Weinergate

One Palin account was hacked.

Weiner's excuse involves three accounts being hacked.

Ergo, he is three times The Stupid of Pain.

Last edited:
Weiner allegedly sent a naughty pic to someone? This clearly is the greatest scandal a politician could have gotten involved in, and must prove his unscrupulousness beyond a doubt. It makes Tricky Dick's look like a poor misunderstanding.

That's only because he's a Democrat. If he were a Republican it would show his unfitness for office.

Oh no. Not really. Affairs and sexual episodes like this aren't grounds for unfitness in office. Republicans only get more flack for their sexual escapades because they often wave the banner of morality that denounces homosexuality, sexual affairs and so on while trumpeting the sanctity of marriage and monogamy and so on and so forth, and making witch hunts out of blow jobs. And a lot of them get caught with their pants down doing the same thing, a la Newt Gingritch or Mark Foley.

Weiner allegedly sent a naughty pic to someone? This clearly is the greatest scandal a politician could have gotten involved in, and must prove his unscrupulousness beyond a doubt. It makes Tricky Dick's look like a poor misunderstanding.

That's only because he's a Democrat. If he were a Republican it would show his unfitness for office.

You know it
Weiner might have done the same thing as Mark Foley, no sex just inappropriate behaviour. Look at Barney Frank, prostitution rings in house, plush jobs for his "boyfriends", crony capitalism at its best

Yes there is not enough information out yet to make any clear conclusion
It is however, good for now for some fun.

As for the media not picking up more on it, yet, this means nothing.
Again, the MSM and the Left holds themselves to lower standards

Look at the Edward story and how long the MSM sat on it, especially when there was chance he could be a VP choice.

It actually took a "tabloid" to break and pursue the story
Even the whole Clinton story was held back until an internet blog was the first to release it.
I have no doubt, if this was someone from the Right then it would be all over the news.

Nor do I believe if true that it was done out of stupidity.
Mistake, yes! When one messages on twitter, it can be public or private; easy to make a mistake.
Oddly enough, she was one of his links out of 91; so he could private chat with her.

But until and if more information comes out
The right will have fun with it and the left and the MSM will just...

Last edited:
UPDATE:

Weiner "Lawyers up" or tells Federal Authorities to[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRdxUFDoQe0"] "Beat It" [/ame]
http://theothermccain.com/2011/05/30/breaking-weiner-lawyers-up/
So (a) Weiner himself is not speaking, but issuing statements through his spokesman, and (b) his office “did not answer specific questions.”

Weiner’s office did not answer specific questions about the photograph, whether he has contacted authorities or the Seattle woman who received the photograph
See:
Liberal bloggers should be the ones leading the campaign for an official investigation. Many of them have claimed that Andrew Breitbart, and other conservative activists, are responsible for hacking into Weiner’s official congressional Twitter account. If that’s the case, then let’s make sure these right-wing hackers are forced to face the legal consequences of their actions.

This is a fairly customary process. After President Obama’s official Twitter account was hacked, the FBI managed to track the hacker all the way to France, where he was tried and convicted. If Weiner’s account was compromised, there’s a good chance that law enforcement will find the person who did it.

But if it turns out that Weiner is unwilling to allow an official, transparent investigation, then he can’t expect journalists to stop digging for the truth on their own. After all, the public has legitimate questions, and the media is only doing its job.
Rumor in the collective is that he has Willie, Wood, Johnson & Schwanz as legal counsel....

:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
It's not out of the question that the guy is telling the truth. Hackers are out there getting their hands into stuff every day and Weiner is a very outspoken politician who I could see incurring the wrath of people who don't agree with his ideas.

That's why there should be a proper investigation.

Then by all means comrade, I'm sure you agree

If it was a "right-wing" hack then let us find the proof and prosecute these people accordingly
Indeed, the "victim" of these pics was a poor minority trying to work herself through college.
This, under Liberal standards, could even be a hate crime. Being a Rep, there could even be National Security at play here

We must demand that Rep Weiner works with the Federal authorities NOW!
Our country's security and the rights of minorities could be at risk here!

I say, Let the show trials began!

One can twitter the Rep Weiner http://twitter.com/#!/RepWeiner

Last edited:
Comrades,

to stop the evil right wing attacks against this fine Representative, we should bond all together and start a new group in support of him.

We could call ourselves

"Weiner Wiener Deniers"

Whenever asked about this subject, we go off into tangents about the racist right wing Republicans and their policies which will kill old people.

Remember, Deny Deny Deny Deny !

It is the only Progressive thing to do.

If anyone in the Press ask questions, we just deny and tell them to beat it.

Comrades,

to stop the evil right wing attacks against this fine Representative, we should bond all together and start a new group in support of him.

We could call ourselves

"Weiner Wiener Deniers"

Whenever asked about this subject, we go off into tangents about the racist right wing Republicans and their policies which will kill old people.

lol You crack me up~ ;-)

Comrades,

We could call ourselves

"Weiner Wiener Deniers"

And there you go. If we do it right websites will pop up like weeds after a heavy rain. Weiner weenie denial wll become settled journalism. Reagan will be knocked off his pedestal. Blame Bush will be possible into the next century. Old people being shoved off cliffs will be the logo and greedy Republicans snatching school lunches out of the mouths of little kids will lead every Youtube video.

