We develop the vaccine and the UK gets it first? Wtf

because we have different standards/protocols/regulations in regards to pharmaceutical market approval.
IOW a bigger bureaucracy and more red tape

'eh.... remember phen/fen?

i'd rather be cautious, than not.

We gain no additional safety from the bureaucracy.

tell that to the victims of phen/fen.

Which was still passed by the FDA

well duh. thanx for making my point... phen/fen was fast tracked because it was marketed as a weight loss product & the FDA knew it was a money maker... i would think they are more cautious now; or at least try to appear to be.

vaccines and weight loss pills have nothing in common.

We have been making vaccines for decades now

i never said they had anything in common. however money makers have a bigley incentive to get stuff on the market.

the method for the covid vaccine is relatively new as opposed to the old way of development.

CNN - "despite what orange man bad said, pfizer was not part of operation warp speed"
pfizer - "yes we were"
playtime - "but CNN said.... "
"derpy derp derp. dont pull out CNN. PLEASE DONT"

gotta make up shit so you don't sound as poorly educated as you are?

where did i say anything about CNN? i don't even have cable you dumbfuck...
Its a bird!
Its a plane!
Its TNHarleys point!
keep trying to save face over something silly, boo.
:lol:

^^^ projection at it's finest ^^^

please find the post where i said anything about CNN?

i'm curious, dumbfuck - - - where exactly do YOU get YOUR news? where are you getting the facts about the pablum you spew about biden?

FOX? OANN? newsmax? c'mon - 'fess up.
You still dont understand my point :itsok:
Your point is rhetorically incorrect.

Trump wants to say they were part of Operation Warp Speed in the sense that Warp Speed assisted in the speed with which they developed the Vaccine.

They weren't.

They were part of Operation Warp Speed in the sense that they partnered with them to DISTRIBUTE the Vaccine.

Therein lies the conflation, and the confusion.

Trump wants the credit where he doesn't deserve it. Pfizer said umm, not so fast - but had to later clarify why they're a part of warp speed in a sense, but not the way the President is taking rhetorical credit for.
My point was pfizer was part of operation warp speed. Media said they werent, they said they were.
Pfizer got paid almost 2B dollars 6 months ago :dunno:

CNN - "despite what orange man bad said, pfizer was not part of operation warp speed"
pfizer - "yes we were"

Its a bird!
Its a plane!
Its TNHarleys point!

i'm curious, dumbfuck - - - where exactly do YOU get YOUR news? where are you getting the facts about the pablum you spew about biden?

Trump wants to say they were part of Operation Warp Speed in the sense that Warp Speed assisted in the speed with which they developed the Vaccine.

They weren't.

They were part of Operation Warp Speed in the sense that they partnered with them to DISTRIBUTE the Vaccine.

Trump wants the credit where he doesn't deserve it. Pfizer said umm, not so fast - but had to later clarify why they're a part of warp speed in a sense, but not the way the President is taking rhetorical credit for.

seems that TN traded in his critical thinking hat for a MAGA hat a long time ago.
And you want to insult me? lol
roughtime - "pfizer is not part of operation warp speed"
Pfizer - "Pfizer is proud to be one of various vaccine manufacturers participating in Operation Warp Speed as a supplier of a potential COVID-19 vaccine"
:dunno:

pfizer - "yes we were"

Its a bird!
Its a plane!
Its TNHarleys point!

They weren't.

My point was pfizer was part of operation warp speed. Media said they werent, they said they were.
The media wasn't wrong, because they were talking about the development. Warp Speed wasn't a part of this one, only in the "after" plan, i.e. purchasing viles and distributing them to the Country.

The 2b was for purchases, not development.

This should be enough to clear up anyone's confusion:

In July, Pfizer got a $1.95 billion deal with the government’s Operation Warp Speed, the multiagency effort to rush a vaccine to market, to deliver 100 million doses of the vaccine. The arrangement is an advance-purchase agreement, meaning that the company won’t get paid until they deliver the vaccines. Pfizer did not accept federal funding to help develop or manufacture the vaccine, unlike front-runners Moderna and AstraZeneca.

pfizer - "yes we were"

Its a bird!
Its a plane!
Its TNHarleys point!

