🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

We DO NOT have a problem with racist policing. We have a undertrained police problem.

The issues with cops isn't race. Too many of them have authority complexes. The problem is the hiring and training standards. When literally ANYONE without a criminal record can become a cop in less time than it takes a welder to get certified you have a problem.

CLEARLY there needs to be psychological and emotional stability testing done to weed out the ones who have bad attitudes.

Add to that, that many cops patrol the same beat day in and day out so they become numb, for lack of a better word, to the issues that certain communities face.

Bottom line IN MY OPINION is this isn't so much a race thing, obviously some exist, as it is VERY POOR hiring and screening standards. Couple that with poor pay for the hazards that are faced and you have found your underlying problem with the police force.

This is not to take anything away from the clear cultural problems in the inner city but that is a whole nother topic for a different thread.

A rare level-headed post by grumps. I guess the alcohol hasn't kicked in yet.

The issues with cops isn't race. Too many of them have authority complexes. The problem is the hiring and training standards. When literally ANYONE without a criminal record can become a cop in less time than it takes a welder to get certified you have a problem.

I agree 100%.

CLEARLY there needs to be psychological and emotional stability testing done to weed out the ones who have bad attitudes.

Add to that, that many cops patrol the same beat day in and day out so they become numb, for lack of a better word, to the issues that certain communities face.

Bottom line IN MY OPINION is this isn't so much a race thing, obviously some exist, as it is VERY POOR hiring and screening standards. Couple that with poor pay for the hazards that are faced and you have found your underlying problem with the police force.

This is not to take anything away from the clear cultural problems in the inner city but that is a whole nother topic for a different thread.
Doesn't pay enough for that.

I know it's not going to be what any of the blobbers want to hear because it flies into one of the thousands of conspiracy theories they all believe but it isn't just cops.... correctional officers get little training in real-world scenarios before they are dumped into the system.

In Texas--the largest system on the planet--
they are something like 900 officers down so one officer is often asked to work many hours of overtime.

the working conditions are laughably herrendous. Most prisons in the shithole aren't air-conditioned. One city in the shithole of shitholes (Beeville) has 4 prison campuses that have only a few buildings that are air conditioned. The heat index was 120 earlier this month:

This is why folks like Jeffrey Epstein was able to commit suicide in his cell. CO's are often "pencil whipping" their rounds instead of performing them. I know he was in the federal system but the situation is not much different there as far as staffing goes.

I think the issues are a combination of things depending on the department/jurisdiction, and I think racism is one of of those factors. But I do agree with you on hiring, screening and training.

I question though, the criticism on their patrolling the same beat, because it seems to me, that would also mean they get to know the people, who belongs, who doesn’t, who is a trouble maker and who is just a nuisance.

Forum List

Back