"We’ve been told to make life as difficult for people as we can."

Chris is misinformed.
The Wash Times is now owned by Herring Broadcasting.
In any event, it makes no difference. The Unification Church save for its influx of cash to keep the paper in business had little influence over editorial content.
The Church did however insist on a Conservative editorial bias.
Story content as always is a freedom of the press issue.
By comparison, Current TV is now owned by Al-Jazeera...
I hear no libs whining about that.

You are incorrect.

The Washington Times is owned, personally, by the Reverend Moon. Until 2010, it was run by an external organization created for that purpose by Moon, but in 2010, he decided to purchase the Times from his shell company for $1, returning control to him and his church.

Herring Broadcasting is partnering with the Washington Times on a new News channel, but they don't own any part of it.

And your comments about Current TV don't make any sense.

No matter how much Arabs scare you, Al-jazeera is a much more reputable news source than the Washington Times.
See what I mean about you lefties and the Muslims. You circle the wagons.
And yeah it makes complete sense. You stepped right up and fell into the trap. You curse the Unification church although the worst thing they ever did was brainwash some very weak minded people and convince them to sell flowers. While that oil wealth of the middle east has most definitely found its way to funding weapons sales to Islamist terror groups...I will take the flowers.
Whatever. I posted a link that says otherwise.
This is a non issue.
You don't get to pull that bullshit of discrediting a legitimate and respected news organization because the owner is a a little strange yet harmless.

Now, lets get back on point

:lol:

Who "respects" the Washington Times?

It's a shitty street paper that has never come close to breaking even, let lone making a profit. As far as messianic cult leaders go, the Reverend Moon is certainly far from the worst - he's not a Jim Jones or David Koresh - but that doesn't "legitimize" his personal political mouthpiece.

You are incorrect.

The Washington Times is owned, personally, by the Reverend Moon. Until 2010, it was run by an external organization created for that purpose by Moon, but in 2010, he decided to purchase the Times from his shell company for $1, returning control to him and his church.

Herring Broadcasting is partnering with the Washington Times on a new News channel, but they don't own any part of it.

And your comments about Current TV don't make any sense.

No matter how much Arabs scare you, Al-jazeera is a much more reputable news source than the Washington Times.
And yeah it makes complete sense. You stepped right up and fell into the trap. You curse the Unification church although the worst thing they ever did was brainwash some very weak minded people and convince them to sell flowers. While that oil wealth of the middle east has most definitely found its way to funding weapons sales to Islamist terror groups...I will take the flowers.
This is a non issue.
You don't get to pull that bullshit of discrediting a legitimate and respected news organization because the owner is a a little strange yet harmless.

It's a shitty street paper that has never come close to breaking even, let lone making a profit. As far as messianic cult leaders go, the Reverend Moon is certainly far from the worst - he's not a Jim Jones or David Koresh - but that doesn't "legitimize" his personal political mouthpiece.

And if the WashTimes was a paper of liberal editorial content?...
Choose your answer carefully.
Have at it.
BTW, I thought you libs are never judgmental.

Last edited:
This is a non issue.

Have at it.

I don't read "editorial content" from either side.

Moon is also quite dead and controls nothing.

Liberals can disrespect the Times. It's like the New York Times has any credibility either. It's part of the ongoing division in the country. We don't read each other's papers or watch each other's news sources. The division is close to being total.

This is a non issue.

Have at it.

Why the fuck did you think that?

Have at it.

I don't read "editorial content" from either side.

Bullshit...Now answer the question.

Have at it.

Because one of the most popular lib whines about conservatives is they are judgmental.
Hypocrisy.

Have at it.

Apparently I have hit a nerve here..
Good.

Because one of the most popular lib whines about conservatives is they are judgmental.
Hypocrisy.

I don't think you understand what "hypocrisy" means.

It doesn't apply to straw men.

Cut the crap...In the post in question you made a judgmental statement. Then you topped that with "why the fuck did you think that?"..
Again I successfully hit a nerve here.

Last edited:
Bullshit...Now answer the question.

The Washington Times would not be any more "respectable" if the Moon family were diehard liberals. Does that answer your question?

I did not ask you about respect. I asked you if you would be making this same complaint if the Washtimes were a paper known for liberal editorial bias.

This "same" complaint? My "complaint" is about the ridiculousness of calling the Washington Times a "legitimate, respected" news source.

Hypocrisy.

Cut the crap...In the post in question you made a judgmental statement. Then you toped that with "why the fuck did you think that?"..

I think you're missing something here. I did make a "judgmental statement" - most of my "statements" on this board are "judgmental" of something or someone.

For some reason, you think that liberals claim to not be judgmental - which may be true of some, but not all liberals - and certainly not me. I have never pretended to not be judgmental, nor have I ever complained of Conservatives being "judgmental".

Where's the hypocrisy, other than from your fabricated beliefs that you assign to "liberals"?

Cut the crap...In the post in question you made a judgmental statement. Then you toped that with "why the fuck did you think that?"..

I think you're missing something here. I did make a "judgmental statement" - most of my "statements" on this board are "judgmental" of something or someone.

For some reason, you think that liberals claim to not be judgmental - which may be true of some, but not all liberals - and certainly not me. I have never pretended to not be judgmental, nor have I ever complained of Conservatives being "judgmental".

Where's the hypocrisy, other than from your fabricated beliefs that you assign to "liberals"?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghj5V5cUo1s]Billy Preston - Will It Go Round in Circles - YouTube[/ame]

Please don't use the term non essential. We don't wanna hurt the feelings of the weak minded tools
You mean TOOLS that couldn't make it in the private sector?

These people went through their schooling with one goal in mind. Government service.
These people do not care about accomplishing anything. All they want it the high pay, cushy work conditions and over the top benefits.

Ummm...guys, not every government employee is like that.

For instance...me. I get paid less as a DoD civilian than a private sector employee doing the same job. There have been no cost-of-living raises in years. My last reporting period, I got a bonus for saving the taxpayers around $20K by doing in-house what they used to have to contract out before I signed on...but all the bonuses got turned off. The work conditions are by no means cushy.

Just keep in mind that some of us take being good stewards of the taxpayers' money seriously, and we try to earn our pay. Thanks.

You mean TOOLS that couldn't make it in the private sector?

These people went through their schooling with one goal in mind. Government service.
These people do not care about accomplishing anything. All they want it the high pay, cushy work conditions and over the top benefits.

For instance...me. I get paid less as a DoD civilian than a private sector employee doing the same job. There have been no cost-of-living raises in years. My last reporting period, I got a bonus for saving the taxpayers around $20K by doing in-house what they used to have to contract out before I signed on...but all the bonuses got turned off. The work conditions are by no means cushy.

Just keep in mind that some of us take being good stewards of the taxpayers' money seriously, and we try to earn our pay. Thanks.
It is refreshing to see someone who takes the service part of public service seriously.
However, for every one of you, I would imagine we'd not have a hard time finding people 'putting in their time'....

It is refreshing to see someone who takes the service part of public service seriously.
However, for every one of you, I would imagine we'd not have a hard time finding people 'putting in their time'....
Oh, no question. I was just pointing out that not all gov't employees are "putting in their time".

1380269_10151783240617740_1304646979_n.jpg

I'm all for that....Obama is the most UnAmerican hateful President I have livid under...and I've lived under a few Presidents

You know what I'm thinking? I'm thinking his chef, his butler and his maids aren't "necessary" personnel. During this government shutdown, he should be doing his own laundry, making his own meals and answering his own door.

He'll probably just roll up some sushi. He would eat it and stink up the place still more.

Forum List

Back