Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Just finished a heaping plate of squid ink pasta. Soooooo gooooooooood! Now, I wait for the charcoal poops...

Took my first ever stab at hollandaise sauce.
Meh. Ya learn from mistakes. :D
Fish, asparagus. notostsalat

How did it turn out did the family praise ya?

Just me and the Mrs. these days (unless kid is home from school break).
She was glad not to cook LOL.

Rigged up a "double boiler". Didn't have the right kind of bowl. Got impatient.
Eggs got just a tad coddled.

Tonight it's

Roasted red and gold beet salad with a blood orange gastrique goat cheese and toasted pistachios.

Sashimi tuna with chili aoli.

Steamed mussels with a curry cream sauce

Seared diver scallops with pancetta, caviar and uni (sea urchin) with a light salad of mixed greens

I have a few bottles of a really nice Alsace Reisling to serve with it.

angel food cake with berries and lemon sabayon for dessert

Tonight it's

Roasted red and gold beet salad with a blood orange gastrique goat cheese and toasted pistachios.

Seared diver scallops with pancetta, caviar and uni (sea urchin) with a light salad of mixed greens

Sounds delicious :eusa_drool:

Tonight it's

That sounds amazing!

Tonight it's

That sounds amazing!

I haven't cooked for my wife in a couple weeks. I got a masseuse coming over to give her a massage before dinner too.

She's deserves a night of pampering.

Tonight it's

That sounds amazing!

I haven't cooked for my wife in a couple weeks. I got a masseuse coming over to give her a massage before dinner too.

She's deserves a night of pampering.

All that delicious food and a massage? sounds like a blast!

Our awesome neighbor just dropped off some home made yukejang! Happy days!!!!!

We had previously-unidentified beef which turned out to be suspiciously like filet mignon : )) With zukes 'n shrooms 'n' onions sautéed with a bit of olive oil, and some tiny red-skinned bitsy potatoes broiled with a dab of oil and a few yummy herbs.

I pretended not to notice as the husband snuck his meat into the microwave to overcook it, and we enjoyed a nice red wine with our meal.

Dessert was blackberries and apple matzoh kugel with hazelnuts in it.

I'm going to make blackened redfish for mr. boe. He caught a bunch on his recent trip. That and some red beans and rice (I mean I'm going to make it, not that he caught it). Thank the goddess for Zatarain's. I don't have the energy to do a from scratch version.

Forum List

Back