Well Hello there!

I was looking for a forum to post at and thought I'd give this one a try.

It seems good! Looks like there's a decent mix of opinions and political leanings. I've been around some forums for a while and have already seen a familiar handle.

Hopefully I get to stick around.

Hello,

Did you know that John Wayne was originally offered the role of Harry Callaghan in "Dirty Harry" and for some reason he turned it down, so Warner Brothers went with Clint Eastwood.

Harry Callaghan was also offered bizarrely to Frank Sinatra, and also less bizarrely to Burt Lancaster, Robert Mitchum and Steve McQueen.

Clint Eastwood is Harry Callaghan, but he was the fifth choice for that role, pretty astonishing stuff.
Harry Callaghan was also offered bizarrely to Frank Sinatra,

Why?

He did a couple of detective movies around that time.

Tony Rome, Lady in Cement...

Well I just can't envisage Frank Sinatra as Harry Callaghan myself.

"Tony Rome" and "Lady In Cement" are both good, as is "The Detective" from 1968, it's not a Tony Rome film, Frank Sinatra plays Detective Sgt. Joe Leland and it also stars Lee Remick, Robert Duvall and Ralph Meeker ("Kiss Me Deadly" is one of the great later period American Film Noir and Ralph Meeker is Mike Hammer)

The Detective (1968 film) - Wikipedia

Sinatra was more suited to a gangster type role.

Welcome Marion Morrison:) ...John Wayne ! the best in the west :thup:

660381JohnWayneinRidersofDestiny1933.png

John Wayne

I remember seeing at least one of the covered bridges in Madison County. Which means, of course, that Marion and Clint, as I like to call them, must have been, like, really tight.

It seems good! Looks like there's a decent mix of opinions and political leanings. I've been around some forums for a while and have already seen a familiar handle.

Hello,

Did you know that John Wayne was originally offered the role of Harry Callaghan in "Dirty Harry" and for some reason he turned it down, so Warner Brothers went with Clint Eastwood.

Harry Callaghan was also offered bizarrely to Frank Sinatra, and also less bizarrely to Burt Lancaster, Robert Mitchum and Steve McQueen.

Clint Eastwood is Harry Callaghan, but he was the fifth choice for that role, pretty astonishing stuff.
Harry Callaghan was also offered bizarrely to Frank Sinatra,

Why?

He did a couple of detective movies around that time.

Tony Rome, Lady in Cement...

Well I just can't envisage Frank Sinatra as Harry Callaghan myself.

"Tony Rome" and "Lady In Cement" are both good, as is "The Detective" from 1968, it's not a Tony Rome film, Frank Sinatra plays Detective Sgt. Joe Leland and it also stars Lee Remick, Robert Duvall and Ralph Meeker ("Kiss Me Deadly" is one of the great later period American Film Noir and Ralph Meeker is Mike Hammer)

The Detective (1968 film) - Wikipedia

Sinatra was more suited to a gangster type role.

I agree, but also Frank Sinatra was very good in "The Man With The Golden Arm" and "Suddenly"

"The Man With The Golden Arm" made in 1955 and directed by Otto Preminger and also starring Kim Novak.

The Man with the Golden Arm - Wikipedia

"Suddenly" made in 1954 and directed by Lewis Allen and also starring Sterling Hayden.

Suddenly (1954 film) - Wikipedia

Howdy!

I was literally holding my breath Mr. Hoss, I thought you were going to post that....thing again.

You know the thing I'm referring to :omg:

Howdy!

I was literally holding my breath Mr. Hoss, I thought you were going to post that....thing again.

Next time Lucy.

Howdy!

Next time Lucy.

I'll be hiding under my bed :omg:

Howdy!

Next time Lucy.

Private joke?

Howdy!

Next time Lucy.

Private joke?

Trust me, you don't want to go there, I'm psychologically scarred from going there :eek-52::scared1:

Howdy!

Next time Lucy.

Private joke?

He posts this horrible thing for some newbs. I think that's just for the ones he thinks are liberals though. :D

Howdy!

Next time Lucy.

Private joke?

He posts this horrible thing for some newbs. I think that's just for the ones he thinks are liberals though. :D

Geez, now I'm scared and my curiosity is piqued.

Howdy!

Next time Lucy.

Private joke?

Mr. Hoss is going to have to post that thing now so John Wayne knows what the fuck we're rambling about :omg:

Howdy!

Next time Lucy.

Private joke?

Lucy doesn't like @gunos twin .

Howdy!

Next time Lucy.

Private joke?

Ook.. Is this like a Mr. Potato Head fleshy-colored vibrating dildo hybrid or something?

Next time Lucy.

Private joke?

Ook.. Is this like a Mr. Potato Head fleshy-colored vibrating dildo hybrid or something?

Or something is probably the best way to describe it. :lol:

Howdy!

Next time Lucy.

Private joke?

OMG! :omg: :eek-52: :omg: :eek-52:

It's there that thing and I'm just an innocent girl with a virgin mind, oh wait, hold on, I forgot :eusa_doh:

Next time Lucy.

Private joke?

Something not right with it for sure, can't place what, though.

Private joke?

Well I think it might be Hillary's Blow-Up Doll for when Huma isn't around :smoke:

Private joke?

Well I think it might be Hillary's Blow-Up Doll for when Huma isn't around :smoke:

Needs more hair for that. What do you think all that coughing was from?

Forum List

Back