What are some of your favorite songs by the band, Roxy Music?

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2019
My favorites are - 1) More Than This 2) Love is the Drug 3) Take a Chance with Me 4) Avalon, and 5) Both Ends Burning

A way back. It departs into more funk-a-delic than they normally did. But for the time it was released, it sounded like nothing else. :)

Honestly never heard of them, thought it was a type of music
They were a group from the UK that recorded from roughly 1972 to 1982-83 before disbanding. I guess you'd call most of their music "art rock" for lack of a better term. They combined elements of rock, jazz, keyboards/synthesizer, and a bit of dance beat into one intoxicating mix. But it had MOSTLY a rock and roll sound underpinning the other elements. My favorite album by them is Avalon, released in 1982, which may have been their last studio release. It features my favorite song by them, "More Than This", which has an elegant, sleek sound underpinning the wonderful electric guitar, bass, and drum sound. This song is actually used in the Bill Murray film, Lost In Translation, when he goes to a Japanese karaoke bar, and sings the song. It was quite a surprise for me to hear this in the film. So, I believe the album Avalon could be their best release, although the album, Siren, released in the mid 1970's, is pretty close in quality. And Siren features the first song by them that caught my attention, "Love Is The Drug", which has rightfully become a classic.

Forum List

Back