We got exactly the kind of President we deserve

Sandy Shanks

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2018
Just minutes ago Jeffery Toobin of CNN fame said something very interesting. Obviously I am forced to paraphrase here, so be kind and I will try to be as accurate as I can be.

News commentators on CNN were discussing the many times Trump has lied or misled the American people. Toobin asked why should Trump change? He got elected acting the way he does.

I paused the television and thought about that. Toobin was right.

By November 8, 2016, voters knew Trump was a prolific liar. He even bragged about it in his biography, The Art of the Deal. He called it truthful hyperbole. Here is what he said about the euphemism for outright lying.

“The final key to the way I promote is bravado. I play to people’s fantasies. People may not always think big themselves, but they can still get very excited by those who do. That’s why a little hyperbole never hurts. People want to believe that something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular. I call it truthful hyperbole. It’s an innocent form of exaggeration—and a very effective form of promotion.”

Voters could see truthful hyperbole in play in nearly every speech, statement, and tweet Trump made during the Presidential campaign of 2016.

In addition to being a prolific liar, we knew from the Access Hollywood tapes that Trump was a sexual predator while married to the current First Lady. Voters heard Trump tell us in his own words about his sexual prowess with women. It was enough to make a Marine blush.

Voters also heard Trump ask for help from the Russian government. “Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” Trump said. “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

American voters were informed in October of 2016 that Russia was interfering in our Presidential election, and that WikiLeaks was acting as a conduit for the product of Russian hacking. American voters heard Trump praise WikiLeaks for the great job they were doing.

• October 10, 2016 in Wilkes-Barre, PA: "This just came out," Trump said. "WikiLeaks, I love WikiLeaks."
  • October 12, 2016 in Ocala, FL: "This WikiLeaks stuff is unbelievable," Trump said. "It tells you the inner heart, you gotta read it."
And so on, Trump repeated his unremitting praise of WikiLeaks during the remainder of the Presidential campaign.

In addition, Trump did nothing to hide his true character, a narcissistic, self-centered bigmouth. In fact, he made a point of everyone knowing that he was a narcissistic, self-centered bigmouth. He was proud of his overbearing characteristics. He was the ultimate alpha male.

Sixty-three million Americans thought Trump was a good choice for the President of the United States. Ninety million Americans stayed home on Election Day, and another ten million threw their vote away on a candidate who had no chance of winning, thinking they were protesting. No one listened to their protests as sixty-three million Americans cheered mightily as Trump won the election and became our President.

Toobin was right. Those sixty-three million Americans knew what they were getting, and to this day they are proud of their choice. Trump was exactly the kind of man they wanted as President. After all, they say so on this venue every day.

We got exactly the kind of President we deserve.

Last edited: 3 minutes ago

Notice those 30,000 missing emails never materialized?
Just minutes ago Jeffery Toobin of CNN fame said something very interesting. Obviously I am forced to paraphrase here, so be kind and I will try to be as accurate as I can be.

News commentators on CNN were discussing the many times Trump has lied or misled the American people. Toobin asked why should Trump change? He got elected acting the way he does.

By November 8, 2016, voters knew Trump was a prolific liar. He even bragged about it in his biography, The Art of the Deal. He called it truthful hyperbole. Here is what he said about the euphemism for outright lying.

“The final key to the way I promote is bravado. I play to people’s fantasies. People may not always think big themselves, but they can still get very excited by those who do. That’s why a little hyperbole never hurts. People want to believe that something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular. I call it truthful hyperbole. It’s an innocent form of exaggeration—and a very effective form of promotion.”

Voters could see truthful hyperbole in play in nearly every speech, statement, and tweet Trump made during the Presidential campaign of 2016.

In addition to being a prolific liar, we knew from the Access Hollywood tapes that Trump was a sexual predator while married to the current First Lady. Voters heard Trump tell us in his own words about his sexual prowess with women. It was enough to make a Marine blush.

Voters also heard Trump ask for help from the Russian government. “Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” Trump said. “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

American voters were informed in October of 2016 that Russia was interfering in our Presidential election, and that WikiLeaks was acting as a conduit for the product of Russian hacking. American voters heard Trump praise WikiLeaks for the great job they were doing.

• October 10, 2016 in Wilkes-Barre, PA: "This just came out," Trump said. "WikiLeaks, I love WikiLeaks."
  • October 12, 2016 in Ocala, FL: "This WikiLeaks stuff is unbelievable," Trump said. "It tells you the inner heart, you gotta read it."
And so on, Trump repeated his unremitting praise of WikiLeaks during the remainder of the Presidential campaign.

In addition, Trump did nothing to hide his true character, a narcissistic, self-centered bigmouth. In fact, he made a point of everyone knowing that he was a narcissistic, self-centered bigmouth. He was proud of his overbearing characteristics. He was the ultimate alpha male.

Sixty-three million Americans thought Trump was a good choice for the President of the United States. Ninety million Americans stayed home on Election Day, and another ten million threw their vote away on a candidate who had no chance of winning, thinking they were protesting. No one listened to their protests as sixty-three million Americans cheered mightily as Trump won the election and became our President.

Toobin was right. Those sixty-three million Americans knew what they were getting, and to this day they are proud of their choice. Trump was exactly the kind of man they wanted as President. After all, they say so on this venue every day.

a lot of people voted for him because they hated hillary so much, they would rather have putin's bitch in the whitehouse.

That’s 33,000 reasons Trump is better than Obama and Clinton combined.

Notice those 30,000 missing emails never materialized?

100% correct.

Voter apathy is at an all time high. And most who do vote are not as informed as they should be. Me included.

This topic is so laughable.

First you say that Trump lies constantly, and then bring up that Access Hollywood tape. In the mind of a leftist, Trump lies all the time except when he (in that ten year old tape) bragged about all those things of women he encountered. There was no possible way of him lying then......huh?

What voters heard with Trump's statement to the Russians is what all normal people heard--a joke. A simple joke. And when was the last time the federal government went into such an extensive investigation (now at the price of 25 million so far) over a stupid Fn joke?

Now can you name me one presidential candidate that never lied? Everybody will have affordable quality healthcare insurance? If you want your doctor, you can keep your doctor? I never had sex with that woman.......MZ Lewinsky?

It's not surprising that you concentrate on how many lies instead of what the lies were.

a lot of people voted for him because they hated hillary so much, they would rather have putin's bitch in the whitehouse.
And who could blame them.

every patriotic american.
161109-clinton-camp-election-01.jpg

Actually, we got the POTUS we NEEDED. Big difference.

Forum List

Back