We paid $100,000 so Eric Trump could go to Uruguay for a few days and promote a luxury tower. Cool?

I'm just wondering how much people are willing to sacrifice to make Trump rich.

Here is a clip of the article:

The money for the hotel rooms was paid through the State Department, but a spokesman there declined to comment on the trip. He instead referred reporters to the White House and back to the Secret Service, whose spokesman once again declined to comment. The White House also did not respond to requests for comment.

“There is a public benefit to providing Secret Service protection,” Clark said. “But what was the public benefit from State Department personnel participating in this private business trip to the coastal town? It raises the specter of the use of public resources for private gain.”
New Obama vacation costs uncovered; They now exceed $70 million
You libtards didn't seem too fanatical when Obama's spent 700 times what Eric cost, why is that?

LIBERALISM = HYPOCRISY
Do as I say not as I do.

Obama was promoting his business too. Shame shame shame
Notice how much of a hypocrite ClosedCraption is? He just said, "Obama was promoting his business too". Yet he is bitching about Eric going overseas. You just cant get more stupid than a liberal.
I think you are wrong on this but CC is a big hypocrite. I bet he was fine when our government bought tens of thousands fo copies of obamas book..

LMAO...Uh whut? Is this going to be the pattern with every response. Say "I bet he didnt have a problem with *blank*" as what? a way to say its ok now? Or that you read minds or have a thread where I spoke about book buying?

When Trump is wrong does that mean everyone who sees the wrong has to be wrong too? Thats seems to be the pattern

The money for the hotel rooms was paid through the State Department, but a spokesman there declined to comment on the trip. He instead referred reporters to the White House and back to the Secret Service, whose spokesman once again declined to comment. The White House also did not respond to requests for comment.

“There is a public benefit to providing Secret Service protection,” Clark said. “But what was the public benefit from State Department personnel participating in this private business trip to the coastal town? It raises the specter of the use of public resources for private gain.”
You libtards didn't seem too fanatical when Obama's spent 700 times what Eric cost, why is that?

LIBERALISM = HYPOCRISY
Do as I say not as I do.

Notice how much of a hypocrite ClosedCraption is? He just said, "Obama was promoting his business too". Yet he is bitching about Eric going overseas. You just cant get more stupid than a liberal.
I think you are wrong on this but CC is a big hypocrite. I bet he was fine when our government bought tens of thousands fo copies of obamas book..

LMAO...Uh whut? Is this going to be the pattern with every response. Say "I bet he didnt have a problem with *blank*" as what? a way to say its ok now? Or that you read minds or have a thread where I spoke about book buying?

When Trump is wrong does that mean everyone who sees the wrong has to be wrong too? Thats seems to be the pattern
Trump is absolutely wrong. However, I know how disingenuous and hacked out you are...

Hate to break it to ya but

As children of the President, Trump's five children are entitled to Secret Service protection throughout his term, and for 10 years after he leaves office.

New Obama vacation costs uncovered; They now exceed $70 million You libtards didn't seem too fanatical when Obama's spent 700 times what Eric cost, why is that?

LIBERALISM = HYPOCRISY
Do as I say not as I do.

Trump is absolutely wrong. However, I know how disingenuous and hacked out you are...

That would require you to know me...which you dont. But your assertions sound cool tho :thup:

Can I get a link? Cause that sounds like bullshit.

I will give you the link and then you can go from believing its phoney to saying the messenger is a liar.

Eric Trump’s business trip to Uruguay cost taxpayers $97,830 in hotel bills

Here I'll give you more just in case

Eric Trump's Uruguay trip cost taxpayers nearly $100K: report

and another

Millionaire Eric Trump’s business trip costs US taxpayers nearly $100,000 in hotel bills

Heres a favorite form of communication...twitter:

Judd Legum on Twitter
He shouldn't be receiving SS protection at ALL. Unless he is footing the bill. This is some bullshit.
AGREE, his children in their 30's should NOT be getting secret service protection, they need to pay for their own security.

Even our vice Presidents only get 6 months of protection of the SS after they leave office.... adult children in their 30's that never lived or grew up in the whitehouse with their Father as president should NOT be eligible for ANY secret Service protection on our dime.
How about brothers?

Like, roger Clinton, or billy carter?

LIBERALISM = HYPOCRISY
Do as I say not as I do.

