Well that's one way to reduce crime.

the watcher

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2016
Brilliant! Not prosecuting crime will certainly make for better reporting. If you aren't going to prosecute crimes, why bother stopping people? If you aren't going to stop people, why have police? If you don't need police, why have any laws? "Net Safety Benefit" is the new buzz word, get used to it. The dots are beginning to connect themselves. No prosecutions if drugs, illegal guns, stolen goods found at a traffic stop

Brilliant! Not prosecuting crime will certainly make for better reporting. If you aren't going to prosecute crimes, why bother stopping people? If you aren't going to stop people, why have police? If you don't need police, why have any laws? "Net Safety Benefit" is the new buzz word, get used to it. The dots are beginning to connect themselves. No prosecutions if drugs, illegal guns, stolen goods found at a traffic stop

Or... maybe it will get cops to stop violating the rights of people of color.

Now, if you or I get pulled over, the cop says, "He's white, I'll just check his DL to make sure he's not an ax-murderer." Heck, last time I got pulled over, I got let off with a warning.

When you are a person of color, the first thing the cop does is want to search your car for contraband.

When you stop someone, it should ONLY BE FOR THE TRAFFIC VIOLATION. It should not be a pretext to look for other crimes.

Yeah there's that. Stomping all over their right to carry their fawty and a bag of crack, and be all up in their bidness. We can be so much better.

Yes, we could. We could actually respect that the Second and Fourth Amendments actually apply to people of color, just like white people. That would be doing better.

Now, if you or I get pulled over, the cop says, "He's white, I'll just check his DL to make sure he's not an ax-murderer." Heck, last time I got pulled over, I got let off with a warning.

When you are a person of color, the first thing the cop does is want to search your car for contraband.

When you stop someone, it should ONLY BE FOR THE TRAFFIC VIOLATION. It should not be a pretext to look for other crimes.
You are a privileged white guy. In America too.

Try being poor and white. They just might take you as a teen, pull down your pants until you are in your underwear and bang a stick into your scrotum. Worse, the system will protect these "brave men in uniform (or plain clothes)".

Don't make it solely about race, socio-economic status is a major contributor as to who gets a warning and who gets a beating.

You are a privileged white guy. In America too.

Try being poor and white. They just might take you as a teen, pull down your pants until you are in your underwear and bang a stick into your scrotum. Worse, the system will protect these "brave men in uniform (or plain clothes)".

Don't make it solely about race, socio-economic status is a major contributor as to who gets a warning and who gets a beating.

Um, I grew up not exactly poor, but hardly privileged, in a working class neighborhood in Chicago. The 1970s were tough.

While I never got into any trouble, other people in my neighborhood did, and frankly, how the cops treat white delinquents and how they treat black delinquents was radically different and still is.

Yes, this is about race. Everything in America is about race.

Um, I grew up not exactly poor, but hardly privileged, in a working class neighborhood in Chicago. The 1970s were tough.

While I never got into any trouble, other people in my neighborhood did, and frankly, how the cops treat white delinquents and how they treat black delinquents was radically different and still is.

It isn't always about race. Do you think Lebron James if he is pulled over is going to have the same interaction with police as a poor black man? Or, a poor white man for that matter?

Expand your mind a little, it isn't as black and white as you believe.

But you are stupid. Not enforcing the laws breeds more of that.

Left wing stereotyping of police.

The police don't give white people special breaks.

It isn't always about race. Do you think Lebron James if he is pulled over is going to have the same interaction with police as a poor black man? Or, a poor white man for that matter?

Expand your mind a little, it isn't as black and white as you believe.
Why should a black man achieve wealth and fame to expect equitable treatment from police?

Oh, wait, here's a NBA player who was abused by police.

I have practical opinions based on what I see. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a traffic stop for a black guy where they are calling out three squad cars.
so youre condemning all cops over something you admit you cant tell us,,

as I said,, you have a reputation of just makin shit up,,

Forum List

Back