We need global tax laws!

Yes, that is a good plan if you want to kill off the parts of the economy that have managed to limp through the Obama Era.
Parts of the economy started getting killed off when we stopped enforcing anti-trust laws.

We need to lower the US tax burden for corporations, they still pay the highest effective rate in the world, tough for them to compete in that arena when they are at a disadvantage. Most countries tax lower rates on corporations and the have national health care and the highest individual tax rates? Why don't you want to follow Europe's lead?

Again, a UN tax would go to other countries and we would get nothing.
We need to raise the tax on capital gains and dividends to 35%. Corporations are paying less tax in the last 60 years. They're not paying what they should be paying and we need to go after that money.

BTW, corporations are sitting on $6 trillion dollars in profits. That's pretty competitive.

You need to sit down and shut up.

Just like our policies with terrorists, we need to make sure there is no "safe haven" for corporate tax dodgers.

We need a global organization like the United Nations to administer a global tax on corporations that try to off-shore their profits to other country's. Just like the UN Charter, we need a global charter on taxation of corporate profits. So no matter where they go, they will still get taxed for that money. And it should be an international rate that they can't loophole down into a negative tax refund.

This is a joke, right?

Sarcasm is hard to tell on the Internet sometimes.

this is a discussion board. You have no 1A rights here.

You also need to quit wasting people's time spouting off about stuff you have no idea of.
I have the right to post my opinion in all but one forum on this board.

And you need to prove I have no idea, if you expect that claim to be treated as a fact.

Until then, it's just your opinion and I have no intention of arguing against that.

You're free to believe whatever you want to believe.

This is a joke, right?

Sarcasm is hard to tell on the Internet sometimes.
That ones no joke, I'm dead serious.

Why in God's name would we cede taxation sovereignty to any international body?

That would have as much chance as passing a law forcing everyone in America to speak French.

Besides, closing international loopholes can be mostly done through Congress. As you can tell, it hasn't been particularly popular in Congress.

FTR I think we should close those loopholes and lower the corporate tax rate to 15%-20%.

We need global tax laws!

No we don't.

liberals lack the IQ to know that the more taxes they pay the higher the prices they must charge us. Is this what we want? A corporation is not a tax payer it is a tax collector.

The smart tax policy is to eliminate corporate tax together so prices come down and jobs in America go up. Way over a liberal's head -right?

We don't have the corporate tax to collect revenue, but to pander to pure idiot liberal Marxists who think they are punishing the saintly corporations that provide our jobs and the products that got us from the stone age to here.

That would have as much chance as passing a law forcing everyone in America to speak French.
I am in favor of a law that would forbid people to vote unless they can pass a test in understanding at least two foreign languages.

B'loney. Both types pay taxes, directly, additively, and indirectly.

I am in favor of a law that would forbid people to vote unless they can pass a test in understanding at least two foreign languages.
Racist.
You have demonstrated that you do not even understand the English language.

You could correctly call me an "educationist", but not a "racist".

They already pay taxes. They just don't pay them twice.
First off, they only pay 12%. They don't pay any on the profits they off-shore. And depending on how their corporation is filed, (Type C or Type S), one of those doesn't pay twice.

China 25%, USA 35%, The majority of Europe is 24%, Bahamas has no corporate tax but multinationals pay between 5 and 15 percent through other taxes, same go's for Bermuda and with their taxes you get that 12% number you like to spout out. Cayman Islands is 13%, Malaysia 17 to 29 percent, and I can go on and on.

The point remains, manufacturers pay a lot in taxes. Your financial companies pay very little. I wonder why they can get away with it?:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back