industry, not average American's. We didn't get shit, except a trashed economy.

Who's not promoting cheap energy and affordable labor? Alabama sure as hell is. That's why Mercedes, Toyota BMW, Hundai and AirBus all are building or have built plants here.

Cheap energy is only half of the equation. Natural gas is just as cheap in Michigan as it is in Alabama. Why do you suppose Mercedes chose AL?

I definitely agree. That is why I said earlier in the thread that cheap energy coupled with tax incentives is a powerful draw.

I definitely agree. That is why I said earlier in the thread that cheap energy coupled with tax incentives is a powerful draw.

Sadly, more effort by the federal government, as well as other states hasn't been as evident. Alabama has definitely shown what can be accomplished with a little effort.

A ruthless dictator we created and the only people put to work, were those tied to the defense industry, not average American's. We didn't get shit, except a trashed economy.

How was our economy towards the end of 2006? What changed between then and obama's inauguration?

It is along with fair labor laws. Mercedes would not be building cars in Alabama if they had to pay for UAW benefits.

Would AirBus be spending billions here if they had to hire International Association of Machinists & Aerospace Workers members?

Tax incentives are normally temporary to assist with construction and related costs. Labor costs are permanent.

It is along with fair labor laws. Mercedes would not be building cars in Alabama if they had to pay for UAW benefits.

Would AirBus be spending billions here if they had to hire International Association of Machinists & Aerospace Workers members?

Tax incentives are normally temporary to assist with construction and related costs. Labor costs are permanent.

You are right. The fact is that conditions can be offered to incite manufacturing to be brought back to the US. Despite talk of creating jobs, the political effort to do so is limited. Obama speaks highly of creating green jobs but seems indifferent to the kinds of efforts made by Alabama for instance. My take is that if its not green they don't want the jobs.

What do you mean? Halliburton made out like bandits. You're just jealous because you don't own hundreds of thousands of shares in Halliburton and the MI Complex.
Yeah, but I did work for Fluor Corp. for 4 years.

Does that count?

Workers are non-entities. Only owners count! If you didn't own at least 100,000 shares in Fluor, you get flushed.

Forum List

Back