We need to do better in the future

I once had a Born Again Christian neighbor and a JW went to her house. OMG. They actually started fighting. So funny. Such ignorance. :lol:

I have a way of dealing with the JWs. It's easy to get them away and not have to listen to their bastardizing of God's word.

Once it's determined who they are, and it's easy, I offer them the opportunity to tell me what they believe in 5 minutes provided they give me 5 minutes when they're done. NONE have agreed and ALL have quickly left.

Right now I am guessing Mitt Romney.
Romney isn't as much of a LWNJ as fakey is
And you are not a libertarian, so there you go.

TN is a pretender. He likes to pretend. "many people" say, oh, look at TN pretending.

That's why TN likes Red Donald so much.
No shit shirlock. When have I claimed to be one of those kooks?
Donald is a retard. Just not as far gone as you.
Finally I found you goofing off. Don't worry about cute, cause Mudwhistle would like you, and so would MartyBegan I believe. ChrisL may, too.

tumblr_mmwipw47GO1s5e8fio1_500.gif
what does that even mean?
retarded-boy.gif

e10eefde30680a9ba7992297e4a0d141.jpg

I once had a Born Again Christian neighbor and a JW went to her house. OMG. They actually started fighting. So funny. Such ignorance. :lol:

I have a way of dealing with the JWs. It's easy to get them away and not have to listen to their bastardizing of God's word.

Once it's determined who they are, and it's easy, I offer them the opportunity to tell me what they believe in 5 minutes provided they give me 5 minutes when they're done. NONE have agreed and ALL have quickly left.
JW's need 2 to 3 hours.

Mormons need 6.

You'd be surprised how many born and bred Catholics I've met that have been baptized once they read the Book of Mormon for themselves. The Book of Mormon is a powerful tool in bringing people to Christ
Part of my responsibility in the Parish is to make sure this never ever happens.
The RC are now running a police and justice service?
The Mormons have Mormon police who will not let anyone in their flock escape. So don't kid yourself. You represent a financial investment to them.

Political discussions on USMB bring out the junior high school in everyone.

Hugh Nibley (a LDS scholar, whom I admired) said, “"Nothing is easier than to identify one’s own favorite political, economic, historical, and moral convictions with the gospel. That gives one a neat, convenient, but altogether too easy advantage over one’s fellows. If my ideas are the true ones—and I certainly will not entertain them if I suspect for a moment that they are false!—then, all truth being one, they are also the gospel, and to oppose them is to play the role of Satan. This is simply insisting that our way is God’s way and therefore, the only way. It is the height of impertinence."
Hugh Nibley “Beyond Politics,” 298.

This goes for not only LDS believers but all theists, deists, atheists, and don't give a phuckeists.

Neither Comrade Donald nor Shrill Hil are devils; nor are they any type of candidates the more we think about the election that we want elected. They are gravely and perhaps both criminally flawed.

Consider Gary Johnson and promise yourself to be more involved in picking candidates at all levels for 2018 and 2020.

Jill Stein 2016

JW's need 2 to 3 hours.

Mormons need 6.

I wasn't going to listen to 5 minutes of their tripe. It was a random number knowing that when I made the offer, they wouldn't stay 1 second.

The Masonic rule is never discuss religion or politics.

It always gets insulting really fast.

Just take a look at the plethora of ad hom's here and on all political forums.

Religion usually boils down to the same thing.

JW's need 2 to 3 hours.

Mormons need 6.

I wasn't going to listen to 5 minutes of their tripe. It was a random number knowing that when I made the offer, they wouldn't stay 1 second.
I don't mind listening even for several hours if they are sincere.

But then I want equal time when they are finished talking.

JW's need 2 to 3 hours.

Mormons need 6.

I don't mind listening even for several hours if they are sincere.

But then I want equal time when they are finished talking.

I knew they wouldn't give equal time and only wanted to give their side. That's why I offered to let them go first. Had I gone first, I would have been obligated to listen to them.

Right now I am guessing Mitt Romney.
Romney isn't as much of a LWNJ as fakey is
And you are not a libertarian, so there you go.

TN is a pretender. He likes to pretend. "many people" say, oh, look at TN pretending.

That's why TN likes Red Donald so much.
No shit shirlock. When have I claimed to be one of those kooks?
Donald is a retard. Just not as far gone as you.
Finally I found you goofing off. Don't worry about cute, cause Mudwhistle would like you, and so would MartyBegan I believe. ChrisL may, too.

tumblr_mmwipw47GO1s5e8fio1_500.gif
what does that even mean?
retarded-boy.gif
Yup, you are a trumper, absolutely unaware.

Hugh Nibley (a LDS scholar, whom I admired) said, “"Nothing is easier than to identify one’s own favorite political, economic, historical, and moral convictions with the gospel. That gives one a neat, convenient, but altogether too easy advantage over one’s fellows. If my ideas are the true ones—and I certainly will not entertain them if I suspect for a moment that they are false!—then, all truth being one, they are also the gospel, and to oppose them is to play the role of Satan. This is simply insisting that our way is God’s way and therefore, the only way. It is the height of impertinence."

This goes for not only LDS believers but all theists, deists, atheists, and don't give a phuckeists.

Neither Comrade Donald nor Shrill Hil are devils; nor are they any type of candidates the more we think about the election that we want elected. They are gravely and perhaps both criminally flawed.

Consider Gary Johnson and promise yourself to be more involved in picking candidates at all levels for 2018 and 2020.
I will probably give Jill Stein my vote since it is clear Hillary is going to win and therefore Jill could use more votes to clear the 5% threshold for Federal matching funds.

I think Johnson already has his 5%.

I was speaking to a Trumper and also good friend on the phone earlier today about a hedge fund, and he also mentioned that the Trump people are happy because as Trump said in his book "Art Of The Deal", any publicity is good publicity.

So although Trump realizes now that he probably will not win the election, he is still happy that he ran.

Speculation is that Trump will use his enhanced fame to start yet another tv reality show project.

With Trump's face plastered on every network anytime you turn on the tv, Trump's image is certainly more famous if not infamous than ever before.

13413635_603111739847173_1788631264312908500_n.jpg

And that is why MisterBeale is smiled at, patted on the head, then ignored.

The Libertarian Party has a lot of growing up to do, before they have a real shot at the White House.

A LOT of growing up to do.

They are on the right track in a handful of areas.

They also advance several ideas that look good on paper but which are impractical or impossible to implement in the Real World.

They eschew organizational infrastructure to the point where they're perceived as a part-time presence and an entirely ineffective political organ.

People perceive and understand such things, so they stay away.

Again, in 2016, the Libertarians occupy the role of Not Ready for Prime-Time Players - a vote for Gary Johnson is a wasted vote; or a vote for Hillary Clinton.

The imminent (metaphorical) massacre (at the ballot box) of the Republican Party presents the Libertarians with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to fill that vacuum.

But, if they try to fill that vacuum, they'll need a fairly comprehensive 'makeover' , and they're going to have to learn how to market themselves much, much better.

They have to step up to the plate with fresh ideas; not just Isolationism Redux; not just Tiny Government Redux; in order to attract the numbers they need to win.

Frankly, I doubt they've got it in them.

The Republic and its People need a Middle Ground - a Center Party - to draw folks from our present array of polarized positions.

If the Libertarians manage to move themselves into the Center, and serve-up good ideas, and package themselves better, they might just pull it off in 2020 or 2024.

But I'm not going to hold my breath, waiting for such a happy but highly unlikely development.

Perhaps it's time for a new Startup.

The Libertarians had their chance. James Weeks is definitely the leader this nation needs now. :badgrin:

Forum List

Back