They weren't.

The media wasn't wrong, because they were talking about the development. Warp Speed wasn't a part of this one, only in the "after" plan, i.e. purchasing viles and distributing them to the Country.

The development also included regulation slashes. We wouldnt have the pfizer vaccine yet if they werent part of OWS. So, yes, they were wrong.
They didnt receive funding for R & D. Other than that? They greatly benefited from it.

pfizer - "yes we were"

Its a bird!
Its a plane!
Its TNHarleys point!

They weren't.

The development also included regulation slashes. We wouldnt have the pfizer vaccine yet if they werent part of OWS. So, yes, they were wrong.
They didnt receive funding for R & D. Other than that? They greatly benefited from it.
Oh? Care to flesh that out in its exact form? I'd gladly take the L - I love learning new things and being wrong. Being wrong is a gift because it's one of the few ways to acquire knowledge. Go for it, run that down to Pfizer, specifically...

pfizer - "yes we were"

Its a bird!
Its a plane!
Its TNHarleys point!

They weren't.

Oh? Care to flesh that out in its exact form? I'd gladly take the L - I love learning new things and being wrong. Being wrong is a gift because it's one of the few ways to acquire knowledge. Go for it, run that down to Pfizer, specifically...
Sure.
Here is the agreement
pfizer-tdl.pdf (hhs.gov)
This article talks about how typical vaccine development and approval takes years. Because of regulations cut, it gave pfizer the path to already ask for emergency approval from the FDA.
PolitiFact | How Pfizer's and Moderna's COVID-19 vaccines are tied to Operation Warp Speed

Example : Raw materials. OWS gave pfizer the oppurtunity to seek raw materials from pretty much anyone.

pfizer - "yes we were"

Its a bird!
Its a plane!
Its TNHarleys point!

They weren't.

Sure.
Here is the agreement
pfizer-tdl.pdf (hhs.gov)
This article talks about how typical vaccine development and approval takes years. Because of regulations cut, it gave pfizer the path to already ask for emergency approval from the FDA.
PolitiFact | How Pfizer's and Moderna's COVID-19 vaccines are tied to Operation Warp Speed
Thanks for the link. From what I understood, the Approval comes after the development...and the UK already beat us to their approval of same vaccine.

pfizer - "yes we were"

Its a bird!
Its a plane!
Its TNHarleys point!

They weren't.

Sure.
Here is the agreement
pfizer-tdl.pdf (hhs.gov)
Thanks for the link. From what I understood, the Approval comes after the development...and the UK already beat us to their approval of same vaccine.
Yes. The UK fast tracked temporary approval for certain batches. Or something like that.

So to sum it up, our bureaucracy may end up costing lives or save lives. I suspect it will be the former.

And lol at anyone who thinks ANY of these companies didn't benefit from Trump's deregulation and fast tracking of this.

pfizer - "yes we were"

Its a bird!
Its a plane!
Its TNHarleys point!

They weren't.

seems that TN traded in his critical thinking hat for a MAGA hat a long time ago.
And you want to insult me? lol
roughtime - "pfizer is not part of operation warp speed"
Pfizer - "Pfizer is proud to be one of various vaccine manufacturers participating in Operation Warp Speed as a supplier of a potential COVID-19 vaccine"
:dunno:

lol ... they were part of OWS like a paper carrier is part of the newspaper biz'nez.

Britan bought 40 million doses from Pfizer and took delivery of them today.

This sure as fuck isn't America first
tRump is slow walking the pfizer vaccine because his buddy owns moderna.

donny bitched about the timing too - implying that pfizer deliberately withheld the vaccine until after the election.

what a fucking delusional man baby.

Forum List

Back