week one mnf: gnats at big african cats

Who will win tonight's MNF game between the G-Men and the Lions in Detroit?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Geographical roots...not associated with sports teams...except when associated with sports teams...

Living in Michigan I find myself sometimes rooting for UofM and sometimes not. It's all because of the "little brother" comments. UofM is arrogant so I like to see them be second best to MSU every year.

But if UofM is going for a national championship and MSU is not, I root for OofM of course.

I only root for the Lions until they suck then I pick another team to root for. Last year when I just knew Schwartz was going to blow it and not make the playoffs, me and my dad rooted against the Lions every Sunday at the end of the season. Why? Because if they would have made the playoffs Schwartz would have kept his job and like UofM's head coach he is clearly a loser. So better for them to not make the playoffs and change directions. Now I am back on the band wagon. Go Lions!

Pay up, pussycat haterz!!!!! :badgrin:

Who was the guy that said we didn't get any better since the end of the last season. Bullshit. Stafford has so many weapons to work with this year.

He said the coach doesn't go out and play. BULLSHIT. You saw it last night. If Schwartz would have won last nights game, he would have won it by 3 points. He would have never put the game away. The Lions if you forgot were doing great last year until the middle of the season, then the meltdown. I believe Schwartz lost his mojo when Jim Harbaugh made him look like a little bitch at the end of the game. Was that last year or the year before? It was all a blur. A bad nightmare.

Yesterday we went over the schedule. I said 15 and 1, then 12 and 4. I can see 10 and 6.

My friend said 8 and 8. I can't even see 9 and 7. We are going to win more than 9 games this year. Remember I said that. I'll play it safe and go with 10 and 6, but I don't see 6 teams beating us. Chicago and GB? Not this year. Minnesota?

I know, it's a long season. But if last night is any indication, we look good. Real good. I'm very excited.

the shart and the darkness said:
]Pay up, pussycat haterz!!!!! :badgrin:

sealybobo said:
Who was the guy that said we didn't get any better since the end of the last season. Bullshit. Stafford has so many weapons to work with this year.

He said the coach doesn't go out and play. BULLSHIT. You saw it last night. If Schwartz would have won last nights game, he would have won it by 3 points. He would have never put the game away. The Lions if you forgot were doing great last year until the middle of the season, then the meltdown. I believe Schwartz lost his mojo when Jim Harbaugh made him look like a little bitch at the end of the game. Was that last year or the year before? It was all a blur. A bad nightmare.

Yesterday we went over the schedule. I said 15 and 1, then 12 and 4. I can see 10 and 6.

My friend said 8 and 8. I can't even see 9 and 7. We are going to win more than 9 games this year. Remember I said that. I'll play it safe and go with 10 and 6, but I don't see 6 teams beating us. Chicago and GB? Not this year. Minnesota?

I know, it's a long season. But if last night is any indication, we look good. Real good. I'm very excited.

The Lions' best offseason move was their acquisitioning of WR Golden Tate.

It's clear after last night that he's gonna be a major player in taking off some of the opposing defenses' focuses on Megatron, thus allowing the Lions to stretch the field even more.

Look out: the Lions are for real in 2014. :thup:

]Pay up, pussycat haterz!!!!! :badgrin:

sealybobo said:

It's clear after last night that he's gonna be a major player in taking off some of the opposing defenses' focuses on Megatron, thus allowing the Lions to stretch the field even more.

Plus all the tight ends. I guess we have like 7 of them. LOL. All weapons that can block too I hope.

I heard that's what Pedigrew did well last night he blocked for Matthew Stafford?

What's your prediction for the Lions? I'm saying 12 and 4 or 10 and 6 at the worst.

Pay up, pussycat haterz!!!!! :badgrin:

sealybobo said:

you can't tame a big cat's heart and you durned sure can't tame a big cat's shart said:

sealybobo said:
Plus all the tight ends. I guess we have like 7 of them. LOL. All weapons that can block too I hope.

I heard that's what Pedigrew did well last night he blocked for Matthew Stafford?

What's your prediction for the Lions? I'm saying 12 and 4 or 10 and 6 at the worst.

I can't really base a prediction off an opening-day game because of the inevitability of injuries throughout the season and whatnot: but if I were a gamblin' man, I'd say they'll go 10-6 or 11-5 and at least win a wild card, but maybe even take the division.

I just don't think the Packers have enough balance offensively.

And the Bears will be tough, but their biggest strength is also their biggest weakness: Jay Cutler. :thup:

Forum List

Back