Zone1 Were the Kennedys really Catholic?

Is there a measure (here on Earth) by which we can assess the degree of someone’s Catholicism?

Well, the simple and obvious measure would be:

Does leader of the Catholic Church actually teach Catholic truths?

We know the answer to that one, don't we?

I agree w/ the sedevacantists who say the Chair of Peter has been vacant since 1958.

That said, Jesus has not abandoned the Church (that the Vatican purportedly represents... but doesn't)

Well, the simple and obvious measure would be:

Does leader of the Catholic Church actually teach Catholic truths?

We know the answer to that one, don't we?

I agree w/ the sedevacantists who say the Chair of Peter has been vacant since 1958.

That said, Jesus has not abandoned the Church (that the Vatican purportedly represents... but doesn't)
I’m not a Catholic. But I have several close relatives who are.

My question was more rhetorical than it came across. So, I’ll just be blunt. I believe it is improper for any of us to try to judge other people on how “Catholic” they are.

If JFK did boink Marilyn Monroe, it might make him a sinner as per Christian teachings. But sinning, alone, doesn’t tell the fool story especially about a religion which preaches (among other things) “forgiveness.”

... Does leader of the Catholic Church actually teach Catholic truths? ...

Much more important: Do you teach to yourselve "the truth"? Here for example more than 50% of all children live in single households. Or with other words: Many mothers fight alone. Sometimes I hear who had helped one of this mothers when it was very hard. Some of the people who help is my bishop and his guys.

I’m not a Catholic. But I have several close relatives who are.

My question was more rhetorical than it came across. So, I’ll just be blunt. I believe it is improper for any of us to try to judge other people on how “Catholic” they are.

If JFK did boink Marilyn Monroe, it might make him a sinner as per Christian teachings. But sinning, alone, doesn’t tell the fool story especially about a religion which preaches (among other things) “forgiveness.”
No one isforgiven unless one is truly sorry and if one is sorry, one won't commit the sin ever again. I don't know whther JFK ever asked God for forgivness for all his adulteries. Politicians are known for not talkin about spiritual matters. And no one can judge him because no one knows what goes on between a person and his God. But anyhow.. other than that, I am not sure I even get your main point here..

??

No one isforgiven unless one is truly sorry and if one is sorry, one won't commit the sin ever again. I don't know whther JFK ever asked God for forgivness for all his adulteries. Politicians are known for not talkin about spiritual matters. And no one can judge him because no one knows what goes on between a person and his God. But anyhow.. other than that, I am not sure I even get your main point here..

??
Conflation. One can be a good an forgiven Christian despite having committed some sins. This being the case, me can also be a good Catholic despite having committed sins. And I agree, you don’t know whether JFK ever asked for forgiveness from God. So, it’s not for you or me to judge.

I believe you figured out a lot of it.

Conflation. One can be a good an forgiven Christian despite having committed some sins. This being the case, me can also be a good Catholic despite having committed sins. And I agree, you don’t know whether JFK ever asked for forgiveness from God. So, it’s not for you or me to judge.

I believe you figured out a lot of it.
clueless. I "figured that out" a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG time ago.

clueless. I "figured that out" a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG time ago.
You’re very judgey.

You might be clueless. I don’t know. I don’t care.

But one would assume that you should seek to not be so judgey.

I think that was the only time Hitler was inside a Catholic Church. His family was not devout and he.. well, you know.. I tend to think it is better not to baptize a child at all unless you are, as the Church requires, planning to raise him by the tenets of the Church..

Every child needs a serios religious education. And all parents need our prayers.

By the way: The Hitler which you [think to] know was not born in Braunau. This Hitler was born in the cruel trenches from world war 1 surrounded from clouds of poisoned gas on long, long lonely ways. Hitler 1914 was another Hitler than Hitler 1918, 1933 or 1945.

