"Well Regulated Militia"

Between you and government oppression:

bunker_hill_lg%5B1%5D.jpg

Picture reminds one of George Washington putting down the first real citizen rebellion against the oppression of the new constitutional government. The citizens lost and government won, even with the second amendment and their muskets. And the government still survives today, despite all the accusations of oppression.

Smalll dicked assholes who want bigger and bigger guns...deal with it. Times are changing since they wrot eht 2nd ammendment.

The funny pary is, I am a gun owner. A gun owning lib. righy's, your heads must be exploding along with your small dicks.

This country changes. DEAL WITH IT.

Ok tiny dick...why do you have a gun? Obviously you dont need it, so why have it?

How long has it been since "Well Regulated Militia's" were necessary for the security of the State?

How long has it been since "Well Regulated Militia's" were necessary for the security of the State?

Well..... prior to WWII. And they were downright dangerous in 1861 (-:

The fascination with militas never ceases to amaze me. And, I'm not criticizing you at all. But at best the milita clause is a historical oddity that has no relevance today. If anyone wants an individual right, look elsewhere. And that's from such liberals as Oririn Hatch and Scalia. LOL

Funny, libs defend the post office, you know, that relic of days gone buy that runs around stuffing paper into little boxes in front of people's houses... yet declare the second amendment, and amendment specifically in place for the people to arm themselves against foreign and domestic enemies, and possibly tyrannical government, as obsolete.

Doe these dummies just have a death-wish?

The militia is now the National Guard.

I'll take that as there are no militias. They were all replaced by a branch of the Armed Forces of the United States.

Well, the governors retain nominal control, but the milita's training and equipment were nationally standardized. And in WWII, the Guard was effectively nationalized.

For example, the Ark natl guard was "assimilated" into regular infantry divisions in the aleutian campaign. I'd guess them Arkies got damn cold up there.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkansas_National_Guard_and_World_War_II#World_War_II

And the Reserve is sort of a component too. It's federal, but largely manned by single state personnel.

It doesn't matter what "Well regulated" means, or what a militia is, or even whether it's necessary.

"A well regulated militia" was mentioned in the 2nd amendment, only as an explanation for why the right to keep and bear arms could not be infringed. It was not a condition on that infringement.

According to the 2nd amendment, even if somebody manages to prove somehow that a militia is NOT necessary, the right to KBA still cannot be infringed.

In modern language, the 2nd amendment means:

"Since an armed and capable populace is necessary for security and freedom, the right of ordinary people to own and carry guns and other such weapons, cannot be taken away or restricted."

Last edited:
It doesn't matter what "Well regulated" means, or what a militia is, or even whether it's necessary.

"A well regulated militia" was mentioned in the 2nd amendment, only as an explanation for what the right to keep and bear arms could not be infringed. It was not a condition on that infringement.

According to the 2nd amendment, even if somebody manages to prove somehow that a militia is NOT necessary, the tight to KBA still cannot be infringed.

In modern language, the 2nd amendment means:

"Since an armed and capable populace is necessary for security and freedom, the right of ordinary people to own and carry guns and other such weapons, cannot be taken away or restricted."

Yes, I agree, but posters like [MENTION=37749]Black_Label[/MENTION] have returned to this again. The Gun Grabbers lie and distort in cycles, every time their myths are dispelled, they resort to the previous season's lies and myths, and then we're stuck cleaning up after them for all the people who are new to this argument.

And that is the Progressive strategy in a nutshell, lie to as many people as possible, in as short a time as possible. Pick up new constituencies and the younger generation (after the old constituents abandon you and the previous "young" generation matures) and recycle the same lies to them.

Works like a charm.

The militia is now the National Guard.

I'll take that as there are no militias. They were all replaced by a branch of the Armed Forces of the United States.
During colonial times the militia was the first line of defense. The standing army was secondary. Since today they are essentially independent of established authorities which maintains the primary means of defense they seem to have little purpose.

Constitution makes it clear that the job of regulating, training, supervising the Militia is with the States and Federal Government.

Constitution makes it clear that the job of regulating, training, supervising the Militia is with the States and Federal Government.
National Guard members are the organized militia, a subset of the Militia as defined by 10 U.S.C. § 311. The government certainly provides regulating, training, supervising for the organized militia, the National Guard. I doubt that the government has any responsibility for an unorganized militia.

10 USC § 311 - Militia: composition and classes | Title 10 - Armed Forces | U.S. Code | LII / Legal Information Institute

Forum List

Back