May I tell you a secret, Obama was a President. Eric is not.

I will give you the link and then you can go from believing its phoney to saying the messenger is a liar.

and another

Millionaire Eric Trump’s business trip costs US taxpayers nearly $100,000 in hotel bills

Judd Legum on Twitter
He shouldn't be receiving SS protection at ALL. Unless he is footing the bill. This is some bullshit.
AGREE, his children in their 30's should NOT be getting secret service protection, they need to pay for their own security.

Even our vice Presidents only get 6 months of protection of the SS after they leave office.... adult children in their 30's that never lived or grew up in the whitehouse with their Father as president should NOT be eligible for ANY secret Service protection on our dime.
How about brothers?

Like, roger Clinton, or billy carter?
Brothers should not either.

Are you implying billy carter and roger clinton got Secret Service protection?

As children of the President, Trump's five children are entitled to Secret Service protection throughout his term, and for 10 years after he leaves office.
I agree. I do think its wrong we got to foot the bill for their business dealings though.
I was the same way with michelle going on all of her trips without red line Rambo..

Trump has lived off American taxpayers all his life, and now his kids and their kids are. I'm sure most of his supporters never thought this far. The sooner he is out of office the sooner we can save money.

Trump has lived off American taxpayers all his life, and now his kids and their kids are. I'm sure most of his supporters never thought this far. The sooner he is out of office the sooner we can save money.
You got 8 years.

I agree. I do think its wrong we got to foot the bill for their business dealings though.
I was the same way with michelle going on all of her trips without red line Rambo..
I have no problem with First Ladies getting secret service coverage, where ever they are, where ever they choose to go....or First children living in the Whitehouse.

OH, NLT.... Presidents children DO NOT GET secret service coverage for 10 years after the President leaves office...WHO TOLD YOU that LIE?

and another

Judd Legum on Twitter

They any different than Reagans children?

Secret Service codename - Wikipedia

Ronald Reagan – Rawhide[8][9][11][13][23]
or Bush Sr?

George H. W. Bush – Timberwolf[8][9][11]

If they weren't getting protection, why did they have codenames?

I have no problem with First Ladies getting secret service coverage, where ever they are, where ever they choose to go....or First children living in the Whitehouse.

OH, NLT.... Presidents children DO NOT GET secret service coverage for 10 years after the President leaves office...WHO TOLD YOU that LIE?
I do. We shouldn't be paying for their leisure activities. Nor their business dealings.
I fail to see how them living in the WH or not really matters.

and another

Judd Legum on Twitter

or Bush Sr?

OK, I was WRONG.

I just spent some time reading up on the history of it all, and it makes sense to giving coverage for the immediate family members, even if adults and even if they don't live with the family in the same household...bad guys could use them to get to our President...and we don't want him or her to have to even worry about any of that, we just want him or her to be able to do his or her job....basically.

Trump, in one month, on his secret service coverage for his entire immediate family, and Melania staying in New York with Barron, and every weekend going there or to West Palm Beach has probably cost us more than the entire 8 years of Obama's and Bush's secret service bill, combined.... yes, I am probably exaggerating,

a little... :D

Fake News for the bitter and frustrated

Trump is already rich

and another

Judd Legum on Twitter

or Bush Sr?

OK, I was WRONG.

I just spent some time reading up on the history of it all, and it makes sense to giving coverage for the immediate family members, even if adults and even if they don't live with the family in the same household...bad guys could use them to get to our President...and we don't want him or her to have to even worry about any of that, we just want him or her to be able to do his or her job....basically.

Trump, in one month, on his secret service coverage for his entire immediate family, and Melania staying in New York with Barron, and every weekend going there or to West Palm Beach has probably cost us more than the entire 8 years of Obama's and Bush's secret service bill, combined.... yes, I am probably exaggerating,

a little...

Good thing none of the Obama's still has protection, amiright?

and another

Judd Legum on Twitter

or Bush Sr?

OK, I was WRONG.

a little... :D
BTW, couldn't find anything on Billy, but Rogers codename, for some unknown reason, was 'Headache'.

I do. We shouldn't be paying for their leisure activities. Nor their business dealings.
I fail to see how them living in the WH or not really matters.
The psycho who might attempt to assassinate / kidnap them won't be picky about what role they are in at any particular time.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back