Westboro Baptist Church: Where's The Outrage?

You don't really have an answer to that do you?

You just want to use the actions of the WBC to take cheap shots at people you disagree with politically.

Who really needs the WBC on this thread?

I've answered the question. And I'm not taking cheap-shots......unless you think my OP was correct.

Your OP was a cheap shot, mud. Wildly inaccurate, trollish, and a very lame cheap shot. Twist and deflect all you want, but anybody with half a brain cell knows exactly what you're doing here. Just another "Liberals are evil scum" thread. Yawn.

Not cool, dude. Not surprising, but not cool.

You have to watch out for sneaky SF dudes.

You don't really have an answer to that do you?

You just want to use the actions of the WBC to take cheap shots at people you disagree with politically.

Who really needs the WBC on this thread?

I've answered the question. And I'm not taking cheap-shots......unless you think my OP was correct.

Your OP was a cheap shot, mud. Wildly inaccurate, trollish, and a very lame cheap shot. Twist and deflect all you want, but anybody with half a brain cell knows exactly what you're doing here. Just another "Liberals are evil scum" thread. Yawn.

But very true. One would think that there would be total outrage after the Supreme Court found in favor of the Westboro Baptist Church but there isn't any. Just a lot of yawning and dismissals.

Nope...my OP was dead-on.

Sorry if the truth hurts you personally.

You have to watch out for sneaky SF dudes.

This is true.

But very true. One would think that there would be total outrage after the Supreme Court found in favor of the Westboro Baptist Church but there isn't any. Just a lot of yawning and dismissals.

The Supreme Court put out a decision? In record time after hearing oral arguments? Funny it hasn't been published, publicized or talked about on the board. We all must not have your ESP. Do you do seances too?

Act like a dumbass troll, get treated like a dumbass troll. /shrug

I think the WBC is more horrible than the KKK because it calls itself a Christian church, and their actions are NOT, in any way shape or form, Christ like.

and when I originally thought that they interupted the funeral and burial of Mr Snyder's son, I was all for doing something, within the realms of the constitution, to shut them the heck up. Like, making them position themselves where they could not be heard or seen by the Snyders, so not to interrupt this solemn and private and personal moment of putting their son to rest.

Only when I found out that the snyders did NOT HEAR OR SEE the WBC at their son's funeral, due to their distance and due to laws that were already in place....and that the only reason the Snyders even knew about the WBC protesting their son's funeral, was due to the snyders seeing the coverage of the wbc on television that evening.....did i begin to have a problem with it....*

and since this IS THE SITUATION, will any of the rulings regarding this case, actually be a ruling that results in RESTRICTING the PRESS and breaking the constitution, in the manner of "the freedom of the Press"??

Last edited:

The Supreme Court put out a decision? In record time after hearing oral arguments? Funny it hasn't been published, publicized or talked about on the board. We all must not have your ESP. Do you do seances too?

:lol:

Yeah, I was curious about that. I didn't think a decision had been made.

Frankly, I suspect they will rule in favor of the WBC.

Why would we be outraged over something we all knew was going to happen?

The fuckwit is spouting off without knowing even the difference between hearing oral arguments and releasing an opinion, GTH. That alone tells you exactly what this thread is worth. :cuckoo:

Well....dumb-ass....aren't we talking about it now? Isn't the fact that it wasn't being talked about the reason I started this thread?

Jesus Christ.....you just proved my point.

Who's the fucken troll??? REALLY!!!:lol:

Last edited:

Actually reading the 4th Circuit decision, the briefs and the transcripts of orals, I suspect it will be a split decision and remanded for retrial. It'll be a couple months till we know for sure. They have a lot of different avenues for deciding it, and could go broad or extremely narrow depending on what they choose to do with it.

But hey.....Mud's crystal ball knows all. :lol::lol:

The fuckwit is spouting off without knowing even the difference between hearing oral arguments and releasing an opinion, GTH. That alone tells you exactly what this thread is worth. :cuckoo:

Yeah. I just realized that. For the record, I think the SCOTUS will rule in favor of the WBC, and when that happens, I will not go into fits of outrage.

It's a pretty clear first amendment issue. That being said, if this gets into the issue of a tort, then maybe it is not so clear cut.

Well....dumb-ass....aren't we talking about it now? Isn't the fact that wasn't being talked about the reason I started this thread?

I'm going to say this slowly and using small, easy words just for you...THERE IS NO DECISION.

Read up and learn something before you go off spouting crap, boy. You might learn to keep your foot out of your mouth yet. I doubt it, but there's always hope. Now go bugger off and play in the sandbox with the other ignorant bomb throwing hacks, this one is way outta your league.

Well....dumb-ass....aren't we talking about it now? Isn't the fact that wasn't being talked about the reason I started this thread?

You claimed the SCOTUS had made a decision on the WBC matter. That was factually inaccurate.

