We need to do better in the future

Political discussions on USMB bring out the junior high school in everyone.

Hugh Nibley (a LDS scholar, whom I admired) said, “"Nothing is easier than to identify one’s own favorite political, economic, historical, and moral convictions with the gospel. That gives one a neat, convenient, but altogether too easy advantage over one’s fellows. If my ideas are the true ones—and I certainly will not entertain them if I suspect for a moment that they are false!—then, all truth being one, they are also the gospel, and to oppose them is to play the role of Satan. This is simply insisting that our way is God’s way and therefore, the only way. It is the height of impertinence."
Hugh Nibley “Beyond Politics,” 298.

This goes for not only LDS believers but all theists, deists, atheists, and don't give a phuckeists.

Neither Comrade Donald nor Shrill Hil are devils; nor are they any type of candidates the more we think about the election that we want elected. They are gravely and perhaps both criminally flawed.

Consider Gary Johnson and promise yourself to be more involved in picking candidates at all levels for 2018 and 2020.
So you are Mormon ?!

Explains why you are so gullible and ass-u-me so much of the time.
Not at all, yiostheoy, but I have been around all types of Mormons most of my life. Some of my closest friends have been LDS. One cannot study our American west without realizing the impact the Mormons have had on it. That you equate Mormonism with gullibility leads thinking individuals to assume that you have difficulty with critical thinking. The evidence of course rests in the body of your postings on the board.
The Mormons not only drink their own koolaid they process it for export.

I have had to sit and counsel with many a wayward Catholic boy or girl who has been seduced by Mormons.

A complete moron wants to discuss immature commentary? LOL talk about a circle of stupidity.

A circle jerk of stupidity. :lol:
:lol: That qualifies you, my dear, to join in.
I am going to report you to your bishop, Mormon boy.
:lol: Don't you know who the two LDS members of their bishoprics are on this Board, yiostheoy?
I am more worried about Jews.

Jews are more powerful.

Although if you really want power you put a Catholic on your team -- just like Hillary did.

Hugh Nibley (a LDS scholar, whom I admired) said, “"Nothing is easier than to identify one’s own favorite political, economic, historical, and moral convictions with the gospel. That gives one a neat, convenient, but altogether too easy advantage over one’s fellows. If my ideas are the true ones—and I certainly will not entertain them if I suspect for a moment that they are false!—then, all truth being one, they are also the gospel, and to oppose them is to play the role of Satan. This is simply insisting that our way is God’s way and therefore, the only way. It is the height of impertinence."

This goes for not only LDS believers but all theists, deists, atheists, and don't give a phuckeists.

Neither Comrade Donald nor Shrill Hil are devils; nor are they any type of candidates the more we think about the election that we want elected. They are gravely and perhaps both criminally flawed.

Consider Gary Johnson and promise yourself to be more involved in picking candidates at all levels for 2018 and 2020.
So you are Mormon ?!

Not at all, yiostheoy, but I have been around all types of Mormons most of my life. Some of my closest friends have been LDS. One cannot study our American west without realizing the impact the Mormons have had on it. That you equate Mormonism with gullibility leads thinking individuals to assume that you have difficulty with critical thinking. The evidence of course rests in the body of your postings on the board.

I have had to sit and counsel with many a wayward Catholic boy or girl who has been seduced by Mormons.
In our home town the Catholic boys were getting into the Mormon girls panties.

Do you understand that boys and girls like getting into each others' pants?

So you are Mormon ?!

It is much easier to get into a Catholic girlies panties than a Mormon girlie's.

I remember Mormons from high school.

They go to early morning Bible study.

They talk about Joseph P. Smith all day long.

They have a golden bible and two more heretical books too.

They love the KJV bible -- the worst English translation on this Earth.

But they are really good at learning foreign languages.

Unfortunately they are never taught Greek or Hebrew.

Without Greek and Hebrew you cannot can NOT understand the Bible.

But I guess if you have your own golden bible you don't need the Hebrew Tenakh or the Greek New Testament.

In case you did not know it, there are KJV English mistranslations in their golden bible.

What does this tell you ?!

Clue.

Even if one understands Greek and Hebrew, that is not a guarantee that one understands the Bible.

Your fallacies of confirmation bias, yiostheoy, inform the readers of your preconceived beliefs, exactly what Professor Nibley counseled against.

So you are Mormon ?!

It is much easier to get into a Catholic girlies panties than a Mormon girlie's.

I remember Mormons from high school.

They go to early morning Bible study.

They talk about Joseph P. Smith all day long.

They have a golden bible and two more heretical books too.

They love the KJV bible -- the worst English translation on this Earth.

But they are really good at learning foreign languages.

Unfortunately they are never taught Greek or Hebrew.

Without Greek and Hebrew you cannot can NOT understand the Bible.

But I guess if you have your own golden bible you don't need the Hebrew Tenakh or the Greek New Testament.

In case you did not know it, there are KJV English mistranslations in their golden bible.

What does this tell you ?!

Clue.
You forgot to add...experimented with drugs. Tho you'll never get one to admit it.

So you are Mormon ?!

He isn't yet. But I have hope for him.

Even if one understands Greek and Hebrew, that is not a guarantee that one understands the Bible.

Your fallacies of confirmation bias, yiostheoy, inform the readers of your preconceived beliefs, exactly what Professor Nibley counseled against.
Even if you were a buzzard with a piano attached to your azz there would be no guarantee that you could play a symphony in the sky.

Forum List

Back