We Obviously need laws To Allow Parents to sue CPS Agents

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
and take everything they have or ever will have. No pension for you go directly to Walmart for your next job

Interview with the Mom Whose Kids Were Taken Away After Son was Seen Playing Alone in Yard Free Range Kids
One afternoon this past April, a Florida mom and dad I’ll call Cindy and Fred could not get home in time to let their son, 11, into the house. The boy didn’t have a key so he played basketball in the yard. He was alone for 90 minutes. A neighbor called the cops, and when the parents arrived — having been delayed by traffic and rain — they were arrested for negligence. They were put in handcuffs, strip searched, fingerprinted and held overnight in jail.

and take everything they have or ever will have. No pension for you go directly to Walmart for your next job

Interview with the Mom Whose Kids Were Taken Away After Son was Seen Playing Alone in Yard Free Range Kids
One afternoon this past April, a Florida mom and dad I’ll call Cindy and Fred could not get home in time to let their son, 11, into the house. The boy didn’t have a key so he played basketball in the yard. He was alone for 90 minutes. A neighbor called the cops, and when the parents arrived — having been delayed by traffic and rain — they were arrested for negligence. They were put in handcuffs, strip searched, fingerprinted and held overnight in jail.
I was getting paid to babysit other neighbor's kids, alone, at 11 yrs old....

Why didn't the neighbors call the parents instead of the police?

Guess people don't know their neighbors anymore?

That's the most biased article I've ever seen, and it still makes it seem like the kids were in a fucked up situation.

Why would you call the police anyway ...what is suspicious about a kid in there own yard?

CPS had no business stepping in ......child was in no danger......nor being neglected

CPS had no business stepping in ......child was in no danger......nor being neglected
But an aunt wants to send the kids into foster care rather than keep them. If that's not a fucked up family, I don't know what is. CPS doesn't fuck around. And it's not like it's common for CPS to involve itself in people's families. If CPS is coming after you, then odds are something is wrong.

You get along with your all your relatives......
None would EVER give my kids to foster care over taking them in. But maybe it's a conservative thing... to segregate members of your family that you hate, to the point where they surrender your kids to child services. Hate comes pretty easily to conservatives after all.

"We Obviously need laws To Allow Parents to sue CPS Agents"

Obviously you have no idea what you're talking about, this is comprehensively ignorant and ridiculous.

There already is such a law: the Civil Rights Act of 1968. Anyone depriving citizens of their civil rights "under color of law" is subject to civil suit. False imprisonment is a deprivation of rights, big time. It would not be a slam dunk, but any good tort lawyer could make enough of a case to force a tidy little settlement.

Forum List

Back