We Don’t Need No Freezing Sparky Cars

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Toyota’s U.S. press release seems clear, or at least the fine print on it does: the all-new 2023 BZ4X AWD might not charge on a DC fast-charger if ambient temperatures are below 32 degrees Fahrenheit, or 0 degrees Celsius.

Just think of it as a summer convertible for Sunday drives.
A $50,000 summer convertible for Sunday drives.

Slow charging does not equate to no charging. And it's not as if gasoline powered cars have no issues with cold weather.

Slow charging does not equate to no charging. And it's not as if gasoline powered cars have no issues with cold weather.
How would you know? You don't own an EV. Even you don't believe the BS you spew.

How would you know? You don't own an EV. Even you don't believe the BS you spew.
Does the linked article state that the charging stations will stop working completely? No.
Jesus man, how do you manage to get yourself out of bed in the morning? The fucking linked article reads: "The disclaimer regarding DC charging rates for bZ4X in colder temperatures was inaccurate and has been updated to the below, as well as on Toyota Newsroom. While it is still accurate that the charging rate for Front Wheel Drive (FWD) and All-Wheel Drive (AWD) BZ4X models may slow at temperatures below freezing, the additional detail on even colder temperatures for the BZ4X AWD model required additional clarification."

Does the linked article state that the charging stations will stop working completely? No.

Jesus man, how do you manage to get yourself out of bed in the morning? The fucking linked article reads: "The disclaimer regarding DC charging rates for bZ4X in colder temperatures was inaccurate and has been updated to the below, as well as on Toyota Newsroom. While it is still accurate that the charging rate for Front Wheel Drive (FWD) and All-Wheel Drive (AWD) BZ4X models may slow at temperatures below freezing, the additional detail on even colder temperatures for the BZ4X AWD model required additional clarification."
I'm more interested why you don't own an EV.

I think a better question is why you own three of them.
Actually the question is why do I own 5 ICE vehicles.

But I do own 7 lawn tools and 1 driver that are li-ion battery operated.

But that isn't a better question than why YOU who is a proponent of solar and EV's don't own any.

Toyota’s U.S. press release seems clear, or at least the fine print on it does: the all-new 2023 BZ4X AWD might not charge on a DC fast-charger if ambient temperatures are below 32 degrees Fahrenheit, or 0 degrees Celsius.

Just think of it as a summer convertible for Sunday drives.
A $50,000 summer convertible for Sunday drives.
Who was it that said you HAD to buy a Toyota BZ4X and a DC fast-charger? And who said that was, in fact, the only model of EV and charger available to people in northern Canada? No one. If you don't think it's a good car, don't buy it.

Who was it that said you HAD to buy a Toyota BZ4X and a DC fast-charger? And who said that was, in fact, the only model of EV and charger available to people in northern Canada? No one. If you don't think it's a good car, don't buy it.
All of them are pathetic pieces of crap.
I can and am driving across the nation.
You may as well be on a horse trying to keep up with me.

And it takes a real envirowhacko to think only Canada falls below 32 F in the winter, congrats Mr Science.

Owned a Volt, great car, charging in cold weather slows quite a bit and I could never get a full charge in the cold. It makes sense, heat is needed to charge.

Forum List

Back