Just makes you feel all tingly down the leg to think about it doesn't it?

Weiner has lawyered up. Apparently, if one's facebook-twitter-yfrog account trifecta are hacked, the appropriate response is to hire a lawyer as opposed to reporting the crime to the proper authorities.

Who knew?

A spokesman for Rep. Anthony Weiner, New York Democrat, told The Daily Caller the congressman’s team has “retained counsel” and is exploring the “proper next steps” after his official Twitter account posted a picture of a man’s erect penis underneath gray boxer shorts.

The Internet-driven scandal has come to be known online as “#Weinergate,” a pun on the Congressman’s last name.

“We’ve retained counsel to explore the proper next steps and to advise us on what civil or criminal actions should be taken,” Weiner spokesman Dave Arnold said in an email. “This was a prank. We are loath to treat it as more, but we are relying on professional advice.”

Weiner maintains that he thinks the issue is a distraction started and driven by conservatives. “At a time when the GOP is playing games with the debt limit, a member of the Supreme Court is refusing to recuse himself from matters he has a financial interest in, and middle class incomes are stagnant, many want to change the subject. I don’t,” Weiner said in an email to TheDC. “This was a prank, and a silly one. I’m focused on my work.”

Read more: Weinergate | Retained Counsel | Anthony Weiner | The Daily Caller

And now he's using the old ruse of just wanting to focus on his work (an update of the old Clinton "fighting for you").

Da Wiener showing his Wiener! NICE! I hope it's true, because the Wiener sucks (no pun intended)!

However, I don't think these will hurt him. Remember he represents New York liberals, this type of stuff might actually help him. It's where he bangs hookers (Spitzer) where they have a problem. Showing your cock to randomn viewers in a plus on the liberal side.

It appears that Rep. Weiner may have sent a naughty pic to a woman on Twitter.

He's claiming his account was hacked, but that's a lame excuse.

This evening a photo surfaced on Congressman Weiner’s yfrog account and in his verified Twitter timeline of a man in his underwear with an erection. The photo was reportedly sent to a woman on Twitter. We’ve protected her name and her account, which was at one time verified to be active but has since been deleted after the photo in question was deleted. Coincidentally, the rest of the photos in the congressman’s alleged yfrog account were also deleted around 11 p.m. eastern.

Weinergate: Congressman Claims “Facebook Hacked” As Lewd Photo Hits Twitter - Big Journalism

Is the Liberal Press intentionally ignoring this scandal? It looks like it to me. If Weiner was a Republican i'm pretty sure Liberal Media outlets like CNN,NY Times,and NBC would be reporting on this 24/7. It reminds me of how they tried to cover for ole Slick Willy and John Edwards. My guess it that they will be forced to cover this eventuality. They'll stall and cover for Weiner for as long as they can though. The truth always come out in the end.

NY Democrat Rep Anthony Weiner has hired an attorney and denies that it was a photo of his genitalia which was sent to a woman via Twitter. He also claims his Twitter account was hacked and it was the hacker who sent the lewd photo...

Weinergate | Anthony Weiner | Won't Refuse | The Daily Caller

Last edited:
Here's a good summary of the timeline so far for WeinerGate:

For MSM types who wish to start covering Weinergate accurately, or for readers just catching up, here’s a quick primer on the undisputed Weinergate facts.

On Friday night, New York Democrat Rep. Anthony Weiner’s twitter feed sent 21-year-old college student Gennette Nicole Cordova, a Seattle resident, a tweet containing a link to a lewd photo of a man in his briefs. Weiner followed Cordova on twitter, and Cordova followed Weiner on twitter. At the time of the lewd tweet, Weiner had about 45,000 twitter followers but he followed just 91 people, and Cordova was among them. This two-way following relationship allows twitter users to send messages directly to one another without such messages going on either user’s public twitter feeds. Weiner deleted the tweet with the link to the photo four minutes after it went out on his public twitter feeds, and claimed he was hacked, blaming the lewd photo on the hacker. The link that appeared in Weiner’s public twitter feed led to the photo on Weiner’s yfrog account. The photo has also been removed.

Here is a rough Weinergate timeline. If you see errors or items that need clarification, hit me up in comments or email and I’ll correct or clarifiy anything that needs it.

1. Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-NY) was very active on twitter on Friday, awaiting a financial disclosure from Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, a disclosure that Weiner intended to turn into a political attack on Thomas.

2. Weiner’s twitter feed goes silent for about 3 hours, 24 minutes Friday afternoon/evening, a time during which he is allegedly watching a hockey game. (Weiner’s spokesman later claimed that he had been tweeting about the hockey game during that time, a claim that has turned out to be false.)..

(more at the link)

The PJ Tatler » Weinergate: What we know (Update: Weiner hires a lawyer)

Forum List

Back