Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

I'm playing with an idea for a chilled shrimp cocktail with a frozen pina colada dip, similar in consistency to a sherbet but not quite as sweet, in place of the regular cocktail sauce. Not quite sure how I want to approach it. Chopped pineapple and shredded coconut, obviously, with some sort of chopped citrus mixed in and coconut milk and rum for the liquid. I don't think I want to go with cream, though. I'm dithering between either sour cream or maybe Greek yogurt.

Ham. And sort of nothing else, lol...we didn't have a ham dinner yesterday because my son and his family sort of fell through on their obligations (to get a ham) so we had hotdogs on the beach, and a nice fire, which was fun.

But I promised the kids we'd have ham tonight, so after he and his crew went home, I picked one up and cooked it, so they were able to nosh on ham after they got home tonight (though they weren't really hungry, having eaten at their after school program). It made them happy though. Grilled ham n cheese tomorrow.

Left over:

Ham
Scalloped potatoes
Rice
Gyoza
Deviled eggs
Peas
Sausage

And...let's see what else I can dig out of the back of the fridge...

I am having cod and ex is having barbque chicken (oven), baked taters, corn. For dessert....hmm. Not sure yet. Probably a nilla shake.

And you?

tonight we had

homemade meatloaf with old style mashed potatoes with horse radish

a little corn

fresh home baked brownies still warm

with a topping of vanilla ice cream

Left over pancit last night from Sunday, I made a big one with shrimp, pork and chicken that took hours to cook. I made enough to feed the projects.

Easter Sunday dinner was a 5 rib standing rib roast. Cooked using Alton Brown's method (except the terra cotta planter, couldnt find the damn thing.)

Cooked at around 200-220F for 5 hours, to 118 degrees, rested for 20 min, then placed in a 500 degree oven for 12 minutes for a nice crust.

Came out from medium at the ends to medium rare in the center.

I have a big pot of chicken soup going. The past two weeks have seen two of us sick and over it, one of us sick since Wed, one of us just home from work feeling sick and one who was sick but over it is coughing a new, deep chesty coughs. <sigh>

I made an applesauce cake too.

Tonight's food for me was a Bloomin' Onion from Outback Steakhouse...and I didn't even have to leave the house. My son brought it to me :)

My local supermarket had a buy one, get two free deal on pork ribs, so I snatched some up. I marinated some overnight in a raspberry vinaigrette, then covered the pan in tin foil (so they'd steam while they baked), put them in a 300-degree oven, and let them cook slow for a few hours. Sweet, fall-off-the-bone tender, and with just a slight outside crust.

Forum List

Back