Insults aren't going to obscure that.

Yeah. I just realized that. For the record, I think the SCOTUS will rule in favor of the WBC, and when that happens, I will not go into fits of outrage.

It's a pretty clear first amendment issue. That being said, if this gets into the issue of a tort, then maybe it is not so clear cut.

If the speech is covered by the First Amendment there can be no tort liability, it's that simple. But there are multiple threads with all of the info and a lot of good arguments either way out there from earlier in the week when they heard orals. Personally I hope the WBC wins on two of the issues, at least. The ramifications of them losing would be severe because of the scope of what the Snyders are arguing.

If the speech is covered by the First Amendment there can be no tort liability, it's that simple. But there are multiple threads with all of the info and a lot of good arguments either way out there from earlier in the week when they heard orals. Personally I hope the WBC wins on two of the issues, at least. The ramifications of them losing would be severe because of the scope of what the Snyders are arguing.

Interesting. I didn't know that. This is why I am not a lawyer.

I think the WBC is more horrible than the KKK because it calls itself a Christian church, and their actions are NOT, in any way shape or form, Christ like.

and when I originally thought that they interupted the funeral and burial of Mr Snyder's son, I was all for doing something, within the realms of the constitution, to shut them the heck up. Like, making them position themselves where they could not be heard or seen by the Snyders, so not to interrupt this solemn and private and personal moment of putting their son to rest.

Only when I found out that the snyders did NOT HEAR OR SEE the WBC at their son's funeral, due to their distance and due to laws that were already in place....and that the only reason the Snyders even knew about the WBC protesting their son's funeral, was due to the snyders seeing the coverage of the wbc on television that evening.....did i begin to have a problem with it....*

and since this IS THE SITUATION, will any of the rulings regarding this case, actually be a ruling that results in RESTRICTING the PRESS and breaking the constitution, in the manner of "the freedom of the Press"??

This is a valid point. I wasn't thinking just about the Snyders but everyone these idiots protest. There are worse cases out there...and I think the Snyders aren't exactly damaged by what the WBC did. They couldn't prove actual pain and suffering. It would have been better if several plaintiffs had gotten together with a class-action suit rather then a single plaintiff. I'm not a lawyer but I think the Snyders' lawyer made a miscalculation.

However getting back to my original point, I see constant double-standards from the left and this is just one of them. They find the time to voice their opinions on every silly issue out there but total silence on this. I think the lack of outrage from members here illuminates this especially since the this issue is being featured very prominently in the news, or at least it was for a few days till it was dropped as a lead story due to lack of interest. Maybe it has more to do with a failure of the MSM to focus on it more then anything. After all....most of the public tends to focus on what the media focuses on.

Interesting. I didn't know that. This is why I am not a lawyer.

Then again, you don't pretend you know things you don't to try to make unfounded and trollish insinuations about your political opponents. ;)

Actually reading the 4th Circuit decision, the briefs and the transcripts of orals, I suspect it will be a split decision and remanded for retrial. It'll be a couple months till we know for sure. They have a lot of different avenues for deciding it, and could go broad or extremely narrow depending on what they choose to do with it.

But hey.....Mud's crystal ball knows all. :lol::lol:

All of the talking heads seem to think they've already ruled in favor of the WBC and it's just a matter of putting it in writing.

This is a valid point. I wasn't thinking just about the Snyders but everyone these idiots protest. There are worse cases out there...and I think the Snyders aren't exactly damaged by what the WBC did. They couldn't prove actual pain and suffering. It would have been better if several plaintiffs had gotten together with a class-action suit rather then a single plaintiff. I'm not a lawyer but I think the Snyders' lawyer made a miscalculation.

However getting back to my original point, I see constant double-standards from the left and this is just one of them. They find the time to voice their opinions on every silly issue out there but total silence on this. I think the lack of outrage from members here illuminates this especially since the this issue is being featured very prominently in the news, or at least it was for a few days till it was dropped as a lead story due to lack of interest. Maybe it has more to do with a failure of the MSM to focus on it more then anything. After all....most of the public tends to focus on what the media focuses on.

No, mud. It was dropped because oral arguments are done, and the public will receive no more information on this case until the Supremes announce their decision. Which will take a few months.

You want the links to read about what's actually going on here so maybe you can wrap your brain cell around what's really going on and how it works? I'll be happy to supply them if you're interested in actually learning something rather than backpedal and smear. Your call.

Goldcatt....I had no idea you were such a pathetic asshole.

My mistake.

Goldcatt....I had no idea you were such a pathetic asshole.

My mistake.

Live and learn, MW. I simply don't suffer fools gladly when it's something so fundamental as what you're putting out there. People other than us read these threads, you know. And you're putting wrong info out there about a serious topic in order to make a cheap shot. You deserved it.

Now do you want those links or not?

Forum List

Back