wealth robs the brain of compassion, my friends

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
As wealth goes up, the stinginess seems to increase

Successful people tend to feel deserving of their lot. As a corollary, they tend to view less fortunate people as having earned their lack of success. So you’re more likely to make sense of inequality and to justify it, make inequality seem equitable.

• Banned
"money is a kind of poetry" - Wallace Stevens

"i had a dream i got everything i wanted" - Billie Eilish

Successful people tend to feel deserving of their lot. As a corollary, they tend to view less fortunate people as having earned their lack of success. So you’re more likely to make sense of inequality and to justify it, make inequality seem equitable.
Speaking in absolutes is usually fraught with error.

quote-i-have-never-understood-why-it-is-greed-to-want-to-keep-the-money-you-have-earned-but-th...jpg

Well, since i started as a minimum wage puke and barely getting by on $2.10 an hour, instead of feeling sorry for myself(as a typical progressive slave) i went out and got skills that made me very valuable. I learned to fix F-15 fighter jets, and was later able to go to Saudi Arabia where i was making $70,000 a year all tax free. So what gives you the fucking right to dictate to me, if i should want to keep my hard earned wealth and not give it up to the sorry ass government so they dole it out to some pussy, who just sits in his/her/its basement smoking dope and bitching and moaning how fucked their life is.....

tenor (1).gif

Proof?

Forum List

Back