We need to reduce the power of the federal government and redistribute it locally.

RandomPoster

Platinum Member
May 22, 2017
Most of the power of the federal government should be handed over to the state and local governments. The mayor of a town should have the same amount of power in his home town that the President currently has over the country. The governor should have more political power in his home state than the President does. The city council should have more power within its own city than the federal or state congress.

Next, there is the issue of loyalty. Loyalty starts with yourself and then spreads outwards. You have more loyalty to your family and friends than you do to others in your community. You have more loyalty to your community than the rest of the state. You have more loyalty to your state than to the country. You have more loyalty to your country than to the rest of the world.

You are 100% correct about the power of the Fed Govt.

But, as long as people keep voting for the duopoly, this will and can never happen.

You are wrong about loyalty. If loyalty starts with yourself, then you will always put yourself first, thus making your locality to anyone or anything else nothing more than self serving actions.

The Marine Crops motto is Sepmer Fi...always faithful...and we are taught that we are always faithful to God, Country and then Corps. Nothing in there about being faithful to ourselves. One that loyal to themselves first would never choose to serve in the military.

You are 100% correct about the power of the Fed Govt.

But, as long as people keep voting for the duopoly, this will and can never happen.

You are wrong about loyalty. If loyalty starts with yourself, then you will always put yourself first, thus making your locality to anyone or anything else nothing more than self serving actions.

The Marine Crops motto is Sepmer Fi...always faithful...and we are taught that we are always faithful to God, Country and then Corps. Nothing in there about being faithful to ourselves. One that loyal to themselves first would never choose to serve in the military.

Loyalty starts with yourself and your family and friends. People should be more loyal, by default, to their own families and communities than to other areas of the country in exactly the same way we are more loyal to our country than we are to the rest of the world.

Loyalty starts with yourself and your family and friends.

I would say that loyalty starts with your family and friends. If I am loyal to myself first, then I am buying that new set of golf clubs instead of helping my son get his first car now that he is working.

People should be more loyal, by default, to their own families and communities than to other areas of the country in exactly the same way we are more loyal to our country than we are to the rest of the world.

This I agree with.

Forum List

Back