And additionally let me say: As funny as the always drunken priest in the wonderful epos "The brave soldier Schweik" is - I understand very well why he always had been drunken. Only an "idiot" like Schweik was able to survive this war psychologically. See you 4 o'clock PM after the war in our pub in Prague. But it is better you will come at 5 o'clock PM because perhaps I may be late.

PS. The English title of the book is "The Good Soldier Švejk". Author is Jaroslav Hašek. ("š" is spoken "sh")

Last edited:
Every child needs a serios religious education. And all parents need our prayers.

By the way: The Hitler which you [think to] know was not born in Braunau. This Hitler was born in the cruel trenches from world war 1 surrounded from clouds of poisoned gas on long, long lonely ways. Hitler 1914 was another Hitler than Hitler 1918, 1933 or 1945.

And additionally let me say: As funny as the always drunken priest in the wonderful epos "The brave soldier Schweik" is - I understand very well why he always had been drunken. Only an "idiot" like Schweik was able to survive this war psychologically. See you 4 o'clock PM after the war in our pub in Prague. But it is better you will come at 5 o'clock PM because perhaps I may be late.

PS. The English title of the book is "The Good Soldier Švejk". Author is Jaroslav Hašek. ("š" is spoken "sh")
I don't really get all this..

but oh well. . I'm not interested in someone who has been dead for what... 70 years?

I don't really get all this..

but oh well. . I'm not interested in someone who has been dead for what... 70 years?

The brave soldier Shvejk, Joseph, a very special cilivist in uniform, never died and never will die - but he is not an US-American hero. You wiped out him and his world.

Last edited:
Well, compared to some folks in national gummit these days, they were down right SAINTS

Anyhow, I read this book about the Kennedys written by one of Rose and Joseph P's children. They were very good parents. They taught their children very important things for doing well in the world. My parents.. um... whatever..

I found out that Bobby in particular was a pretty devout Catholic, at least when he was younger. I don't know about when he was older. I'll have to read more.

We haven't heard anything about Robert Jr's religion.

Which tells us all we need to know?
Nobody is really Catholic except you.

on Life, Liberty and Levin, Fox News

I was never overly fond of Joe Kennedy but didn't know he was anti-Semitic. Well, why wouldn't he be? Look who he worked for as ambassador?

FDR

FDR was a serious racist, as ws President Wilson. I didn't learn that from Levin, but I did learn of incidents I had not heard of... like how FDR (and/or Wilson?) had those applying to be in the military send a photo... which was his way of keeping Blacks out of the military..

I'm pretty sure it was the military he was talking about. He didn't stay on one "incident" long, gave a long litany of stories to show these 2 were racist.. He made the Japanese during WWII go into concentration-like camps and (something I did not know) they lost their property.

Well, compared to some folks in national gummit these days, they were down right SAINTS

Anyhow, I read this book about the Kennedys written by one of Rose and Joseph P's children. They were very good parents. They taught their children very important things for doing well in the world. My parents.. um... whatever..

I found out that Bobby in particular was a pretty devout Catholic, at least when he was younger. I don't know about when he was older. I'll have to read more.

We haven't heard anything about Robert Jr's religion.

Which tells us all we need to know?
Sure; President Kennedy couldn’t keep his pants up, Bobby Kennedy shared Marilyn Monroe with his older brother who eventually had her killed and Ted Kennedy Couldn’t keep his pants up either and deliberately let her drown They do take after their father who couldn’t keep his pants up either especially when he was with Gloria Swanson

Sure; President Kennedy couldn’t keep his pants up, Bobby Kennedy shared Marilyn Monroe with his older brother who eventually had her killed and Ted Kennedy Couldn’t keep his pants up either and deliberately let her drown They do take after their father who couldn’t keep his pants up either especially when he was with Gloria Swanson

yeh, I was trying to remember the name of the actress he had an affair with or it was alleged he had one with. But if that is not true, where did his sons learn to commit adultery? Usually children of parents who are faithful to one another do not do this... usually. In any case,

What do we expect of dumrats?

Forum List

Back