We need new political parties

eagle7-31

Diamond Member
Mar 24, 2020

the 2 present ones are owned by inside DC lobbyists for the most part and playing footsie with the CCP among others,

the 2 present ones are owned by inside DC lobbyists for the most part and playing footsie with the CCP among others,
And you think that would be different with two other parties?

Add 100 new political parties and they will be bought also.

No, we need trump back to clean up everything. He couldn't be bought, that's why he is hated so much and why they are truly desperate to keep him from the white house again.

He didn't play ball with the world economic forum, he didn't play ball with china. He didn't play ball with the Paris climate scare frenzy group and so on.

The ones you have are shit.

No, we need to abolish parties completely. MAKE the public get informed on each candidate. That stops straight party voting which is what the lazy do since they're oblivious to the issues

Add 100 new political parties and they will be bought also.

No, we need trump back to clean up everything. He couldn't be bought, that's why he is hated so much and why they are truly desperate to keep him from the white house again.

He didn't play ball with the world economic forum, he didn't play ball with china. He didn't play ball with the Paris climate scare frenzy group and so on.
He did play ball with Putin, he did play ball with Kim Jong Un, he makes money playing with China. WTF are you talking about. You can't clean up anything when you are dirty as hell.

No, we need to abolish parties completely. MAKE the public get informed on each candidate. That stops straight party voting which is what the lazy do since they're oblivious to the issues
While your statement has merit, I fear there is no way to MAKE the public get informed. Voter registration isn't that high and even those currently registered don't bother to get informed, but let their party of their favorite biased news source tell them who to vote for.

While I would tend to trust the 2020 election, is it only because I think more evidence of anything widespread would have come out by now.
Cheating is getting much easier, not harder.

For example, there is absolutely no reason at all for the use of electronic voting machines.
They not only could easily be preprogrammed to change votes, but hide ballots.
And they also are easily hacked on the fly, through wifi, USB, or ethernet.

The trouble with mail in ballots is that spouses, landlords, elderly facilities, etc., can coerce or defraud easily.

And it clearly is illegal to prevent the 40 million ex-felons from voting.
That is "taxation without representation", which is clearly illegal.

Elections are not currently all that good or "free".
All we have to do is remember the Florida election of 2000 to be reminded of how bad they can easily be.

And clearly the bogus impeachments, indictments, etc., were an attempt to totally prevent elections any more, as we used to know them.

The first solution probably is to get rid of all political parties, since they have no legal place in our political system.

I needed to see that repeated, as often as possible. Political parties play no legal role in our system.

The only way that's going to happen is if we stop voting for the existing parties. And most voters are too chickenshit to do that.

He did play ball with Putin, he did play ball with Kim Jong Un, he makes money playing with China. WTF are you talking about. You can't clean up anything when you are dirty as hell.

Playing ball with Putin, Kim Jong Un, etc. is the correct way to get any concessions at all.
What Biden did with this war in the Ukraine will hurt the US for decades, and accomplish nothing but wasting money and lives.
With China, Trump never got a chance.
We need a trade war with China, and that requires the cooperation of Congress.

I needed to see that repeated, as often as possible. Political parties play no legal role in our system.
Indeed. There's no need to abolish parties, but they should have zero help from government - they should run their own primaries and nomination process with no sponsorship or help from the state.

While your statement has merit, I fear there is no way to MAKE the public get informed. Voter registration isn't that high and even those currently registered don't bother to get informed, but let their party of their favorite biased news source tell them who to vote for.

That is better than the lies and bribes by the parties now.
A parliamentarian system with coalitions necessary in order to appoint a prime minister, likely makes more sense than the opposition we have now between executive and legislative, and a totally corrupt judiciary.

Indeed. There's no need to abolish parties, but they should have zero help from government - they should run their own primaries and nomination process with no sponsorship or help from the state.

If you require open primaries, then parties are essentially abolished.
It is clear to me that Bernie Sanders was vastly more popular than Hillary in 2016, and then Trump would never have become an issue.
Trump happened because both parties failed us, and people had to look for an outsider.

One thing we should get over is this blanket presumption that everyone should vote. Instead of casting it as a moral responsibility for everybody, the message should be: "If you haven't educated yourself on the issues and candidates, please stay home on election day!"

Last edited:
If you require open primaries, then parties are essentially abolished.
That takes it a step too far in my book. Any party should be able to nominate any candidate via any process they choose. The state shouldn't dictate how they go about it.
It is clear to me that Bernie Sanders was vastly more popular than Hillary in 2016, and then Trump would never have become an issue.
Yep. The Dems are locked on stupid. They can't seem to adjust their goals, even with overwhelming evidence that have the country isn't on board.
Trump happened because both parties failed us, and people had to look for an outsider.
Maybe. Voters keep voting for them, so as far as I'm concerned it's on them. Every single idiot who tells himself:

"I know candidate X is bad, but I'm not voting for candidate X, I'm actually voting against candidate Y. Candidate Z is definitely better, but the TV says they can't win, so I'm not 'wasting' my vote.",

is a goddamned coward and a traitor.

Last edited:
That takes it a step too far in my book. Any party should be able to nominate any candidate via any process they choose. The state shouldn't dictate how they go about it.

Yep. The Dems are locked on stupid. They can't seem to adjust their goals, even with overwhelming evidence that have the country isn't on board.

Maybe. Voters keep voting for them, so as far as I'm concerned it's on them. Every single idiot who tells himself:

"I know candidate X is bad, but I'm not voting for candidate X, I'm actually voting against candidate Y. Candidate Z is definitely better, but the TV says they can't win, so I'm not 'wasting' my vote.",

is a goddamned coward and a traitor.

I disagree because the parties do not pay for the primaries they take advantage of.
We do.
So then it should be illegal to not have open primaries.
In fact, there likely should only be one election, where voters rank all the candidates, and that eliminates the need for a run off.

The parties also have way too much control over campaign contributions, so can bribe and extort too easily.

Democracy has failed everywhere, regardless of whether we're talking democratic republics or parliamentary democracies.

Forum List

Back