What are you listening to?

Also some surprisingly good guitarists that you wouldn't expect........

ok this video is a bit annoying, but Roy Clark was good and could play damn near anything on a guitar

The Nashville String Band, was Chet Atkins with Homer & Jethro, also from the comedy show 'HeeHaw'

Also some surprisingly good guitarists that you wouldn't expect........

ok this video is a bit annoying, but Roy Clark was good and could play damn near anything on a guitar

The Nashville String Band, was Chet Atkins with Homer & Jethro, also from the comedy show 'HeeHaw'

From what I recall Roy Clark could play damn near anything on anything. One of the most versatile musicians I've ever seen, and never saw him pick up an instrument that looked like it was a challenge.

He prolly still can, he's a natural. :thup:

I've always had an oddball love of John Denver. His country music is a little sappy, but in a surprisingly likeable way. Keep in mind I was born during the peak of Mr. Denver's career (the '70s) and both my parents were John Denver fans who listened to him constantly. So whenever I hear John Denver, I do feel a nostalgic childhood connection. Anyway, this is my favorite one that gets pleasantly stuck in my head forever. Fun to listen to ad nauseum. That woman is just as good a singer as he is.

Last edited:
I've always had an oddball love of John Denver. His country music is a little sappy, but in a surprisingly likeable way. Keep in mind I was born during the peak of Mr. Denver's career (the '70s) and both my parents were John Denver fans who listened to him constantly. So whenever I hear John Denver, I do feel a nostalgic childhood connection. Anyway, this is my favorite one that gets pleasantly stuck in my head forever. Fun to listen to ad nauseum. That woman is just as good a singer as he is.

I get that. I'm an old guy and can still relate to my mom and dads over and over of Andy Williams on vinyl. Now I listen to it and the dude DID have some talent.

Forum List

Back