What A Show Trump In Flint, MI Was!

toobfreak

Tungsten/Glass Member
Apr 29, 2017
On The Way Home To Earth
Last night, I caught a re-airing of Trump's rally at Flint, MI, and I normally don't watch much of this stuff anymore as a lot of it is just a repetition of stuff I already know and have seen before, but four things really caught my eye that I ended up taking in most of Trump's speech for about an hour, glued to the TV set!
  1. The first big thing was the MOC there Sarah Huckabee Sanders. While Vance seems OK, I have to agree with a comment I saw somebody make here that Sarah should have been his VP pick. I think that not only would she have helped bring in more of the woman's vote, especially younger girls where Trump is the weakest, but I have never heard a better lead-up introduction for Trump! It just EXUDED love and affection, respect and appreciation--- it was the best! At the very least, she ought to be Trump's press secretary if reelected.
  2. The next thing I noticed were all the blacks in the audience applauding him. I know there are a lot of blacks who live in the Detroit area. The rows behind him looked to be at least 25-30% black, possibly up to 50%! Of course, maybe these people are hand picked, I don't know, but I thought it was pretty significant.
  3. Lastly was Trump himself. I never realized how changeable this guy is! He was the exact opposite of that as seen during the debate--- this time, he was very relaxed, warm, casual, friendly-- actually loving! Normally, politicians don't change much because their public appearances are scripted but here was a guy who was just assaulted by another attempted assassin the day before trying to take his life, and he sat there in this crowd with no glass, no teleprompters, just speaking right off the cuff impromptu with a hand-held mic. He alternated from telling stories recounting various events to going into pretty significant details on his policy plans, and they were good! Best of all, his stories and recollections were not only entertaining, but flowed right into his policy discussions and his policy discussions flowed right back into his next story. That was when I realized what a sincere guy Trump had to be, unguarded, because you can't do that when you are staging a scripted appearance. I was actually drawn into the event for an hour and I think it might be his best speech he's given in a long time. Further, he was taking questions from the crowd! Several good questions. One in particular I liked was his plans for rebuilding and revitalizing the auto industry. The only time I took issue with him was when he said that the planet was actually COOLING, and I wanted to ask him where Earth was cooling?!
  4. The other thing I noticed was when Trump came out, there were DOUBLE the secret service I normally see around him. He was in a sea of security, and they were all over and around him tighter than a Speedo is on an Olympic swimmer. No one is getting near Trump.
It was in a town hall of 8-9,000 I think with several thousand more outside turned away. Folks there were glued to his speech and I didn't see one person getting up and walking out as Harris had claimed at the debate. Quite the opposite, when she claimed that, it reminded me that even when Trump was bloodied, shot by a sniper in Butler Pa with others hit in the crowd, even then, NO ONE GOT UP AND FLED OR LEFT! With bullets in the air, people there were more concerned for Trump than they were themselves.

If you didn't see the event, I highly recommend you check it out, especially the first 15 minutes!

Last edited:
Last night, I caught a re-airing of Trump's rally at Flint, MI, and I normally don't watch much of this stuff anymore as a lot of it is just a repetition of stuff I already know and have seen before, but four things really caught my eye that I ended up taking in most of Trump's speech for about an hour, glued to the TV set!
  1. The first big thing was the MOC there Sarah Huckabee Sanders. While Vance seems OK, I have to agree with a comment I saw somebody make here that Sarah should have been his VP pick. I think that not only would she have helped bring in more of the woman's vote, especially younger girls where Trump is the weakest, but I have never heard a better lead-up introduction for Trump! It just EXUDED love and affection, respect and appreciation--- it was the best! At the very least, she ought to be Trump's press secretary if reelected.
  2. The next thing I noticed were all the blacks in the audience applauding him. I know there are a lot of blacks who live in the Detroit area. The rows behind him looked to be at least 25-30% black, possibly up to 50%! Of course, maybe these people are hand picked, I don't know, but I thought it was pretty significant.
  3. Lastly was Trump himself. I never realized how changeable this guy is! He was the exact opposite of that as seen during the debate--- this time, he was very relaxed, warm, casual, friendly-- actually loving! Normally, politicians don't change much because their public appearances are scripted but here was a guy who was just assaulted by another attempted assassin the day before trying to take his life, and he sat there in this crowd with no glass, no teleprompters, just speaking right off the cuff impromptu with a hand-held mic. He alternated from telling stories recounting various events to going into pretty significant details on his policy plans, and they were good! Best of all, his stories and recollections were not only entertaining, but flowed right into his policy discussions and his policy discussions flowed right back into his next story. That was when I realized what a sincere guy Trump had to be, unguarded, because you can't do that when you are staging a scripted appearance. I was actually drawn into the event for an hour and I think it might be his best speech he's given in a long time. Further, he was taking questions from the crowd! Several good questions. One in particular I liked was his plans for rebuilding and revitalizing the auto industry. The only time I took issue with him was when he said that the planet was actually COOLING, and I wanted to ask him where Earth was cooling?!
  4. The other thing I noticed was when Trump came out, there were DOUBLE the secret service I normally see around him. He was in a sea of security, and they were all over and around him tighter than a Speedo is on an Olympic swimmer. No one is getting near Trump.
It was in a town hall of 8-9,000 I think with several thousand more outside turned away. Folks there were glued to his speech and I didn't see one person getting up and walking out as Harris had claimed at the debate. Quite the opposite, when she claimed that, it reminded me that even when Trump was bloodied, shot by a sniper in Butler Pa with others hit in the crowd, even then, NO ONE GOT UP AND FLED OR LEFT! With bullets in the air, people there were more concerned for Trump than they were themselves.

If you didn't see the event, I highly recommend you check it out, especially the first 15 minutes!

In my gut I suspect he actually did ask Sarah if she would be interested. But she is still very young, has served less than two years of her first term as governor in Arkansas and she also is extremely family oriented and likely did not want to put her three older but still at home kids through all that. When she completes two terms as governor of Arkansas, I think her youngest will be ready for college and then she could likely set her sights on the Presidency. I would vote for her in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back